PDA

View Full Version : best tool to do EGR delete

shizznitch
16th April, 2012, 11:17 PM
Hello
I want to learn how to tune maps to cars and want to begin with my own mk5 golf tdi

what would be the best tool to start with? Galetto, KWP2000+?

and which software would be best to use and where do i start to read?

first services i want to try is EGR delete before i start to learn how to do power maps....

everyone has to start somewhere...any help is appreciated!

thank you

spawns3
16th April, 2012, 11:29 PM
Hello
I want to learn how to tune maps to cars and want to begin with my own mk5 golf tdi

what would be the best tool to start with? Galetto, KWP2000+?

and which software would be best to use and where do i start to read?

first services i want to try is EGR delete before i start to learn how to do power maps....

everyone has to start somewhere...any help is appreciated!

thank you

Try with galletto or Mpps , kwp don't work with edc16 ecus. Try to search some PDF about how the engine work first .For the soft search for WinOLS

shizznitch
16th April, 2012, 11:32 PM
Hello
thank you for reply
can you pm pass for file?
thanks

mysamed
17th April, 2012, 08:56 AM
Try with galletto or Mpps , kwp don't work with edc16 ecus. Try to search some PDF about how the engine work first .For the soft search for WinOLS

Here a guide for your ecu . only some basics.

:wink:

passworrd please thanks

shizznitch
17th April, 2012, 09:44 AM
so most suitable tool for VAG line of cars is galetto or MPPS?

and i will look into WinOLS software, but i think first i need to invest in a cheap laptop with windows xp!

anyone any other pointers?

spawns3
17th April, 2012, 10:06 AM
so most suitable tool for VAG line of cars is galetto or MPPS?

and i will look into WinOLS software, but i think first i need to invest in a cheap laptop with windows xp!

anyone any other pointers?

You can buy the 2 in some cases Galletto is better than MPPS and vice versa .

Cheers

shizznitch
17th April, 2012, 10:13 AM
i think for now i'll get both of them from a chinese supplier and see how it goes before investing in a proper setup

are there any ECU map editing programs which work on windows 7 32bit?

shizznitch
17th April, 2012, 11:09 AM
ok,
i have purchased both a galletto 1260 and a MPPS

so as i understand the process is read the ECU using the tool, store a 'GOOD' dump of the ECU just in case anything goes wrong

modify a copy of the dump to suit the needs, and flash this, then carry out diagnostics etc to ensure the car is not going to explode and make sure customer is happy?

bobolin4o
17th April, 2012, 11:21 AM
Generally, yes.
Good luck!

spawns3
17th April, 2012, 11:22 AM
ok,

so as i understand the process is read the ECU using the tool, store a 'GOOD' dump of the ECU just in case anything goes wrong

modify a copy of the dump to suit the needs, and flash this, then carry out diagnostics etc to ensure the car is not going to explode and make sure customer is happy?

customer happy? Think first to learn almost everything about chiptuning, and then the clients, or someone who helps you to make the files and you will learn from the differences between two files.

gedas8899
23rd April, 2012, 04:05 PM
hello can you sent pass
thanks

sunduk112
23rd April, 2012, 07:44 PM
passworrd please thanks

smokey08
23rd April, 2012, 08:23 PM
Here is same file for all without password. I cant stand threads full of posts asking for passwords. :banghead:

Stanton
23rd April, 2012, 08:34 PM
ok,

Yes, much the same way a Michelin Star restaurant just cooks some meat and vegetables to make the perfect meal.

synkrotronic
5th May, 2012, 08:05 AM
Hi
I am trying to learn too,but i think is not so easy,read and understand maps ( after doing the "easy" job to read dumps ),know what is a checksum, what must be changed,...I think is a very big book to read and learn.
I open a file and see at the begin one hundred and ..., possible maps.
What am i going to do with all that,...maybe nothing good.
Repair electronic systems is not the same to repair or modify maps,is a different road.
The help i need is if any member have any technicall information to lean about it?
Learn is good but a very hard job.

Thanks and Regards

spawns3
5th May, 2012, 08:51 PM
Hi
I am trying to learn too,but i think is not so easy,read and understand maps ( after doing the "easy" job to read dumps ),know what is a checksum, what must be changed,...I think is a very big book to read and learn.
I open a file and see at the begin one hundred and ..., possible maps.
What am i going to do with all that,...maybe nothing good.
Repair electronic systems is not the same to repair or modify maps,is a different road.
The help i need is if any member have any technicall information to lean about it?
Learn is good but a very hard job.

Thanks and Regards

Before start playing with maps , or something like that . U have to understand how the mechanical works and how the car sensors work.

You can goolgle to find some PDF's .Like combustion of diesel , ignition ... Etc.

You only be able to understand the maps when you understand all this .

synkrotronic
6th May, 2012, 07:14 PM
My job along this years is trying to detect faults,and repair it on cars electric system,including diesel and gasoline engines and his sensores,but never needed to convert the measurement signals in hex,2D or 3D files to repair it.A damage sensor is replaced by a new one and to have certain of a damage ecu need to confirm all engine electricall system before remove it for repair ( by hardware or software error).
On very maps i see for example,acelerator from 0 to 100 (%),(rpm) from 0 to 4500...5500,injeccion and ignition time (ms).
And don?t understand yet how all this values are seen in a map.

Thanks for your answer
Regards

spawns3
7th May, 2012, 10:38 AM
About how sensors work on the ecu , u have to study a lot of parameters , like PID , Lineresation , and a lot of switchs to enable some functions. U have to get damos for that ecus to understand how they program cert things .

Emcoma
8th May, 2012, 12:27 AM
Hi Synkrotronic.
First off all i think you need to understand how to work every part off a engine. Than you will need 2 programs ( winols and ECM2001 ) to start. winols identify the maps but the program will not tell you the names of the maps. But ecm show you some maps with the names and adress and you cant compare . A checksum correct the maps you change auto.