PDA

View Full Version : sound and video

paulthecarper
22nd April, 2012, 01:05 PM
want to put sound and video from pc to tv via hdmi cable as cheap as poss any ideas lads

Shady
22nd April, 2012, 01:09 PM
just use a hdmi cable :hmmmm:

paulthecarper
22nd April, 2012, 01:55 PM
have not got hdmi on my pc thats the problem

Shady
22nd April, 2012, 01:59 PM
might have been a good idea to state that when you said you wanted to connect with hdmi cable :banghead:
buy a graphics card with hdmi port.. depending on age of pc, you'll need either agp or pci-e can get suitable graphics card from about ?20

nibblitz
22nd April, 2012, 03:30 PM
If your TV has a VGA input then you could connect VGA output from PC to TV that way using a VGA lead... This will be an analog video connection. You will need to use a 3.5mm audio cable from PC to TV to carry sound, plugs on TV end will depend on the audio inputs on your TV..

If you have a DVI output on your PC then you could use a DVI to HDMI cable (assuming your TV has HDMI inputs).. This will be a better digital Video connection. Again you will need to use a seperate audio cable from PC to TV to carry the sound..

mikegresty
30th April, 2012, 10:05 AM
Hi there don't know if someone can help ?
I have a ATI Radeon HD5450 1GB PCI-E HDMI connected to my tv by DVI - HDMI cable and a seperate audio cable and my monitor is connected by VGA cable
What I want to be able to do is watch the footie on the tv and still use my pc monitor to do other stuff - but the software and control panel supplied doesn't let me do this - any ideas ?

dasteph
1st May, 2012, 05:47 PM
Hi there don't know if someone can help ?
I have a ATI Radeon HD5450 1GB PCI-E HDMI connected to my tv by DVI - HDMI cable and a seperate audio cable and my monitor is connected by VGA cable
What I want to be able to do is watch the footie on the tv and still use my pc monitor to do other stuff - but the software and control panel supplied doesn't let me do this - any ideas ?

the output of the graphics card or the output of the vga cable will be the same you cannot split the graphics signal from your pc.

cunny
1st May, 2012, 08:18 PM
Here is how i did mine. Easy really.

Dual dvi out ( or any other output ) graphics card.
Dvi to hdmi cable connected to tv.
Optical audio connected to speaker system. But you could use what ever out puts you have for sound.
On pc. Graphics settings and setup second display to have extended desktop.

So when i wanted to watch a film. Id open it. Drag it over off screen and hit alt+enter for full screen.

The monitor was then just used as normal desktop use

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

R_J
3rd May, 2012, 01:35 AM
You can purchase a new video card with hdmi output for as low as $29.00 to $750.00 or less with rebates, thats how I would do it, pick a card any card
or get somthing like this... http://aluratek.com/usb-to-hdmi-720p-adapter-with-audio