PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Duo Clone from DM500

stingray13
18th April, 2012, 12:49 PM
Ok i currently have a dm500 and want to move over to a recordable format and quite fancy a VU+ Duo Clone

1. Now how different from the DM500 are they to setup, i.e software, cams, and EPG (Which is a must)
2. Best UK Supplier for VU+ Duo Clones that are in stock in the UK with a UK Warrenty? - I had a look at aspley but there out of stock
3. EPG which one to use and how advanced is it
4. I plan on using a Samsung Esata harddrive with it can i install pic icons and stuff on this?
5. Bouqets (can i still use SGT Flipflops and how easy to update)

Sorry for all the questions but i like as much info as possible before i make the jump

Thanks
Stingray

psats
18th April, 2012, 01:55 PM
There is plenty of info if you read some of the threads.

damiensk
18th April, 2012, 06:34 PM
you can do all what you said, i have just moved from the 800dm to the vu+, ( have got a thread going at the moment)and it is loads better than my 800.
i have all what you asking now installed on my vu+.
the only thing i cant help you with is a recomendation.
i was fortunate enough to buy off someone on the forum,
and as psats says, there loads of info on here.

jamie-warez
17th May, 2012, 01:36 AM
I wouldent go for any of the vu+ clones vu+ team are Killing any known clone boxes and you will not be able to install latest firmware.......
A company called asp*eysatellite
has just been raided by customs for selling Imported CE models of the vu+ range.
By knowingly buying a cloned box you are supporting the Crime. :mad:
I think It should be a crime to knowingly buy a clone box as you know Its Illegal Clone Box!
Its Bad for the sat Sceen
Just buy the original then you wont have any problems with the cheap Hardware that Clone CE imports Have!:top:

gsmtech
17th May, 2012, 08:29 PM
I wouldent go for any of the vu+ clones vu+ team are Killing any known clone boxes and you will not be able to install latest firmware.......
has just been raided by customs for selling Imported CE models of the vu+ range.
I think It should be a crime to knowingly buy a clone box as you know Its Illegal Clone Box!
Just buy the original then you wont have any problems with the cheap Hardware that Clone CE imports Have!:top:

Last I heard all latest images are working after the bootoader patch was relased for clones.
Agreed this can change at any given time if VU decide to release further anti-clone measures in newer drivers or bootloaders to be used with new images. Nothing major though...clone teams will create patches it's in their interest if they want to sell clones to makle sure they keep patches up to date.
Do you want o provide the proof that CE have cheap hardware ?? provide all component details that are worse quality than originals ?
It's also bad for the sat scene for end users to pay ridiculous inflated prices for hardware... Clones keep competetion healthy they have their place in the market.

benny/9
17th May, 2012, 09:00 PM
this is two threads you have the same post it's here as well in post 14
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f193/where-buy-vu-duo-271181/
i have a genuine vu but i cant find a fault with the clone boxes
and if members want them i say good luck enjoy the box