PDA

View Full Version : How does it compare to a sly HD box?

Gazidoc
19th April, 2012, 02:46 PM
I've just bought an openbox & I'm so pleased with it that I want to buy another receiver! The specs for the vu+ duo seem excellent but if I want to replace my sly HD box I really need to know how smoothly it functions - channel changes, recording, time shifting etc.. You have to admit the sly receiver is very proficient and I'm concerned that the vu+ can be used by non 'satellite geeks'!

RuberDuck
19th April, 2012, 03:09 PM
I've just bought an openbox & I'm so pleased with it that I want to buy another receiver! The specs for the vu+ duo seem excellent but if I want to replace my sly HD box I really need to know how smoothly it functions - channel changes, recording, time shifting etc.. You have to admit the sly receiver is very proficient and I'm concerned that the vu+ can be used by non 'satellite geeks'!

as far as i'm concerned the Vu is quite simply the best receiver for your money although it does require some user interaction to setup and maintain. i would say however that if your after the SKY experience stick with your SKY box.

Gazidoc
19th April, 2012, 03:25 PM
Thanks for taking the time to reply.
I'm more than happy to set up and maintain the box and I have no great wish to continue with the 'sky experience'. I've enjoyed tinkering with satellite receivers for at least 15 years. That wasn't my point. I just want to know if, eg., my mother comes to visit, she will find it as easy to navigate the channels as pre-vu+.

Shamonee
19th April, 2012, 04:05 PM
can anyone's mother actually use a remote control safely??

dell_xps
19th April, 2012, 04:58 PM
Yes my folks use a Vu+ Duo, and there are late 60's :-)

potrobber
19th April, 2012, 06:08 PM
i also recommend the duo for ease of use once set up i have a few boxs with the over 60s and never a phone call from any so they are having no trouble with them

and also my missis use it with out and bother and thats saying alot lol

you wont go wrong with duo

Gazidoc
19th April, 2012, 07:54 PM
Sounds good. thanks, all.
Marked down for purchase next month... unless something cleverer comes up :laugh:

tttf
24th April, 2012, 12:03 PM
Gone from Openbox s11 to a vu duo

One word

IMMENSE

You WONT need openbox ever again...