PDA

View Full Version : HUGE VIRUS COMING!!!

alunfennell
21st January, 2009, 01:45 AM
Hi Guys...

This has been released on a lot of websites over the past few days

Norton Anti-Virus are gearing up for this virus!

Get this E-mail message sent around to your contacts ASAP.
PLEASE FORWARD THIS WARNING AMONG FRIENDS, FAMILY AND CONTACTS!
You should be alert during the next few days. Do not open any message with an attachment entitled 'POSTCARD FROM HALLMARK,' regardless of who sent it to you. It is a virus which opens A POSTCARD IMAGE, which 'burns' the whole hard disc C of your computer.
This virus will be received from someone who has your e-mail address in his/her contact list. This is the reason why you need to send this e-mail to all your contacts It is better to receive
this message 25 times than to receive the virus and open it.

If you receive a mail called' POSTCARD,' even though sent to you by a friend, do not open it! Shut down your computer immediately.
This is the worst virus announced by CNN. It has been classified by Microsoft as the most destructive virus ever. This virus was discovered by McAfee yesterday, and there is no repair yet for this kind of virus. This virus simply destroys the Zero Sector of the Hard Disc, where the vital information is kept.
COPY THIS E-MAIL, AND SEND IT TO YOUR FRIENDS. REMEMBER: IF YOU SEND IT
TO THEM, YOU WILL BENEFIT ALL OF US.

Regards:
Alun

C64
21st January, 2009, 02:12 AM
Pile of shit.

SPAM.

Devilfish
21st January, 2009, 02:56 AM
Postcard Image Virus Hoax (http://www.hoax-slayer.com/postcard-virus-hoax.shtml)

alunfennell
21st January, 2009, 03:40 AM
Thanks Guys,

I wish now i didnt bother posting it, just I can across it twice today, first time I just ignored it but on the second occasion I actually checked my Anti-Virus to see if it was up to date. sorry for the False alarm.

Regards:
Alun

gmb45
21st January, 2009, 07:08 AM
Hi Guys...

This has been released on a lot of websites over the past few days

Norton Anti-Virus are gearing up for this virus!

Get this E-mail message sent around to your contacts ASAP.
PLEASE FORWARD THIS WARNING AMONG FRIENDS, FAMILY AND CONTACTS!
You should be alert during the next few days. Do not open any message with an attachment entitled 'POSTCARD FROM HALLMARK,' regardless of who sent it to you. It is a virus which opens A POSTCARD IMAGE, which 'burns' the whole hard disc C of your computer.
This virus will be received from someone who has your e-mail address in his/her contact list. This is the reason why you need to send this e-mail to all your contacts It is better to receive
this message 25 times than to receive the virus and open it.

If you receive a mail called' POSTCARD,' even though sent to you by a friend, do not open it! Shut down your computer immediately.
This is the worst virus announced by CNN. It has been classified by Microsoft as the most destructive virus ever. This virus was discovered by McAfee yesterday, and there is no repair yet for this kind of virus. This virus simply destroys the Zero Sector of the Hard Disc, where the vital information is kept.
COPY THIS E-MAIL, AND SEND IT TO YOUR FRIENDS. REMEMBER: IF YOU SEND IT
TO THEM, YOU WILL BENEFIT ALL OF US.

Regards:
Alunwhere all doomed-not

DavC
21st January, 2009, 01:12 PM
there is a lot in the news at the moment about viruses
(eg: BBC NEWS | Technology | Clock ticking on worm attack code (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7832652.stm) ) and there's been a bit of problem at our work too.

but emailing a spam message to everyone can only possibly make things worse! the email could contain affected attachments, and even if it doesnt it still means your address is part of a nice long list that can be added to the lists spammers use.

cheers for tryin to do the right thing though ;)

Bobiskey
21st January, 2009, 01:38 PM
Worst one ever.

Greetings,

You have just received the "IRISH VIRUS".
As we don't have any programming experience, this Virus works on the honour system.
Please delete all the files on your hard drive manually and forward this Virus to everyone on your mailing list.

That'd be Grand.

Tanx
Paddy O'Hacker

Still makes me smile :)

patentasre
8th February, 2009, 10:22 PM
thank you very much for this usefull info.i'll send it at more contacts i have.

C64
8th February, 2009, 10:34 PM
thank you very much for this usefull info.i'll send it at more contacts i have.

So you didn't actually read the thread? lol

cactikid
8th February, 2009, 11:51 PM
most virus hit pcs with no protection at all and no update service packs,even downloading avg 8 is free and gives u protection and updates every day.so if u do not use any protection virus or spyware u deserve what u get,and yes i know u can still click a link and let it in,so regular scans needed.

caveman_nige
9th February, 2009, 12:03 AM
this thread relates to a spam that was to create a 'chain letter' effect and slow down the net and email servers etc... It is generally passed on by people who think they are doing well but have no tech savvy. Alun is defo tech savvy though, so this was a blip on his immaculate record :rofl:

Witchy's post refers to the post above his from a guy who was spamming with shite posts/answers to threads having not read them etc in order to get at the download section...