PDA

View Full Version : Ebay clones !! Ones to avoid if you are looking for a genuine box.

dell_xps
22nd April, 2012, 10:18 AM
Quite horrified by the amount of people selling clones on Ebay and asking for the same price as an original VU+ duo,
avoid these ones if you are looking for an original VU+ Duo, and remember if you want a genuine box always ask advice in here first or use a trusted source, ie WOS for one :-)

Avoid these ones peeps all clones and all asking about the same as an original Vu+ Duo

Item number: 190668137558

Item number: 190668139807

Item number: 200745546829

Item number: 200745548021

Item number: 170828317677

saintashley
22nd April, 2012, 10:22 AM
Great post have been looking online for one did actually see these one.

RuberDuck
22nd April, 2012, 10:23 AM
I have said before that i'm not against clones as such and those who wish to buy a clone knowing what their buying are more than welcome to do so. but people selling clones as the real thing for the full retail price are nothing but greedy ****s.

RuberDuck
22nd April, 2012, 10:25 AM
Great post have been looking online for one did actually see these one.

I dont quite think you get the point of the post. those above auctions are for clones which are being sold as originals for the full retail price. IE the people who buy them are being ripped off.

dell_xps
22nd April, 2012, 10:26 AM
Exactly RD, would you not be annoyed to find out you'd spent ?300 of your hard earned cash on a fake/replica box, sure as F&%k I would be.

RuberDuck
22nd April, 2012, 10:29 AM
Exactly RD, would you not be annoyed to find out you'd spent ?300 of your hard earned cash on a fake/replica box, sure as F&%k I would be.

damn sure i would be. same as any other product. If i buy a replica or clone i do so in full knowledge of that fact and take the associated risks etc.

The main thing here is people buy those receivers thinking there the real deal then IF something goes wrong down the line they find their warranty may as well be written on toilet paper.

dell_xps
22nd April, 2012, 10:32 AM
And going back to a point made about a year ago, what if one of these boxes causes a fire in your house ?, have they been properly tested ?
Another point you brought up, Vu give away a % of the money to a childrens charity, where does the clone money go ?
A lot of things you have to take into consideration when buying anything counterfeit, so be warned !

RuberDuck
22nd April, 2012, 11:10 AM
And going back to a point made about a year ago, what if one of these boxes causes a fire in your house ?, have they been properly tested ?
Another point you brought up, Vu give away a % of the money to a childrens charity, where does the clone money go ?
A lot of things you have to take into consideration when buying anything counterfeit, so be warned !

well were going round and round in circles mate, and i know certain people here will no doubt slag me off as i am supposedly well known for hating clones.

dell_xps
22nd April, 2012, 11:21 AM
Just pointing out some facts to new people thinking of grabbing a bargain, if it's to good to be true, then it probably is, FACT !
We know you have nothing against clones, just dont advertise your selling the real thing when it's clearly not, same as what grates on me :-), and the other fact that these might be potential fire hazards ????
Oh and another thing selling a ~~~~ing warranty with it, buy from a reputable dealer, thats all the warranty you'll ever need !!

RuberDuck
22nd April, 2012, 11:24 AM
Just pointing out some facts to new people thinking of grabbing a bargain, if it's to good to be true, then it probably is, FACT !
We know you have nothing against clones, just dont advertise your selling the real thing when it's clearly not, same as what grates on me :-), and the other fact that these might be potential fire hazards ????
Oh and another thing selling a ~~~~ing warranty with it, buy from a reputable dealer, thats all the warranty you'll ever need !!

LMAO your preaching to the choir mate. as for the one you removed from the list thats a clone too as you can see the ferrari team sticker in the second picture. personally i'm more bothered by the bloke taking the pish and plastering the ViX image pics all over his sales page.

as to the warranty well as far as i know ebay them selves cover a 1 year warranty with these types of electrical goods sales.

dell_xps
22nd April, 2012, 11:33 AM
Got my number mixed up, sorted now lol

benny/9
22nd April, 2012, 11:55 AM
i have also seen ebay sellers offering the vu
a gaurantee for a extra ?37 plus, this should
make buyers think and know it has to be a clone

saintashley
22nd April, 2012, 06:19 PM
Of course I got the post I want one and now know that the ones listed are fake and so I'll avoid them.

dell_xps
22nd April, 2012, 06:43 PM
Buy from a reputable dealer m8 !!

saintashley
22nd April, 2012, 07:56 PM
Buy from a reputable dealer m8 !!

Can you point me in the direction of a good dealer?

cactikid
22nd April, 2012, 08:06 PM
dell did mention who to buy original in first post.

dell_xps
22nd April, 2012, 08:22 PM
World Of Satellite m8 ok.
HTH

digicon
22nd April, 2012, 08:48 PM
Sat-Shop & Goldwafers also have excellent customer service

cactikid
22nd April, 2012, 09:42 PM
yep one vu+duo clone sold for ?260 33 bids his post stated original and when asked a question he said clone and no warranty.ebay loves mugs lol,i feel sorry when the punter finds out the truth.
just to add it does seem possible to buy a 3 year warranty for ?41.99 for uk only it seems,curious who does warranty if something happens.

dell_xps
22nd April, 2012, 10:05 PM
You get a 2 year warranty with an original Vu ?..

RuberDuck
22nd April, 2012, 10:11 PM
You get a 2 year warranty with an original Vu ?..

That depends, in the uk we like in so many other areas have a opt out clause where warranty claims stand. we legally must have 12 months warranty cover but its up to the retailer if they wish to provide more cover. in europe this is a mandatory 2 or 3 years cover by law ( not sure if its 2 or 3 years ).

dell_xps
22nd April, 2012, 10:39 PM
Cheers RD !

den169
25th April, 2012, 07:11 PM
Can anyone tell me if Lavatronics sell genuine vu+ iv'e been offered one that was bought off them.
VU+ DUO Linux HD Twin Tuner PVR Digital Satellite Receiver | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VU-DUO-Linux-HD-Twin-Tuner-PVR-Digital-Satellite-Receiver-/140729288472?pt=UK_ConEle_SatCableFreeview_RL&hash=item20c41e8718)
They also have this website,
http://www.sat-shop.co.uk/

digicon
25th April, 2012, 07:32 PM
Can anyone tell me if Lavatronics sell genuine vu+ iv'e been offered one that was bought off them.
VU+ DUO Linux HD Twin Tuner PVR Digital Satellite Receiver | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VU-DUO-Linux-HD-Twin-Tuner-PVR-Digital-Satellite-Receiver-/140729288472?pt=UK_ConEle_SatCableFreeview_RL&hash=item20c41e8718)
They also have this website,
Sat-Shop.co.uk - Sat-Shop.co.uk Online Satellite and Electronics Store from Lavatronics (http://www.sat-shop.co.uk/)

They are genuine from Sat-Shop

gsmtech
27th April, 2012, 11:15 PM
If you want original buy from the European resellers you'll get a better price. You get ripped of in the UK... I heard German and Slovenian resellers offering decent prices...

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

digicon
28th April, 2012, 01:41 AM
If you want original buy from the European resellers you'll get a better price. You get ripped of in the UK... I heard German and Slovenian resellers offering decent prices...

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

I wholeheartedly agree with you but a lot of people like a UK contact so if something goes wrong they only have to ship it back to a UK address and not back to Germany or Slovenia.

Its the same situation with clones currently some UK dealers are offering them at ?229 with 12 months warranty with them but at the current exchange rate i priced today direct posted from china works out at just over ?169, again quite a saving

Returner70
6th May, 2012, 01:29 AM
Hi, i've just registered after lurking for the past couple of weeks trying to find which receiver is the right one to buy.
I have looked through this thread and notice at the start Dell states that 200745548021 is a clone, can you please tell me how you know this as i am in the process of buying from this seller who has stated that it is orginal and made in korea.
It has not arrived yet but is due before next Thursday.
Any and all help is appreciated as i do not want to buy a clone for the same price as a genuine one.
Dell can you tell me as you seem to be one of the main men in the know.
Thanks
Returner70

potrobber
6th May, 2012, 08:28 AM
m8 even if it is genuine why not buy from satshop goldwaffers wos ect as these are genuine sellers which would be better than ebay in my eyes and same price or cheaper if you phone and ask maybe for a little discount

where is this guy going to be in 14 months if anything goes wrong also why so long for delivery sat shop is next day to most places

Returner70
6th May, 2012, 08:54 AM
Thanks for the reply,
The guy said it was in stock when i asked the questions and ordered.
The next day i got an email saying his partner had sold out the last of the stock and he would restock next week after the UK? Bank holiday on Monday.
Does VU+ have a serial number checker or a legit way to know if its cloned or not?

RuberDuck
6th May, 2012, 08:58 AM
Thanks for the reply,
The guy said it was in stock when i asked the questions and ordered.
The next day i got an email saying his partner had sold out the last of the stock and he would restock next week after the UK? Bank holiday on Monday.
Does VU+ have a serial number checker or a legit way to know if its cloned or not?

There is a plugin in the BH and genuine images that can check if the receiver is genuine but i'm not sure what would happen if you ran that on a cloned receiver.

cactikid
6th May, 2012, 09:46 AM
well if they say box is genuine and you run it on their box and it is a clone and it ~~~~s it up, you are not putting anything on it thats not meant for it on it, so i would imagine you should be covered,thats why a warranty is handy and crucial,but if seller vanishes who covers it then.

potrobber
6th May, 2012, 09:56 AM
as i said before i still dont understand why you are buying thru ebay at that price ,what is your reason?

its not at a bargain price or any extras coming with it so i cant work out why your buying from ebay more so when your looking to buy a genuine box

i only buy clone duo,s but at half the price you are paying for genuine one i get 2 clones for price of one genuine and take my chance with them so far not had much to complain about

you on the other hand are taking chance from buying from someone unknown thats not sold to many duo,s and paying same price as buying from genuine retailer this i dont understand

what im trying to get across is not is box genuine but is retailer genuine
uknown sellers with no track record - genuine retailers with proven track record for fixing problems if they arise and genuine boxs can have faults also

digicon
6th May, 2012, 11:51 AM
Potrobber has it spot on you would be better trying to source one from a reputable company like WOS, Goldwafers etc... at least you will have after care just a phone call away

Returner70
6th May, 2012, 12:40 PM
Yeh i made a mistake and didnt think about after sales care, my mistake!
I also read this on vu+ site,
Caution! Vu+ Clone (http://www2.vuplus.com/14-vuplus-articles/100-caution-vu-clone)

I dont know how genuine it is or if it will work but i dont want to take a chance on a clone.
Thanks for all your replies.