PDA

View Full Version : Help with Gand Vitara HDI 2.0 110cv DTC p0243

leandroks
18th April, 2012, 11:52 PM
Hi there i would apreciate any help with Grand vitara 2002 HDI 2.0 110cv (same as 307 or picasso HDI 2.0), i have tryied everything possible and the fault P0243 keep coming back, and car losing power, limiting the rev on 3000rpm, i checked the solenoids and turbine but no success so far.
I am looking forward some one has had and solved similar fault..

Thanks a lot..

ominimicu
19th April, 2012, 01:22 AM
it is turbo pressure related, you have too much pressure or too low.

Usually the turbo geometry vanes are stuck, you have to remove the turbo and clean it. your car will notice the change

First. when yous tart the car and until the error shows up together with limp mode, does the car have good power? floor it and tell me if the turbo kicks in good

leandroks
19th April, 2012, 03:51 AM
Thanks M8.
The car starts ok and the turbo kicks fair enough. Not as good as it should but just ok. In idlel rev the map reading is 95kp when the turbo kicks it reaches 178kp. i ve to drive like 10miles before it get limp and limited in 3000rpm.

ominimicu
19th April, 2012, 10:49 AM
hmm..then i don tthink it s the turbo, Check all vacuum hoses that go from turbo to the control valve. also clean the control valve.

NASTASE
19th April, 2012, 01:21 PM
hmm..then i don tthink it s the turbo, Check all vacuum hoses that go from turbo to the control valve. also clean the control valve.

Very goog advice,but also check solenoid( prove the following)

leandroks
19th April, 2012, 02:06 PM
Thanks i ve checked all the hoses and swapped the solenoids, i ve heard that some grand vitaras models is necessary to install a trimpot on the MAP wiring to simulate a bit more pressure on the turbo?s line.