PDA

View Full Version : New Setup - Help Needed!

neldog
17th April, 2012, 01:35 PM
Hi Guys,

I have moved to Germany and require some help!

I am living in a city called Bielefeld if that helps anyone.

My current idea for setup includes:

1 x 80cm Satellite
1 x Technomate 5402
3 x LNB
1 x LNB Bracket
1 x LNB Leads

Does anybody see any problem with this setup?

I want to receive Astra 28.2, Astra 19.2 and Hotbird 13.

Is the Technomate 5402 good? Is it easily configurable? Can it record and stream 3D?

Is there different boxes in the same price range for better value for money?

How do I configure my receiver, when I buy one, to know that there are 3 LNB's on my satellite, or does it pick it up automatically?

Any help is appreciated! :hello:

Nutsandbolts
17th April, 2012, 02:23 PM
Hi. Why not buy a motor its cheaper than 3 LNB's and switches etc. If you still want 3 LNB's then you will need a 4 way Diseqc switch. Basically you connect your three 3 satellites LNB cables to the switch ports (labelled as 1 2 3 and 4 or A B C D). You then connect another cable straight to your receiver from the 5th port on the switch. You then have to set up your receiver to connect to the switch. I dont have your receiver but i have a TM5400 model and i tried this setup a couple of years ago and worked fine with a TM 4 way switch. I will give you further details later as i dont remember the menu options you need to take. Regards.

neldog
17th April, 2012, 02:27 PM
Hi. Why not buy a motor its cheaper than 3 LNB's and switches etc. If you still want 3 LNB's then you will need a 4 way Diseqc switch. Basically you connect your three 3 satellites LNB cables to the switch ports (labelled as 1 2 3 and 4 or A B C D). You then connect another cable straight to your receiver from the 5th port on the switch. You then have to set up your receiver to connect to the switch. I dont have your receiver but i have a TM5400 model and i tried this setup a couple of years ago and worked fine with a TM 4 way switch. I will give you further details later as i dont remember the menu options you need to take. Regards.

Hi Nutsandbolts, thanks for the fast reply!

I would prefer a motorised, like I have in the UK, but the problem is here in Germany I cannot find any motorised dishes anywhere, unless you know somewhere?

You can buy dishes and motors seperate, but I don't know which motors fit which satellites! :stupido2:

Is 80cm big enough to get what I need?

Cheers

ramjet
17th April, 2012, 02:39 PM
Hi Nutsandbolts, thanks for the fast reply!

I would prefer a motorised, like I have in the UK, but the problem is here in Germany I cannot find any motorised dishes anywhere, unless you know somewhere?

You can buy dishes and motors seperate, but I don't know which motors fit which satellites! :stupido2:

Is 80cm big enough to get what I need?

Cheers

80cm should be ok for 13e and 19e but you need to check the footprints of the 28e satellites to check dish sizes required for 28e in that location as some transponders are tightly beamed onto the uk

I do not think you can stream from a tm5402 as that function tends to be a feature of some linux boxes

the diseqc 4 way switch system will do the task unless you want to use a motor. almost any diseqc motor will do the job but ideally you want a darkmotor or the tm2600 motor which are both diseqc and can handle dishes of up to 1.1 metre

most boxes are now diseqc/usals only and so a diseqc motor is standard unless you go for a massive dish using a polar mount which you arent

unless you need the extra features of the tm5402 then a blade bm7000s may suffice and is easily configured

a linux box is always better but more complicated to setup but should allow streaming

neldog
17th April, 2012, 02:43 PM
80cm should be ok for 13e and 19e but you need to check the footprints of the 28e satellites to check dish sizes required for 28e in that location as some transponders are tightly beamed onto the uk

I do not think you can stream from a tm5402 as that function tends to be a feature of some linux boxes

the diseqc 4 way switch system will do the task unless you want to use a motor. almost any diseqc motor will do the job but ideally you want a darkmotor or the tm2600 motor which are both diseqc and can handle dishes of up to 1.1 metre

most boxes are now diseqc/usals only and so a diseqc motor is standard unless you go for a massive dish using a polar mount which you arent

unless you need the extra features of the tm5402 then a blade bm7000s may suffice and is easily configured

a linux box is always better but more complicated to setup but should allow streaming

Hi ramjet,

What do you mean when you say cannot stream from a TM 5402?

My location is bielefeld, germany if I can check somewhere the footprints (sorry newb here!)

I would like to go the satellite route but need more information on how I actually set it up on the box.

I have a person that can allign and install the satellites but no idea how to configure a TM to store Sat positions!

Cheers
neldog

ramjet
17th April, 2012, 02:51 PM
Hi ramjet,

What do you mean when you say cannot stream from a TM 5402?

My location is bielefeld, germany if I can check somewhere the footprints (sorry newb here!)

I would like to go the satellite route but need more information on how I actually set it up on the box.

I have a person that can allign and install the satellites but no idea how to configure a TM to store Sat positions!

Cheers
neldog

you asked about streaming in your opening post , and I said I do not think it can be done on this box (I do not own the box but do have a blade which is very similar)

so you asked if it can stream and I said I do not think it can stream - simple as that

there is a techomate section here on DK where you can get more info on technomates , dont assume everyone on here has one as there are hundreds of boxes available, but the techno has its own dedicated section which is where you should ba asking the specific questions about the box , like configuring the satellites and switch settings etc

general sat chat is for general questions and answers, not actual specifics covered in dedicated sections like dreambox or technomate etc

use lyngsat or kingofsat to check sats and footprints etc

neldog
17th April, 2012, 02:53 PM
ah ok sorry about that confusion!

by streaming I meant playing, but it should have no problems playing HD channels right?

what are footprints? where can I check these?

ramjet
17th April, 2012, 02:57 PM
ah ok sorry about that confusion!

by streaming I meant playing, but it should have no problems playing HD channels right?

what are footprints? where can I check these?

your words are very confusing here

streaming and playing refer to sending files or content to or from the box

streaming is where its sent to another pc or another location away from the box , usually over the lan

playing would usually refer to playing an mp3 file or a divx or mkv file from usb stick or a hdd etc

I think what you are talking about is connecting a hdmi lead to a tv and viewing the content on the tv - ie:- VIEWING , not streaming and not playing either

hope I am right

in which case yes it will show HD channels as well as SD channels on a hd equipped tv , usually using a hdmi lead

check my last answer for websites to check footprints

neldog
17th April, 2012, 03:04 PM
you are right! I want to view not stream!

will post back with footprints etc

neldog
17th April, 2012, 03:18 PM
Hi, sorry but been on lyngsat and kingofsat but both are bad on the eyes and I can't find anything to get footprints etc, I have however been on another website, satpointer.com which returns the following for 28.2 from my current location:

Satellite Dish Setup

Skew of LNB: -14.7?
Dish | Elevation: 27.7?
Azimuth | True: 155.61?
Azimuth | Magnetic: 154.15?
Location on map
Latitude: 52.0213?
Longitude: 8.5303?
Satellite Info
Name: 28.2E Astra 2A + 2B + 2D
Distance: 38817.89 Km

neldog
17th April, 2012, 03:26 PM
Satellite Name / Direction: Satellite Beam Est' Dish Size(cm)

28.2E Astra 2A + 2B + 2D N/A
AST02ANO Out of zone / Unknown
AST02ASO Out of zone / Unknown
AST02BNO Out of zone / Unknown
AST02BSO Out of zone / Unknown
AST02CKU Out of zone / Unknown
AST02DKB Out of zone / Unknown
EUB001KF Out of zone / Unknown
EUB001S1 Out of zone / Unknown
EUB001S2 Out of zone / Unknown
AST02ANO 52 50
AST02ASO 52 50
AST02BNO 52 50
AST02BSO 52 50
AST02CKU 53 50
AST02DKB 52 50
EUB001KF 54 45
EUB001S1 49 60
EUB001S2 38 150
EUB001S1 38 150

ramjet
17th April, 2012, 04:14 PM
here is an example coverage map for astra 2d , just use google to search for others if unsure

Astra 2D reception Maps (http://www.astra2d.com/maps.html)

also check using dishpointer website too

neldog
17th April, 2012, 04:55 PM
OK, have figured out that 80cm is more than feasible for my location to get 28.2..

Now it's down to which satellite!

What is the difference in these 2, except price;

SAT-Spiegel Smart 80cm Stahl Grau | voelkner - direkt g?nstiger (http://www.voelkner.de/products/174772/SAT-Spiegel-Smart-80cm-Stahl-Grau.html)

SAT-Spiegel 80cm Alu Anthrazit, SCHWAIGER | voelkner - direkt g?nstiger (http://www.voelkner.de/products/176602/SAT-Spiegel-80cm-Alu-Anthrazit.html)

neldog
17th April, 2012, 05:16 PM
If anyone could also let me know if this is an LNB multiswitch?

Thanks

dick b
18th April, 2012, 11:16 AM
dont know either of those 2 brands but I"d go for the ally one,
I use a gibertini 85cm in the uk with 4 lnbs mounted on a gibertini multi lnb bracket these feed a 4 way Diseqc switch.
you do not want a multiswitch.you need a diseqc switch.

If you are setting this up youself a motorised system will be easier.

Nutsandbolts
18th April, 2012, 12:04 PM
Hi. i dont understand German but by the looks of thing one dish is aluminium and one probably mesh. It dont matter which one you go for because they will do the same job, i personally prefer the aluminium type. If you can try and get a 1m dish as this will give you more satellites. Your priority is to get the dish and motor set up and then look for the satellites. A good advice for you is to see if your neighbours have a dish already installed and which way it is pointing at. This will tell you which way to point your dish. Once you have your dish setup then you can start to look for the satellites. Remember once you find one satellite the others should be found easily. I prefer to use USALS as this will take you close to the satellites and then it will be just a case of fine tuning the dish. Let us know if you need further help. Regards.

Manic01
18th April, 2012, 12:55 PM
Dishpointer.com will help.