PDA

View Full Version : Freightliner J-1939 Diagnostics

Schoolbus Tech
18th April, 2012, 03:21 AM
This is for C2 school buses and M2 chassis. Been in class this week and they are stressing on connections and Checking the backbone J-1939 .
This should help a bit . I will post more looks like you can't upload Rar files any more . No password just a PDF file .Hope it helps someone

ddmech
23rd April, 2012, 01:27 AM
Ive been looking for all the onfo I can get on j1939.Every little bit helps.Thanks brother.

Schoolbus Tech
23rd April, 2012, 03:01 AM
Yeah so was I glad I got that class . It makes it so easy .

Shaggy76
2nd September, 2013, 05:56 PM
This protocol and the new one will be really important to understand and troubleshoot. Especially now that all HD trucks here in the US will now have OBD, 2534, and J1939 on them.

Schoolbus Tech
29th September, 2013, 12:04 PM
One thing to keep in mind be able to think outside the box . Where I live we get a lot of rain Been having j1939 not communicating as our vehicles get in to flooded areas water can go everywhere I have had 3 vehicles with different areas of the electronics not working and j1939 not communicating there was water in the chassis mod plugs . they had dielectric grease in them . You don't need a lot of that but if flood waters are submerging the plugs don't matter . We have had right from the factory over 1/4 cup of dielectric grease in them what happens when they get hot from the road of the summer heat it will push the terminals out .