PDA

View Full Version : Cordless phone batteries

Chasloyal
16th April, 2012, 12:29 PM
Could someone please tell me if any rechargeable AAA's will do for my Philips VOIP841 Skype/Dect Phone or do I need to buy a specific type?

I've had this phone a good few years now and the batteries just don't hold any more than an hour of charge these days so desperately need to get some new ones but it would be handy to know exactly what will be a suitable like for like replacement.

krazylegz
16th April, 2012, 12:34 PM
As long as they fit in they should be ok as some phones have the batteries linked in one and a funny plug on end to plug into the phone

Chasloyal
16th April, 2012, 12:50 PM
I can't even find any rechargeables in that size round my flat now, looking at the ones that are in it they are Phillips multi life 750 nickel metal hydride, sorry to sound dense here but looking at battery sites there seem to be different types like NI-MH and NI-CD, will that make a difference do you know?

Meat-Head
16th April, 2012, 10:02 PM
1) Welcome to dk the worlds best website

2) Ni-Cad - nikal cadnium - not available anymore - banned by the eu
suffer with memory effect

3) Ni MH nikal meatal hydride - look for these

4) Sorry misunderstand what you mean. on shape

5) try poundland .com ?1 two batterys!

6) You MIGHT HAVE TO get a knife and remove the last 1 cm of the battery cover as phillips did this with another product - shave the last cm off away.

oh try ebay

Grizz
16th April, 2012, 10:40 PM
try and get ones with the highest mAh you can, they will prolly last longer.

daithi
16th April, 2012, 11:00 PM
sounds like your spending to much time on the phone to me lol

i use uniross batteries mate dont have them in aaa but the ones i do have work really well

super jumbe
16th April, 2012, 11:06 PM
I once had similar problem and I ended up going to Maplin shop, you will be surprised they got all kinds of batteries.

Worth a visit?.

:hello:

Meat-Head
17th April, 2012, 01:53 PM
I once had similar problem and I ended up going to Maplin shop, you will be surprised they got all kinds of batteries.

Worth a visit?.

:hello:

Sorry, mate, you will have to edit that post before i report it, for mis-leading information.

You need to say " Maplin shop, you will be surprised they got all kinds of SPUPID OVER PRICED BATTERIES
Worth WAITING A WEEK FOR SOMETHING TO ARRIVE OFF CHINA EBAY"

daithi
17th April, 2012, 02:07 PM
Sorry, mate, you will have to edit that post before i report it, for mis-leading information.

You need to say " Maplin shop, you will be surprised they got all kinds of SPUPID OVER PRICED BATTERIES
Worth WAITING A WEEK FOR SOMETHING TO ARRIVE OFF CHINA EBAY"

agreed
maplins are a rip off 4 AAA Uniross 1000mAh Rechargeable Batteries | eBay (http://www.ebay.ie/itm/4-AAA-Uniross-1000mAh-Rechargeable-Batteries-/261004973354?pt=UK_ConsumerElectronics_Batteries_S M&hash=item3cc51bd52a)