PDA

View Full Version : stream dm500 hd clone to PC

huzy71
10th April, 2012, 12:06 AM
Hi guys

i have a dm500hd clone. i know its a clone because i cannot login to the enigma webpage when i type in the ip adrress in my browser. also on the front of my box it says HDTV HD dm500HD and no where on the box does it mention dreambox.

I would like to stream channels from my box because i would like to watch WWE which comes on late at night especially the monday episode. i have tried several applications such as DreamStream E2 but with no luck. I cannot even just stream with vlc because i connect to my box. if anyone can help me out i would be very much thankfull.

Huzayfah

shankill2012
10th April, 2012, 12:21 AM
Clone or original dreambox you should still be able to access your dreambox web tv, have you put - http:// in front of your ip ?

huzy71
10th April, 2012, 12:37 AM
yes i have :dong:

and thanks for the reply

shankill2012
10th April, 2012, 12:53 AM
Out of curiosity - where did you get the dreambox ip from ?

huzy71
10th April, 2012, 01:43 AM
from MENU> NETWORK SETTINGS > IP ADDRESS . IT SAID 192.168.0.2. It checked out the same on my router login page as well :S

shankill2012
10th April, 2012, 11:07 AM
Have you tried a network test on the dreambox network settings page to make sure it's working ok ? Can you access the dreambox upgrade screen by holding the button on the front of dreambox and powering on from the wall ?

huzy71
10th April, 2012, 12:43 PM
I have no button on the front of my box . Also i do not even an option to test that my box is working ok. As soon as i click network settings i have four options. newcamd server setup, ccam client setup , mgcamd setup, twin portocol setup and network setting it self. Although i do know all my channels work correctly and that my box is functioning okay. i just cannot stream to the PC.

andy91
10th April, 2012, 12:48 PM
Im guessing you can watch premium channels on your box what does it say in the network settings and what internet server,ie Virgin are you using and what is the make of your router?

Andy.

andy91
10th April, 2012, 12:54 PM
Follow this thread excellent free program to steam to laptop or pc.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f207/enigma-web-tv-dreambox-streaming-over-internet-256568/

Andy.

huzy71
10th April, 2012, 12:57 PM
my network setting just say may gateway and subnet mask. also they note the ip of the box which is 192.168.0.2 and the dhcp ip . and thats pretty much it. im on virgin as well

andy91
10th April, 2012, 01:01 PM
my network setting just say may gateway and subnet mask. also they note the ip of the box which is 192.168.0.2 and the dhcp ip . and thats pretty much it. im on virgin as well

Are you watching premium channels through a sub?
You didnt say what was your router?
Gateway and namrserver should be the same as your router,netnask should be 255.255.255.0

Better to have dhcp as no or disabled and choose your own ip address for the dreambox.

Andy.

huzy71
10th April, 2012, 01:14 PM
i am watching the premium channels through a card sharing service. i pay for the box and extra for the channels. all i want to know is how im supposed to stream to the pc

huzy71
10th April, 2012, 01:16 PM
also i tried the software you requested with no luck

huzy71
10th April, 2012, 01:17 PM
my router is 192.168.0.1

andy91
10th April, 2012, 01:22 PM
my router is 192.168.0.1

If thats your router ip it should be the same as the gateway on the box.
That program works fine so it must be something your not doing right.
As others have said did you put http://192.168.0.2 into your web browser(not google) and hit enter,it should come up with dreambox web control.
If you're getting premium channels your network is fine so that program i sent you should work fine providing you put the correct details in it.

Andy.

huzy71
10th April, 2012, 01:26 PM
If thats your router ip it should be the same as the gateway on the box.
That program works fine so it must be something your not doing right.
As others have said did you put http://192.168.0.2 into your web browser(not google) and hit enter,it should come up with dreambox web control.
If you're getting premium channels your network is fine so that program i sent you should work fine providing you put the correct details in it.

Andy.

i have put http://192.168.0.2 both into chrome and internet explorer . i have also put it into firefox and the run command. both with no luck . il check my settings again . thanks for replying :five:

andy91
10th April, 2012, 01:33 PM
i have put http://192.168.0.2 both into chrome and internet explorer . i have also put it into firefox and the run command. both with no luck . il check my settings again . thanks for replying :five:

Take it you have no virus or firewall blocking anything.
Seems weird this not working for you if the box is connected ok and you can watch the likes of Sky.

Andy.

andy91
10th April, 2012, 01:41 PM
Did come across a mate who had trouble with a Netgear router.
I kept the gateway and the nameserver the same and it worked but then one day wouldnt connect.
If the end iChanged the nameserver to 194.168.4.100 which is Virgins Nameserver and it did the trick.
You could try that and see if that works.

Andy.

huzy71
10th April, 2012, 01:45 PM
i have no virus or firewall blocking anything. also i disabled dhcp and assigned my own ip address but the box got scrambled and lol i STILL could not connect to the box . i enabled the DHCP and the channells worked again.

andy91
10th April, 2012, 01:52 PM
i have no virus or firewall blocking anything. also i disabled dhcp and assigned my own ip address but the box got scrambled and lol i STILL could not connect to the box . i enabled the DHCP and the channells worked again.

Better to disable dhcp but the ip of the dreambox should mirror the routers ip barring the last to digits so you could make it 192.168.0.100 instead of .2
Do this disable dhcp and reboot to take affect.
Less chance of ip conflict,dont suppose you have ipad,iphone,xbox live also in your house?

That may be the reason due to ip conflict,setting a high last digits on dreambox will mean nothing clashes with the dreambox

Andy.

huzy71
10th April, 2012, 01:57 PM
i have psn and four blackberries ? Also 194.168.4.100 is my dhcp primary address and my secondary address is 194.168.8.100. I shall disable the dhcp again and then assign the ip to 192.168.0.100 and then reboot. and report back

huzy71
10th April, 2012, 02:01 PM
the box is working fine. no scrambled messages but i still get the "Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to 192.168.2.100"

andy91
10th April, 2012, 02:09 PM
i have psn and four blackberries ? Also 194.168.4.100 is my dhcp primary address and my secondary address is 194.168.8.100. I shall disable the dhcp again and then assign the ip to 192.168.0.100 and then reboot. and report back

Instead of using the 2 nameservers above use the routers ip address which is the gateway and use that as the nameserver but you will only need one as the naameserver not 2.

Not very often you need to use Virgin as the namervers,most use the routers ip instead.

Andy.

huzy71
10th April, 2012, 02:16 PM
Instead of using the 2 nameservers above use the routers ip address which is the gateway and use that as the nameserver but you will only need one as the naameserver not 2.

Not very often you need to use Virgin as the namervers,most use the routers ip instead.

Andy.

when you say name server do you mean dhcp primary and secondary ?

andy91
10th April, 2012, 02:24 PM
when you say name server do you mean dhcp primary and secondary ?

Yes mate change the first one so it matches your gateway(router ip)

You dont need the second one,if it doesnt work put the others back but its worth a go.
Did the .100 work with dhcp disabled?

Only other thing is ditch Chrome and try internet explorer.

Andy.

huzy71
10th April, 2012, 02:54 PM
Yes mate change the first one so it matches your gateway(router ip)

You dont need the second one,if it doesnt work put the others back but its worth a go.
Did the .100 work with dhcp disabled?

Only other thing is ditch Chrome and try internet explorer.

Andy.

okay the nameservers thing did not work . i got scrambled for each premimum channel.

however the .100 thing did work and i find that my connection on the box is a bit more smoother now as well. and because of this i am keeping this setup. also i ditched chrome and tried it on IE 9 but i recieved the error "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

andy91
10th April, 2012, 02:57 PM
okay the nameservers thing did not work . i got scrambled for each premimum channel.

however the .100 thing did work and i find that my connection on the box is a bit more smoother now as well. and because of this i am keeping this setup. also i ditched chrome and tried it on IE 9 but i recieved the error "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

Try the program i sent you and change the settings so you have your new dreambox setting with the .100 at the end.

Follow the guide you dont need to do all of it,just do it to the stage for watching it on a laptop.
In the guide it shows you what settings they have to get it to work just copy them over.
Im guessing they sent you a password to set it up?

Andy.

huzy71
10th April, 2012, 02:59 PM
Try the program i sent you and change the settings so you have your new dreambox setting with the .100 at the end.

Follow the guide you dont need to do all of it,just do it to the stage for watching it on a laptop.
In the guide it shows you what settings they have to get it to work just copy them over.
Im guessing they sent you a password to set it up?

Andy.

the only password i have is 1111 which is to edit chanels and to add a parental lock and such

andy91
10th April, 2012, 03:02 PM
the only password i have is 1111 which is to edit chanels and to add a parental lock and such

Is that the password they emailed you with?

Its not the one in the guide thats just an example.

Andy.