PDA

View Full Version : Does the Wii accept a SDHC Card?

shin
20th January, 2009, 02:04 PM
Hi Guys, will the Wii accept SDHC cards? i.e. more than 2gb?? I have read in a few places that only up to a 2gb SD card is recognised by the Wii

drawflex
21st January, 2009, 07:41 PM
It only officially supports SD upto 2gig mate... Shit i know

shin
21st January, 2009, 08:30 PM
It only officially supports SD upto 2gig mate... Shit i know

yeah, thats what it says on the official nintendo site aswell, but i've read some posts where people have said you can rip original games to the SD card, and surely most games are more than 2gb?

thanks for the info though mate!

drawflex
21st January, 2009, 08:44 PM
aaah.

I've done a bit more reading and found that the new homebrew channel adds support for SDHC cards !!! ( I've never tried it )

Nick one out of a camera or phone and give it a go !

EDIT : I've just pulled this off the web ;

the wii supports sdhc using the homebrew cannel from beta 9 and up.but im'looking for a new 8GB or 16GB because my 8GB is a class 4 and class 4 and 6 i here don't work with the homebrew channel.i think my 8GB is class 4 because i see a number 4 on it.my sd card is a micro sd card if you want to know.

So i'm reckoning you need ONE OF THESE (http://www.ebuyer.com/product/130038) ( eg class 2 ) The class just denotes read transfer speed , class 2 = 2meg/second , class 4 =4 meg/second...bla bla ...

In short it looks like homebrew channel accepts SDHC cards as long as the read transfer rate is <=2meg/second
You'll need one 8gig though as Wii backups are all 4.37gig.

DKinfranet
24th January, 2009, 09:07 PM
You mean we can play a game which is saved in a SD memory card through Homebrew Channel?

Cn you please provide more details. I would like to try it as it will save some DVD -/+Rs

Keithuk
21st December, 2011, 02:58 AM
Sorry if this is an old thread but I saw someone browsing it.

Hi Guys, will the Wii accept SDHC cards? i.e. more than 2gb?? I have read in a few places that only up to a 2gb SD card is recognised by the Wii

System Menu 4.0+ supports SDHC cards up to 32 GB. Less than 4.0 and your stuck with 2GB max. Even it you softmod a 4.0+ you still need to use a 2GB because the softmod doesn't recognise larger SD cards to read the files.