PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using clone vu solo

potrobber
22nd April, 2012, 07:35 PM
just looking some feedback are the solo as good as the clone duo on build quality and operation ect

anyone got any gripes with solo?

psats
22nd April, 2012, 08:44 PM
look there.
VU+ Solo Chat (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f194/)

digicon
22nd April, 2012, 08:44 PM
just looking some feedback are the solo as good as the clone duo on build quality and operation ect

Potrobber

I know the exact person for this and thats MDT he has one and should be able to give you the downlow on it

I am sure he will be along any minute

Regards

mdt
22nd April, 2012, 08:48 PM

i have just installed one for my boss and after some early problems with the ic update its now running on vix 2.3 with picons/coolmans ect and is very solid. the built quality is very good and is much better than the dm800pro clones.. even though its early days i am very impressed although obviously its not as fast as the duo but its worth the money imho and can only get better in future revisions, regards mdt

digicon
22nd April, 2012, 08:50 PM
How the hell did you get Coolmas Guide working with VIX image, Thats definitely a first.

potrobber
23rd April, 2012, 09:49 AM
thanks mdt and digi

i went ahead and ordered a few see how they go

thanks for input

RuberDuck
24th April, 2012, 01:21 AM
How the hell did you get Coolmas Guide working with VIX image, Thats definitely a first.

he released a fix for pli about 5 to 6 weeks ago so it should be working again although to be honest i have never bothered to try as i personally dont like that plugin.

digicon
24th April, 2012, 10:58 AM
he released a fix for pli about 5 to 6 weeks ago so it should be working again although to be honest i have never bothered to try as i personally dont like that plugin.

Well thats good to know then

bigup
24th April, 2012, 11:14 AM
got a solo clone, working fine

not done the IC update though, so running a December 2011 build of VTI which works fine

no issues at all, remote is a bit faff though, not as nice as a genuine one

gemihema
27th May, 2012, 11:13 AM
had for awhile before upgrading worked fine had no prob with it

potrobber
27th May, 2012, 09:28 PM
just a little update got a few of these solo clones and can
not fault them

they beat any dm800 hands down and great value for money

cactikid
27th May, 2012, 10:56 PM
i see a price drop on the originals today lol
solo uno duo
?189 ?249 ?289
and add a 500gb sata hdd to the models that can have one fitted inside for free.that will make life more interesting now lol.

dudgers
8th June, 2012, 01:40 PM
Can someone pm me with details of where i can buy a cloned VU solo please.

All sorted

contemptx
25th June, 2012, 09:26 PM
I totally agree, the VU Solo is superior to the DM800.

I also have a genuine solo and there's just no telling them apart they both respond the same when using them and even with the lid off its hard to tell which is which.

DOUGALMCD
29th June, 2012, 10:39 AM
It's quite easy to spot the differences when you have the lids off. There are plenty of images to be found on this.