PDA

View Full Version : Bouquet/channel list help

septicsmurf
20th April, 2012, 05:12 PM
Hi all
So I bought a Vu+ Duo a couple of weeks ago.
I played around with some channel lists and settled with catseyes.
I did loads of editing on dreambox edit and got it how I like it, loaded it to my stb, and the next day a new list was released.
Is there any way of just updating the bits that have changed so I don't have to do all that editing again?
Can I do it via the stb, if so how?
Or can it auto update?
I really don't want to spend all that time editing the latest release.
I have a motorised system, am I right in thinking that the Vu+ only has a 10 000 channel memory?
There are loads more channels on the motorised catseye bouquet so loads of editing is required?

Thanks for your help

damiensk
20th April, 2012, 07:18 PM
yeah, you can do it via the stb, or you can load it back on to your pc, and edit that way via dbe, sticking in the sat xml file, and then resend back to box, all you would have to do then is fill in the changed channels.
you defo dont want to start again, its a ball breaker!!!!!
not sure if this is the best way, its just my way.

septicsmurf
20th April, 2012, 07:35 PM
Thx Damien, but you lost me completely.
Once I have put my edited bouquet on the stb how do I update just the channels that need updating?
Also how do I just load the sat xml file and fill in the changed channels? How do I know which channels have changed?
Sorry if I sound daft, but I am.
thx

septicsmurf
21st April, 2012, 02:54 PM
How do I update or change the sat xml file? Anyone abe to help me?

Right, so after doing a bit of reading I believe I have to update the satallite xml file.

I have edited a catseye bouquet and am using that on my stb. If I download the latest catseye bouquet, open the folder and repalce the xml file in the old one with the new one.
Can I then send it to my stb, hopefully keeping my bouquet settings as I have edited them, and it should have the new xml in it?
Can I do it that way?

septicsmurf
23rd April, 2012, 12:11 PM
Anyone that can help me out?
I just want to know the simplest way of updating any channel changes in my vu+ duo, without changing the structure of my bouquet and having to re edit it.
Please