PDA

View Full Version : Need Memory foam mattress advice

mu08
20th April, 2012, 05:20 PM
Hi I'm looking at memory foam mattresses, I'm looking for a 12" one for a single bed. I've seen a few on eBay but do you think they are trustworthy? They say they have springs in them and a layer of memory foam, please anyone who's bought one give me advice if I should buy one

nibblitz
20th April, 2012, 05:46 PM
Ive got a 2000 pocket sprung mattress that has a 3 inch memory foam top layer, best mattress I have ever bought... Took a few nights to get used to it as, well, the feeling is very different to normal a normal matress, but it is fantastic.. Get a Memory foam pillow too, you'll start having fantastic nights sleeps..

tigger001
20th April, 2012, 07:56 PM
There are Memory Foam Mattress's that do not have springs in them . I bought a single bed size one last year for less than ?80 at Poundstretcher.

chalky1503
20th April, 2012, 08:05 PM
hi ebay should be safe aslong as you use paypal to protect yourself.

check sellers feedback before buying

cactikid
20th April, 2012, 08:19 PM
if you need to return it that may be costly for you,check out the life warranty also.

paul hick
20th April, 2012, 08:46 PM
they are fantastic,we have a 3000 pocket sprung with a 5 inch foam topper.
one word of warning tho - they sweat the conkers off you.

tab99_uk
21st April, 2012, 02:59 AM
they are fantastic,we have a 3000 pocket sprung with a 5 inch foam topper.
one word of warning tho - they sweat the conkers off you.

i thought it was me sweating by putting weight on its the memory foam make you drip with sweat.

firestorm
21st April, 2012, 11:51 AM
There a bastard to get clean if you ever shit the bed when your pissed.

Hurri
21st April, 2012, 12:31 PM
Try these guys memoryfoamwarehouse.co.uk

Get a foam mattress topper for ?30 ... then turn it over if you shit on it.. :laugh:

Snowy79
21st April, 2012, 08:04 PM
I bought a Memory Foam mattress but forgot where I put it

smoggie
21st April, 2012, 10:05 PM
try out kaymed beds which are pocket sprung and have memory foam topping. Best money I ever spent considering the time we spend in bed. Some mornings I had diffculty puttting socks on I was that stiff, never was getting a good nights sleep and had problems with back.
Now I sleep better than ever, the only thing stiff in morning wont be mentioned and problems with back are much less frequent. Best money I ever spent and when I need another one I will be happy to spend a ?1000 pound or more again

Captin
21st April, 2012, 10:39 PM
We got a full memory foam one from ebay off a proper company. Best sleep I've ever had.
it's 12" of high density foam with a 3" memory foam topper.

Unlike a normal mattress bed bugs and dust mites can't live in a full foam mattress.

manhatten
21st April, 2012, 11:13 PM
My son always complained about his mattress, We got a memory foam mattress for his bed and and he has not complained since

super jumbe
21st April, 2012, 11:53 PM
I thought memory foam mattress means it remembers where you always park your chopper and what?s it got to do with the sleep??..??????

:sheep:

mu08
22nd April, 2012, 10:44 AM
Next question is open coil sprung mattresses better or the ones with orthopedic support foam? Cos the memory foam is just a layer but the rest of the mattress I was wondering if it's better with springs or not

mu08
22nd April, 2012, 10:45 AM
And Captin what was the name of the seller? I would like a 12" mattress

super jumbe
22nd April, 2012, 01:05 PM
Spring mattress out of question unless you want to join the way zebeddee jumping way?..

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGaWDFkFykoaoThnS1368-lTx6G7pXzrDGgwfOn_7Ln7-hxfvN

:sheep: :sheep: :sheep:

mu08
22nd April, 2012, 05:59 PM
Just ordered a memory foam mattress off eBay it's from memory foamwarehouse should be here on tuesday it's a 10" one with 3" memory foam and 7" of reflex support foam
Paid ?95 for it

Captin
22nd April, 2012, 07:54 PM
And Captin what was the name of the seller? I would like a 12" mattress

This was the company - Memory Foam Mattresses, Toppers and Pillows by Hypnia (http://www.hypniamemoryfoam.com/)

But it was one of their dozen ebay accounts we ordered from as it was cheaper. The price on their website was ?399 but on ebay it was ?299. It came with a 10 year guarantee.

The mattress came with a full cover and 4 free memory foam contoured pillows, they were the good large type not the tiny crap ones you find in argos, plus 4 pillow covers..

It's the second one we had, not from the same company, we got one from some random ebay seller for around ?120, and it was really crap. After a couple of months it was almost flat and you sank right down to the bed base. You get what you pay for though I suppose.

ITS A SCAM !
22nd April, 2012, 07:59 PM
Before making any rash decisions you will have to sleep on it....lol

mu08
12th May, 2012, 06:17 PM
Lol well I've had my mattress for 3 weeks now and it's a great mattress really comfy
Was bought from memory foam warehouse on their eBay page got it for ?95 10" memory foam

Hoppy01
15th May, 2012, 11:17 AM
Ive got a 2000 pocket sprung mattress that has a 3 inch memory foam top layer, best mattress I have ever bought... Took a few nights to get used to it as, well, the feeling is very different to normal a normal matress, but it is fantastic.. Get a Memory foam pillow too, you'll start having fantastic nights sleeps..

That must have cost a few quid mate, a pocket sprung mattress is superb especially Relyon ones..
A used to sell beds years ago, it was the most boring job ive ever had..

Tim Deegan
20th June, 2012, 02:14 AM
After reading many of the posts in this thread, I thought I should give some advice, as someone in the bed industry.

There are some basic rules as far as memory foam mattresses are concerned:

For the best support go for pocket sprung with memory foam. And if you can find them go for a two sided mattress, so that you can turn it, and it will last longer.
The memory foam is just the top layer, and the optimum depth is 2". Less than that, and it won't give very good support. More than that and it won't give you any better support. All that will happen is you will sink deeper into the memory foam, making it very hot, and difficult to change position.
The optimum density is 60 to 70kg per m3. If the density is too low, then it won't do what memory foam is supposed to do (provide even support and eliminate pressure points). If the density is too high, then it will give excellent support, but will have a very slow recovery rate, making it difficult to change position (especially if it is also too deep).
To get good quality at a low price, stay well away from big brand names, and big retailers. Instead go for a smaller independent manufacturer, and buy on line. But make sure that the seller gives a proper satisfaction guarantee, that allows you to unpack and sleep on the mattress (most retailers don't allow this).

Before you think that you would like to try a mattress in a shop first. This can give you a false sense of security. All it does is tell you what it is like to lay on for 10 minutes, fully clothed. And it doesn't tell you what it is like to sleep on.

tshirtman
20th June, 2012, 09:24 AM
Cheers Tim, good info from someone in the know.

chrisjones92
9th July, 2012, 12:09 PM
I got my mattress from mattressman, i think it was. Annoying as heck logo, great service though. Also, i heard that the mattresses that are pure memory foam can get quite hot during sleep, although i can't say personally as mine is a coil/foam combo and has been great since i got it.

alec
11th July, 2012, 10:52 PM
I bought this 6 months ago, for ?199 on Ebay
Silentnight High Quality Memory Foam Mattress
***8226; 5 year guarantee
***8226; Unique posturised design provides extra support where you need it most.
***8226; Memory foam layer reduces pressure on joints to help relieve minor aches and pains.
***8226; High density Miratex foam supports you to the very edge of the mattress with no roll off.
***8226; Absorbs movement from both you and your partner so you do not roll together.
***8226; Mattress is 20cm (8 inches) thick.
This mattress has a 3 layer system:
***8226; Layer 1: Comfort layer, Soft touch quilted knit cover for extra comfort and luxury.
***8226; Layer 2: Response layer, Memory foam layer responds Other Courier to body heat and moulds to body contours for the ultimate in comfort.
***8226; Layer 3: Support layer, High density posturised Miratex foam core f
Everytime I have tried to test it at night, I soon fall asleep, and wake-up 7 hours later.