PDA

View Full Version : Duo will not record

stailked
15th April, 2012, 09:49 PM
Hi my problem is this, i have installed a 500gb hdd and initilised it with no problems but when i press record it crashes saying theirs not enough space as its recording to the duo and not the hdd. I have tried to change the paths in the menu but it still crashes. I can pause and carry on from the point i paused it. I am proper stuck. Using vix 2.3. Any help would be really appreciated, thanks.

RuberDuck
15th April, 2012, 10:01 PM
menu> setup> system> recording settings.

make sure the default movie location is set to /hdd/movie/ you should be able to change this with the left and right buttons if you cant then do a reboot and try again.

stailked
15th April, 2012, 10:21 PM
Hi thats how it is set but when i press record it crashes the log says its tried to save it to usr/enigma cant really see it properly. Oh thanks for your quick reply

Maxwell4321
16th April, 2012, 11:49 AM
Make sure the HDD is mounted menu>setup>vix>mount manager

sproson
16th April, 2012, 05:04 PM
how do you record on usb do i
menu> setup> system> recording settings.

make sure the default movie location is set to /hdd/movie but change it to usb ?

thanks

dell_xps
16th April, 2012, 05:18 PM
Yup should be something like that m8.
To the original poster is this a new hard drive or is it an old one out of a comp ?

stailked
16th April, 2012, 05:43 PM
Hi its an old hdd well not that old. When i press mount manager i press setup mounts whrre my hdd is press save and it then crashes some of the log says no space left on device etc/fstab.tmp

dell_xps
16th April, 2012, 05:58 PM
What I would do m8 is start from scratch, take out the hard drive, format it it in yer comp or external caddy, re install the latest Vix, then attach yer hard drive.
Its a ball breaker I know, but should take you an hour tops.
HTH

stailked
16th April, 2012, 06:06 PM
So am i ok to reset it to factory settings then go with vix or just reinstall the vix image. Thanks for your help

digicon
16th April, 2012, 06:39 PM
So am i ok to reset it to factory settings then go with vix or just reinstall the vix image. Thanks for your help

Go with the re-installing of Vix and then before you do anything initialise the Hard Drive from the settings and this will format it for you.

stailked
19th April, 2012, 12:51 PM
Thanks for all your help, i reinstalled vix and all is working now.