PDA

View Full Version : iPod touch 1st gen 3.1.3 upgrade

roryson
9th April, 2012, 10:04 PM
is there any chance of upgrading my itouch any higher than the 3.1.3 im on now. it was a while ago and the latest i knew about was 3.1.3
thankx for any help..

fijiman
11th April, 2012, 10:19 PM
Your at the cutting edge now... firmware wise...

roryson
11th April, 2012, 10:20 PM
ok m8 cheers

Egren71
12th April, 2012, 01:48 PM
As i understand it, any IOS greater than 3.1.3 requires more power than the Ver.1 iPod touch has, so it is unlikely that Apple will ever release a higher version of software. Also the version 1 ipod touch is quite an old product nowadays so they probably have little incentive to update the software.
There are some groups who are trying to bring higher versions of software to the 1st gen Touch, see here (http://technoheads.org/2010/06/want-4-0-have-a-1st-gen-iphoneipod-touch/).
But these are not official upgrades. I can't tell you how or if they work as i have never tried either of them.

bloodscrap
29th May, 2012, 12:21 PM
Ive used Whited00r and its pretty good, They are on version 5.1 now however that doesnt mean that you can install iOS4 and 5 apps on the device because the firmware is based on iOS3, but it does give you the main features of the later iOS versions.

I found it irritating that I couldnt use later apps so switched back to a normal jailbreak with 4.2.1 on the Ipod touch 2G. Because you are stuck on iOS3 this might be what you are wanting and if so then Whited00r isnt for you, unless you want the later inbuilt features of iOS4 and 5.