PDA

View Full Version : newest/best image for dm500

fotsirk69
17th April, 2012, 07:01 PM
hi guys,
i'm looking for newest/best image, most stable, fuly patched and ready to go on dm500.
i've got cline from provider and know where to past it but apart from this i dont know anything about images that is why i'm looking for image ready to use on my dm500.
i would realy apreciate if you can help or even upload one.
thx:hello:

barrowmanandrew
18th April, 2012, 12:43 AM
best image is a matter of opinion,
so im my opinion, the best image for a dm500 is the new commando image.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f214/commando_v14_5-dm500s-neutrino-release-260519/

Bann32
18th April, 2012, 03:22 AM
Like barrowside its down to opinion.

I come across this one the other day and I quite like it -

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/images/2/marwensat-2-4-maxvar-dm500s_08042012-2091/

Best advice is get one working, back it up then try a couple of the others out see which suits you best.

iggy
18th April, 2012, 09:41 AM
best image is a matter of opinion,
so im my opinion, the best image for a dm500 is the new commando image.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f214/commando_v14_5-dm500s-neutrino-release-260519/

Will this work on Dreambox 500s clone?
I got a 500s as a gift so I'm only used to the DM800's.
Does this come with cccam integrated?
I need to put image on by using a cable is that right?
Can it be done by browser?
Also are bouquets installed the same way as a DM800?
Thanks

barrowmanandrew
18th April, 2012, 10:12 AM
Will this work on Dreambox 500s clone?
I got a 500s as a gift so I'm only used to the DM800's.
Does this come with cccam integrated?
I need to put image on by using a cable is that right?
Can it be done by browser?
Also are bouquets installed the same way as a DM800?
Thanks

Will this work on Dreambox 500s clone?--yes
Does this come with cccam integrated?--- no you have to manual instal. (real simple though );)

I need to put image on by using a cable is that right? --i flahshed with null modem cable, but i belive it can be done with telnet commands. (a bit over my head.. lol) once the commando image is on though if you press menu service, there is an option for image backup/upgrade. you can use this feature to backup your old image, also if you ftp an image into your temp folder, the box will flash from it.

Can it be done by browser? ---don't know lol
Also are bouquets installed the same way as a DM800?-----bouquets are preinstalled

worth having a look, if you dont like it, just use the backup/upgrade image fuction to flash summit else.. :)

iggy
18th April, 2012, 12:47 PM
Will this work on Dreambox 500s clone?--yes
Does this come with cccam integrated?--- no you have to manual instal. (real simple though );)

I need to put image on by using a cable is that right? --i flahshed with null modem cable, but i belive it can be done with telnet commands. (a bit over my head.. lol) once the commando image is on though if you press menu service, there is an option for image backup/upgrade. you can use this feature to backup your old image, also if you ftp an image into your temp folder, the box will flash from it.

Can it be done by browser? ---don't know lol
Also are bouquets installed the same way as a DM800?-----bouquets are preinstalled

worth having a look, if you dont like it, just use the backup/upgrade image fuction to flash summit else.. :)

Thanks for the info.
I'll try it later.
How do I put the cccam on as I'm only used to putting it on via tspanel on DM800.
Is it cccam 2.2.1 I use?

barrowmanandrew
18th April, 2012, 12:58 PM
use DCC dreambox control centre to FTP it over.

CCcam file goes in var/bin/emu

CCcam.config file goes in var/etc

to find the ccam controls.

1: press blue button (features menu)
2: press arrow up , highlight "extra's menu" and press select.

you will the ccam options

freck
18th April, 2012, 03:13 PM
Like barrowside its down to opinion.

I come across this one the other day and I quite like it -

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/images/2/marwensat-2-4-maxvar-dm500s_08042012-2091/

Best advice is get one working, back it up then try a couple of the others out see which suits you best.
Thats a nice image with everything youll need,Commando is a great image aswell and come across from the good oul cable dayz.
similiar menus for those who enjoyed the Dbox2 days:goodpost:
But as Barrowman says....its all down to what you prefer and find easiest to use.
Freck

iggy
18th April, 2012, 09:50 PM
I have the commando image downloaded.
Do I use dreamup via null modem cable( I have a cable from an old starview cable receiver- is this a null modem cable?)

Also would cccam 2.1.14 do for this image?

Thanks and sorry for q's but am only used to DM 800's

barrowmanandrew
18th April, 2012, 10:52 PM
yes , just connect the box up and see if it connects.

then you will know if you have the right cable..

jd2009
21st April, 2012, 01:07 AM
Try jade 3

dkny78
13th June, 2012, 10:47 AM
Which image is best for dm500C, and where to find frec in norway?

greeksat
17th July, 2012, 03:48 PM
Does anyone use newcam these days?

freck
17th July, 2012, 04:03 PM
yeah its still being used by peeps....oldskool!!
Freck:ridinghorse:

Goy Thailand
1st September, 2012, 05:33 PM
I have dream box dm500s, can commando work? What else that I need to install into 500s. I just factory re-set by accident. thnaks.

joetwizzy
10th September, 2012, 11:54 AM
commando is quite nice. Baring some buttons don't correlate with the remote. And iDreamX doesn't work with it.

ollie2012uk
22nd September, 2012, 06:11 PM
How do you get the 500 to come off astra 28.2? i wanted to download the 13e bouquets

amitoketo
29th September, 2012, 05:31 PM
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f215/how-guide-flashing-dreambox-dm500s-dm600-less-than-2-mins-224293/

See the post above about how to flash the box quickly.. Seems to work and so much easier!!

dave11674
15th December, 2012, 12:22 PM
can some1 tell me why commando goes into an EPG settings download
and loops and loops
my netowrk is not setup
and while im trying to setup
it goes in this loop
and reboots and loops again
its driving me crazy

i removed my ehternet cable and still it does
it
grrrrrrrrrr
driving me nuts

any ideas anyone ?
can i turn that junk off ???

dave

psats
16th December, 2012, 10:36 AM
and loops and loops
my netowrk is not setup
it goes in this loop
its driving me crazy

it
grrrrrrrrrr
driving me nuts

any ideas anyone ?

dave
do a fresh flash.
read the 14.6 thread there has been a fix posted for epg problem

donpee
30th January, 2013, 12:17 PM
universal dreamup v1.3.3.4 doesnt detect my 500s clone from china...i need to flash image...

psats
30th January, 2013, 04:28 PM
universal dreamup v1.3.3.4 doesnt detect my 500s clone from china...i need to flash image...

search for earlier version.

PaphosAL
30th January, 2013, 06:22 PM
and loops and loops
my netowrk is not setup
it goes in this loop
its driving me crazy

it
grrrrrrrrrr
driving me nuts

any ideas anyone ?

dave

Jeez- that sounds like Commando 14.4 or 14.5 FCS! C14.6 doesn't do that, and nor does the LATEST C14.7 (released on here last Sunday) have that boot EPG Load option enabled either!

Isn't it time you played catchup? Cheers- AL :)

Nass92i
15th February, 2013, 07:46 PM
Any reply .. I've also factory reset my dm :/

babybill
15th February, 2013, 08:32 PM
How do you get the 500 to come off astra 28.2? i wanted to download the 13e bouquets

Same problem here, everytime I move my motor to 13e and try scan, it moves my dish back again... anyone know how to fix this?

terayon00
21st February, 2013, 12:15 PM
Sorry to hijack the thread

Where can I find the Pli Jade image for DM500s clone

All links I find are dead

PaphosAL
21st February, 2013, 08:00 PM
commando is quite nice. Baring some buttons don't correlate with the remote. And iDreamX doesn't work with it.

Buttons are swappleable in 'keybindings' menu, and all explained in the Hints and Tips Helpfile provided (one of eight such docs in C14.7), if anyone cares to read it, but no f***er ever seems to...

So what's iDreamX when it's at home, then?

I might also add for the other seekers of help in this thread that C14.7 has had full usals / Diseqc support working extremely well through a number of successive releases now. And there's a helpfile based on LraiZer input on how best to set that up. And he has a fixed dish, ffs!

Cheers- AL :banghead:

satjohn1
24th February, 2013, 05:03 PM
Hi,is there any image files that have cc cam and all the components needed in 1 file .
thanks satjohn(linux newbie)

SatSearching
24th February, 2013, 11:56 PM
Same problem here, everytime I move my motor to 13e and try scan, it moves my dish back again... anyone know how to fix this?

When you select another satellite to scan, select SAVE, then do a scan.

SS

mdt
25th February, 2013, 03:03 AM
Hi,is there any image files that have cc cam and all the components needed in 1 file .
thanks satjohn(linux newbie)

look in the downloads section for a G.P.4.2 image posted by me for the dm500s... it has C**am 2.2.1 built in with other helpfull plugins aswell. its considered polite to say hi in the intro section before asking for help/files.. have a quick read of the forum rules aswell m8 and welcome to DK regards mdt

damiensk
28th April, 2013, 01:24 PM
going to try this image on a dm 500, ive got pli jade 3 running at the mo, its ok, but not happy with the lack of epg, so hopefully this commando image will combat ( no pun inteded) this:hahaha: