PDA

View Full Version : radio delay :pause live radio

andymc1s
12th April, 2012, 11:40 AM
I just added a link for this software in the downloads section .its in the pc category.

Manic01
12th April, 2012, 11:57 AM
Digital Kaos - Downloads - radio delay (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/pc/9/radio-delay-2086/)

ITS A SCAM !
12th April, 2012, 01:48 PM
I do currently use audio delay software, however i am after something what i can let the family use whilst i am at the football match, i have been looking at the radios made by Pure & Roberts, but they do seem a little expensive considering all what they will be used for is football commentary. Has anyone seen other gadgets what do the same trick ? Also what time delay should we be getting, milliseconds or actual seconds ? it seems to vary to me...

Manic01
12th April, 2012, 01:55 PM
Diema can be 10 secs or more out at times.

Manic01
12th April, 2012, 01:56 PM
I know on twin tuner you can use 1 tuner for audio and other for pic.
The use pause live on radio to bring in to sync.

ITS A SCAM !
12th April, 2012, 01:58 PM
I thought it can be a lot, i have read that parts of america it can be 15 seconds or more......... I wonder if there is something like a vellmans kit available so i can make one.

belfastdaren
12th April, 2012, 02:34 PM
i bought a dab radio yesterday with a pause thing on it , but it kept going outa sinc and back in when commentators went on a discussion as it didnt do what i wanted i guess it was rubbish :)

ITS A SCAM !
12th April, 2012, 04:29 PM
Can you tell us what make and model this radio is ? and basically is it rubbish or not ?

belfastdaren
12th April, 2012, 04:44 PM
pure one classic dab was the radio from tesco ?51 pounds and as it didnt do what i wanted it was rubbish hope this helps

ITS A SCAM !
12th April, 2012, 05:57 PM
So that one is off the list then..... I wonder how good the Roberts radios are ? I may go and ask for a demo. Anyone got a Roberts on here ? How do they perform ?

belfastdaren
12th April, 2012, 06:31 PM
its not the radio it was the program its which commentators talk not only about the match in progress and the analyze decisions etc thats what i found

ITS A SCAM !
12th April, 2012, 09:56 PM
ahh right..so the radio is fine ? do you think it is worth its money ?

belfastdaren
12th April, 2012, 10:15 PM
the radio i mentioned only had one speaker , but for the delaying of football commentary it defo wasnt worth the money so i took it back for a refund

13th April, 2012, 08:33 AM
Guy's reading your efforts on this, it seems it's probably not worth it, but I will give it a go anyway, because it won't cost anything. I know you can download programs that will delay audio, but I think it's not that simple. I am trying to do this with vlc, but obviously you will need two boxes to do this. So you watch the game in HD on one box, then stream the radio station from the other box, hit record (vlc) just before kick off, then mute the stream. Then go to wherever the recording is on your pc, open it with vlc, drag the stream into sync with the game, connect it to your sound system. Seems a good idea and I am going to give it a go tomorrow with a game that don't matter to me.

Or has anybody already tried this, and found it isn't worth it?

Cheers 003

samsheene
13th April, 2012, 09:05 AM
been there lads read my old posts it's not rocket science
samsheene

13th April, 2012, 11:27 AM
been there lads read my old posts it's not rocket science
samsheene

Easy lad! Maybe not everyone is as clever as you.
Rocket science!!!

ITS A SCAM !
13th April, 2012, 10:46 PM
I have been doing some surfing and found that there are a few radios available that support audio delay. If you are willing to import from either America or Spain, you can get a dedicated unit all geared up for delaying the audio... There are even small boxes available with remote controls all geared up for audio delay, up to 30 minutes can be set up !! I wonder if they are any good though ??

belfastdaren
14th April, 2012, 10:03 AM
the audio delay bit is easy with a radio its finding a radio program that wont wander of topic during the match i found

ITS A SCAM !
14th April, 2012, 10:06 AM
i was not aware of this problem, and not read it elsewhere... Was this true with all radio stations, or did you just try one ?

belfastdaren
14th April, 2012, 10:09 AM
radio 5 live ,talk sport is the 2 i checked during live football

ITS A SCAM !
14th April, 2012, 10:17 AM
Thanks for that info mate...

belfastdaren
14th April, 2012, 10:24 AM
if u get a radio outa tesco etc u can try it then take it back if it dosent suit your needs

ITS A SCAM !
14th April, 2012, 10:33 AM
yeah... i am going shopping at Tesco today, i may have a look and ask for a demo..see how much they know...lmao

ITS A SCAM !
14th April, 2012, 12:59 PM
Well i went into my local Tesco in Hanley today, looked to see what DAB radios they had, i noticed a Pure radio with pause/rewind etc on it. Eager to find out more about this item i went to the helpdesk for assistance. After waiting for a few minutes i was asked if i needed any help, i said that i was interested in what DAB radios they had with pause facility on them, the assistant looked clueless and went straight over to his superior who also looked stumped. I was then told they DO NOT sell radios with this feature ! Feeling somewhat annoyed by their poor response i then asked about DAB radios with rewind facility, they replied NONE of our radios have a HDD fitted ! I replied that they DO have at least one on display, and said because of their lack of knowledge i shall get one from somewhere who can at least show me how one works. I was all ready to test it with my slingplayer mobile app running, and really wanted to see if i could get the audio into sync.. What a buch of brain dead staff they have...... Ahh well....Next stop Currys !

14th April, 2012, 03:30 PM
Just a update on the vlc trial. you can sync it fine, but as belfastdaren say's the radio commentary aint as good as tv commentary. But if you have it connected to your sound system on low, it's better than no commentary.
At least the vlc option is not going to cost you anything, also setting it up and running in sync is quick and easy.

Have fun 003