PDA

View Full Version : game cube games from sd card

ck-ok
13th April, 2012, 08:03 PM
here is a little guide for playing game cube games from a sd card. please read all the post before starting.
a clean 32gig sdhc class 10 for best results can be used formatted to fat32 with 64kb clusters . any problems use this Digital Kaos - Downloads - sd card formatter (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/wii/16/sd-card-formatter-1434/) .

download and extract this Digital Kaos - Downloads - dios-mios lite (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/wii/16/dios-mios-lite-2089/) to your pc and then copy and paste the contents of the "Put into SD card folder" onto your sd card.
download CleanRip - WiiBrew (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/CleanRip) and put the folder into your apps folder of sd card.

Place the sd card in your wii and switch on

Navigate to the HBC and load cleanrip

Put your GC game in the wii and rip the game to front sd card. (It usually takes about 10 minutes to rip a game)

when bone put sd card back to the PC.

copy and paste game iso or gcm file from sd card to the pc.

open the discEX folder and drag and drop your iso or gcm file onto the discEX.exe file this will convert you iso for use in dml.
the result of this will be a folder with a game title and some files inside copy and paste this folder into the games folder of your sd card.

put the sd card back into your console and boot your wii
load hb channel and load wad manager that came in the package
Install the wad file that is included in the pack (this will overwrite your CMIOS and so you will no longer be able to play backups via disc although you will still be able to play originals)
return back to hb channel and load neogamma

Press down on the wiimote to Load games and change the option to load GC Games via DML then press up and press A to search for games.

Select your game and press A

You must have a Wii game or GC game in the Wii or it will boot you back to the system menu!

this is not my own work but a rewrite credit must be given to those clever guys at wiihacks

tekk4life
24th April, 2012, 04:41 PM
my gc game is like 500mb ... could i place it into my sd card for my wii with all my wads and apps and shit like that ?
thanks... :p

ck-ok
24th April, 2012, 05:41 PM
my gc game is like 500mb ... could i place it into my sd card for my wii with all my wads and apps and shit like that ?
thanks... :p

yes you can use your exiisting sd card .just thought a clean sd card would be better for getting more games on it.

tekk4life
24th April, 2012, 07:52 PM
yes you can use your exiisting sd card .just thought a clean sd card would be better for getting more games on it.

Unwright
3rd May, 2012, 07:11 PM
Hey so, I tried doing all of the above with Melee, but when I got to Neogamma and tried loading it, the Disc Drive spun up (with nothing in the drive, obviously) and then Neogamma gave me a DISC ID error with a bunch of numbers.

I installed the wad and followed your guide to the letter. Any idea what's going on?

ck-ok
3rd May, 2012, 07:33 PM
Hey so, I tried doing all of the above with Melee, but when I got to Neogamma and tried loading it, the Disc Drive spun up (with nothing in the drive, obviously) and then Neogamma gave me a DISC ID error with a bunch of numbers.

I installed the wad and followed your guide to the letter. Any idea what's going on?

in neogamma did you select load from sd card?

Unwright
11th May, 2012, 07:38 PM
in neogamma did you select load from sd card?

No, I pressed "Load GC Games via DML" and then the above error happened. I just tried loading from SD/SDHC and it gave me a "No WBFS Partition Found" error.

The exact error I'm getting when attempting to load via DML is as follows (it appears for under a second and then disappears) (after it says "Writing Boot.bin")

DVD Err(01023a00), Disc ID

My disc drive hasn't worked in months. If it's relevant, the version of NeoGamma being used is the one linked earlier in the thread (R9 b56) and my current installed wad for 249 is "d2x56v7a5".

Edit: For a split second (under .25 seconds) it says "Reset drive" before displaying the DVD Err message.

ck-ok
11th May, 2012, 09:15 PM
No, I pressed "Load GC Games via DML" and then the above error happened. I just tried loading from SD/SDHC and it gave me a "No WBFS Partition Found" error.

The exact error I'm getting when attempting to load via DML is as follows (it appears for under a second and then disappears) (after it says "Writing Boot.bin")

DVD Err(01023a00), Disc ID

My disc drive hasn't worked in months. If it's relevant, the version of NeoGamma being used is the one linked earlier in the thread (R9 b56) and my current installed wad for 249 is "d2x56v7a5".

Edit: For a split second (under .25 seconds) it says "Reset drive" before displaying the DVD Err message.

sorry but iv'e just reread the tutorial and i made a typo you need a gamecube disc in the drive to act as a dummy when you launch game by dml.
because your disc drive is broke it may not work for you
try a cd lens cleaner to get the drive working again

darksoulsxx
23rd March, 2013, 08:31 PM
this is very useful