PDA

View Full Version : Eurovox 5000 PVR in second room

charliev
21st January, 2009, 07:05 PM
Hope someone can help.

Ive got a eurovox 5000 downstairs,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, nice kit
Source: Digital Kaos http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f71/eurovox-ex5000-remote-9997/

I bought a digisender from Argos http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5348066/Trail/searchtext>DIGISENDER.htm

The av signal is very good but I cant get the remote to work.

I got the wife to keep pressing channels whilst I moved the transmitter downstairs to see if it was a positioning thing. Every now and again the channel would change on the second tv but if I left the transmitter there it wouldnt change again. Any advise appreciated please?

satsmo
21st January, 2009, 08:26 PM
They can be hit and miss but I have seen them work fine. But are prone to interference from a microwave. Also they are dependent on the house size and build, (due to range and they obviously transmit better through plasterboard than brick).

Are you sure its not just the remote rather than the transmitter?

charliev
23rd January, 2009, 05:50 PM
thanks for the reply, yeah not the remote.
Yesterday I brought down the second tv so it was in the hallway and ensured it was just out of the Eurovoxes IR radar. i.e behind a door. Probably only about 10 metres away in total. The door was open also. Still no luck. All other wirelss devices also switched off. I think Im going to go for a second box and hard wire.

charliev
23rd January, 2009, 06:05 PM
just thinking about cabling from a bedroom to downstairs.
Ive alrady got a cable from a normal television arial coming downstairs from the loft. Is that cable type the same type that Id need to hook up a second box or is there a specific type I need? It would be ideal if its the same as I can easily route the cable from the loft to my second tv.

Also can anyone recommend a second box. Ive got a Eurovox 5000 at the mo, and think maybe its better to get another make as the second one just in case. Id like the second box to have PVR ideally but not essential, auto update of codes, more than one days tv guide preffereably, and cheap as poss ;) Or do you reckon I should just get another eurovox.

shady77
23rd January, 2009, 06:08 PM
no mate its just bog standard coax. go ahead and use it.

now asking which box to get? its personal preference mate. but if you wanna go pvr. you wont go far wrong with the dreambox 600

charliev
24th January, 2009, 11:33 AM
Thanks shady, I was hoping for that answer! :) Ill give it a go.