PDA

View Full Version : Downloading

rruunneerr
21st January, 2009, 06:40 PM
Hi,

Is there a way to download the updates using IE as I don't really want to install Firefox?

I can't seem to able to download the zip files with out them saying the file is corupt.

Any help would be appreciated.

gmb45
21st January, 2009, 06:50 PM
Hi,

Is there a way to download the updates using IE as I don't really want to install Firefox?

I can't seem to able to download the zip files with out them saying the file is corupt.

Any help would be appreciated.ie has weird security firefox is safer than ie any way just uninstall firefox when you have done, ive had probs downloading somethings with ie

cymraes
17th February, 2010, 02:08 PM
I have a similar issue and as a complete novice would appreciate some help in trying to download sofware using IE, even if it does go **** up!

dick b
17th February, 2010, 03:40 PM
I have a similar issue and as a complete novice would appreciate some help in trying to download sofware using IE, even if it does go **** up!
I"ve found all "RAR" files download ok with IE but zip are empty.
I"ve only got dial up but "firefox" downloaded ok no need to uninstall it just leave it on your desktop and use when wanted.rar & zip are ok with firefox.

if you scroll down you can get a link to "firefox"

cymraes
17th February, 2010, 03:51 PM
Thanks for that - the problem I face is working out how to do this directly from the TV as opposed to via a computer.

Would you know the process or how I can get hold of some instructions?

Manic01
17th February, 2010, 04:32 PM
How would a tv download a patch from the internet?
I upload lots of patches on here and I use IE and have no problem downloading zip or rar files from here.

cymraes
17th February, 2010, 05:56 PM
The software is linked to the internet and so wondered whether there was a way of downloading it directly, but I guess that's not possible.

Do you think I might be able to download on to a memory stick and upload that way? Sorry, for being so thick!

I've inherited the technomate 9100 super and seem to have recently lost a number of channels. With no instruction or training, getting it back up to speed is proving to be quite a challenge!

Thanks for your help anyway.

Manic01
17th February, 2010, 08:22 PM
All has to come via pc/ethernet etc. I am still baffled how a TV could download from the internet?

dick b
18th February, 2010, 12:51 PM
Thanks for that - the problem I face is working out how to do this directly from the TV as opposed to via a computer.

Would you know the process or how I can get hold of some instructions?

I"m not very good with computers but its as"fearona"has tried to tell you you must use one to download the files you need the TV is only for displaying the information the STB sends it.

C_S_B
18th February, 2010, 01:23 PM
Maybe the TV confussion is with the new breed or web enabled TV, ie that have youtube, bbci player and a browser built in.

expensive though.

they have USB and wifi, so maybe they could attach external staorage