PDA

View Full Version : ICS HTC sensation xe

Nav2010
22nd April, 2012, 03:50 AM
Finally got ICS from o2 last night via software update on the phone settings, first impression is of dissatisfaction, having used the HTC one I was expectin a similar feel. Also hate that o2 + google have bundled in loads of ther own apps on top of what was already there that can not be deleted!! :@ What do you guys make of the update if you have it!!

Captin
22nd April, 2012, 08:11 AM
I have the HTC Sensation and got the update I can't see a lot of difference really, just the menus but the programs all seem the same.

You can get de-branded firmware from XDAdevelopers but you may need to unlock and root your phone first, both are available for free from the same site.

alom5
22nd April, 2012, 11:25 AM
yep...definately root your phone and then run custom roms...you can always go back to stock firmware if you ....takes the bloatware that the carriers and providers put in. you can add what you want....

couldn't wait for ics on my note so done the root and am running a lightening quick rom and running it as a tablet :)

Nav2010
22nd April, 2012, 08:46 PM
Is custom Rom easy to do bit of a noob with mobiles, noticed ny battery useage is a joke now doesn't last a whole day! Grrr

girovend
23rd April, 2012, 03:46 PM
Its easy , but you can fcuk up your phone , make sure you read the instructions thoroughly
and if your not 100% dont do it,
I've got a custom rom on my sensation and it runs great,once you get it rooted installing custom roms is a breeze

alom5
23rd April, 2012, 09:16 PM
It's not hard at all mate...there's some great developers on that site...xdadevelopers...just read the thread through and the instructions carefully...easy a piss... :)....you'll do well to brick your phone to the point of no return......there are apps on the market as well which will root at the touch of a button....

happy_highlander
24th April, 2012, 06:10 PM
It's not hard at all mate...there's some great developers on that site...xdadevelopers...just read the thread through and the instructions carefully...easy a piss... :)....you'll do well to brick your phone to the point of no return......there are apps on the market as well which will root at the touch of a button....

Dead easy to brick your phone m8....power cut at the wrong time during flash and it's toast.....which is why if possible you should always flash using a lappy with full battery and plugged in as well, if you are using a desk top check the meter first to see if you need to put 50p in it before you start.....

alom5
24th April, 2012, 06:37 PM
While trying to flash my note I had to flash a repack of the firmware....and it got stuck during nand write step....I just pulled the battery out....then 3 button to put it into download mode again and fine....but got stuck again at the same spot...had to do it again....then realized the firmware was pooop....then downloaded a good copy of firmware and flashed fine......maybe I was lucky :)

Now everything is just sweet....tho I got the stupid triangle now....and triangle away don't work on lp5 firmware (which is what I got now)

happy_highlander
24th April, 2012, 11:13 PM
While trying to flash my note I had to flash a repack of the firmware....and it got stuck during nand write step....I just pulled the battery out....then 3 button to put it into download mode again and fine....but got stuck again at the same spot...had to do it again....then realized the firmware was pooop....then downloaded a good copy of firmware and flashed fine......maybe I was lucky :)

Now everything is just sweet....tho I got the stupid triangle now....and triangle away don't work on lp5 firmware (which is what I got now)

Have you tried the manual way to get rid of the triangle that works on the s2. I put a tutorial in my s2 rooting thread. Not sure if it will work on the note but should do. http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=1264020

alom5
24th April, 2012, 11:21 PM
Nice 1 mate.I'll have a look at that later.

tshirtman
25th April, 2012, 01:43 PM
Is custom Rom easy to do bit of a noob with mobiles, noticed ny battery useage is a joke now doesn't last a whole day! Grrr

have you recalibrated your battery, I had same problem after upgrading to ics,
let your battery go completely flat until phone turns off, then fully charge with phone switched off,
I noticed and big improvement after following above procedure.

Canker_Canison
25th April, 2012, 01:50 PM
let your battery go completely flat until phone turns off, then fully charge with phone switched off,

Same here. The battery was draining faster than my bank account. Once charged from flat it's been kicking ass compared to how long it would last on GB

Nav2010
29th April, 2012, 10:35 PM

Thanks mate, ill give it ago

fabi4u
12th May, 2012, 08:14 PM
Can anyone help me to unlock htc sensation xl from O2 UK.
Thank you.