PDA

View Full Version : Macbook Pro owners - Have you come across these problems too?

ferris05
20th April, 2012, 08:23 PM
Hello people. Just thought I'd make a thread on a couple of problems which I have come across on my Macbook Pro as I was wondering if anyone else has had the same problems and managed to rectify them.

The first problem I've had is when the Macbook is plugged in I consistently get small electric shocks when I lay my hand or arms on the body of the Macbook. I think this random electrical malfunction also causes a constant buzz in the headphones I use as when I lay my hand on the Macbook the buzz stops.

The other problem I am having is when I open or close the Macbook, the hinge creaks loudly. It is painful every time I open or close the machine to hear the loud 'CRACK' noise it creates.

Anyone else come across these problems? If so did you manage to rectify them?

Ta las.

andiewill
23rd April, 2012, 11:27 AM
This seems like a serious issue that you have and i have never heard of anyone else with your problem ? and electrical shocks don't sound to good to me so it must be a faulty macbook ?

I would take it back to the shop where purchased it and get a new one if still under warranty ? or a trip to the Apple store as this should not be happening to a ?900 + laptop.

gopher7
25th April, 2012, 06:44 AM
I don't have any of those problems, take it to an Apple store, get it checked, sounds like a faulty machine.

Kalipo
29th April, 2012, 11:13 AM
mine doesnt show any of those symptoms.. get it to the apple store.. they'l sort it :)...

DJACID
25th May, 2012, 09:58 PM
is it like a light vibration feeling from the palm rest......

reedy318
26th May, 2012, 09:45 PM
Take it to apple store mate doesn't sound right

Fool2cool
26th May, 2012, 11:28 PM
This could just be a fault in your charger, try another charger if you can,as I have a feeling this is related to a Neutral - Earth problem.

Pppr
20th December, 2012, 02:07 PM
I know this sounds silly but just in case.
It could be that you are touching something else before and you discharge your body's static electricity with your Mac.

seamouse
20th December, 2012, 05:33 PM
apple will swop it if can be proven there, they are really good

wise1610
20th December, 2012, 05:43 PM
I have had this before as well. check the invertor for your screen

hootzor
27th December, 2012, 12:55 AM
yes, me too

cdawg
30th December, 2012, 03:33 AM
I know this sounds silly but just in case.
It could be that you are touching something else before and you discharge your body's static electricity with your Mac.

its just what i wanted to say, and for the cracking sound - its most probably the black plastic cable cover below the screen.

i use macs for years now and never had serious problems.