PDA

View Full Version : Vix will not connect via Network

systemseiko
13th April, 2012, 12:40 AM
I am trying to do an update via network to latest Vix image, everytime i try and connect via box i keep getting error that my box is not connected to network. My network is working fine and i can connect remotely to box and download CrossEPG fine but Vix somehow will not connect to web?

cactikid
13th April, 2012, 12:57 AM
images are usually done by usb stick but the new kernal needs putting on first.

RuberDuck
13th April, 2012, 09:44 PM
I am trying to do an update via network to latest Vix image, everytime i try and connect via box i keep getting error that my box is not connected to network. My network is working fine and i can connect remotely to box and download CrossEPG fine but Vix somehow will not connect to web?

exactly what kind of update ? if your using the 2.3-204 image there is currently no need to update as it's the latest public image, also if updates were available you would see a green icon flashing on the info bar when you press ok.

systemseiko
14th April, 2012, 02:29 AM
Sorry have now narrowed down the issue i should have been more specific in title.
I am having problems with network connection assigning IP through DHCP and name server, i cannot see the box's IP via Filezilla or Dreamedit, if i try and ping box via cmd ping 192.168.1.150 which was my original IP address i get time out, on my router i can't see Mac address?
When i do a network test the box fails on last 2 test options, IP and name server, but if i attempt to download plugins or EPG via network the box connects fine.
I have done all the usual things, replace cable, rebooting router, factory reset etc but still cannot get box to fully connect to network.
Has anyone seen this happen as it seems that something silly is going on?

digicon
14th April, 2012, 11:07 AM
You can get the IP address from the Network Adaptor settings option in the main menu, and for it to download plugins and EPG it must have a network connection.

RuberDuck
14th April, 2012, 11:41 AM
You can get the IP address from the Network Adaptor settings option in the main menu, and for it to download plugins and EPG it must have a network connection.

yes for plugins but not necessarily for the EPG as for example CrossEPG downloads it's data from the satellite feed it self not via the internet as the XMLTV providers do.

digicon
14th April, 2012, 11:53 AM
yes for plugins but not necessarily for the EPG as for example CrossEPG downloads it's data from the satellite feed it self not via the internet as the XMLTV providers do.

Only if CrossEPG is setup for Open TV if not it downloads via Rytec's servers if setup this way

RuberDuck
14th April, 2012, 12:42 PM
yes i am aware of that and my point still stands.

digicon
14th April, 2012, 01:14 PM
yes i am aware of that and my point still stands.

And so does mine without being so pedantic

systemseiko
15th April, 2012, 08:32 PM
Nobody any ideas then?