PDA

View Full Version : Siemens MS41 "cloning maps"

xoom
22nd April, 2012, 10:29 PM
And this is what i came up to:
Have ecu from:
5' E39, Sedan
523i (M52)

and wanted to write file from E36 328i to that ecu.

I readed with galletto that ecu to make ORG backup file. Then writed whole file readed from E36.
And now ECU is like sleeping http://www.chiptuners.org/forums/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif Cannot connect to it anymore or diagnose it.

What options i have to do something now?

I have cheep TOP2049 programmer (i called it TOP Shit http://www.chiptuners.org/forums/images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif ) and it not supports 28F200.. just 29F200.. so im thinking to try to read it as 29F200 and then write back ORG file.. But still how can i make that ecu with 328i maps.

Thank you for your time.
Best Regards,
xoom

Dade84
23rd April, 2012, 04:12 AM
because you need a file from the flash chip (256kb) not Galetto (32kb) you have to make the chip out and re-burn with the 328i file (256kb)

xoom
23rd April, 2012, 09:01 AM
Thank you for your answer.

antonijs
28th April, 2012, 08:55 PM
You do understand, that from 2.8 maps on that poor 2.5 engine would be no use?
It will inject less fuel and ignite sooner, without adaptations and that could lead to an engine damage

ominimicu
29th April, 2012, 04:23 PM
swap chips if they are the same structure

mrf
30th August, 2012, 05:41 PM
It will inject less fuel and ignite sooner, without adaptations and that could lead to an engine damage
You clearly don't understand how an engine that uses a MAF sensor calculates the amount of fuel needed.

Morette
30th August, 2012, 05:57 PM
You clearly don't understand how an engine that uses a MAF sensor calculates the amount of fuel needed.

You know the 523 has smaller injectors? If you use a 2.8 file, the injector opening times will be too small.

ominimicu
30th August, 2012, 07:34 PM
thread long gone..dont waste your time guys...he didnt bothered to answer back

antonijs
6th September, 2012, 09:49 AM

No, mate, in MS41.0 ECU, there are no injection quantity, there are injection time in (ms), ofcourse the ecu will adapt, using lambdas, but it will not be as good as the right values, cause in WOT this engine runs on open loop.

mrf
10th September, 2012, 03:29 PM
You know the 523 has smaller injectors? If you use a 2.8 file, the injector opening times will be too small.
I see. Did not know the injectors were different. Then yes, you're absolutely right.

No, mate, in MS41.0 ECU, there are no injection quantity, there are injection time in (ms), ofcourse the ecu will adapt, using lambdas, but it will not be as good as the right values, cause in WOT this engine runs on open loop.
Oh really?! Wow, that sounds kind of primitive. Every other car that uses a MAF has an injector constant that is used along with the MAF to arrive at a calculated injection pulsewidth. Then there is a table used to correct the slight errors in calculation.