PDA

View Full Version : vu duo tuner issue

gibbo74
23rd April, 2012, 09:25 AM
im having signal issues with my new vu duo plus ive got a 1.2 m dish and a dark motor which is set up spot on ( i did it ) and its worked perfect on my other boxes after seting up the box i scanned a few sats in and they all seemed to be very low in signal around 68% compared to 93 -100% with my other boxes so i downloaded a channel list from the plugin files and that seemed to sort the issue apart from 4.8e thats showing between 25-57% if i plug my technomate back in the signal shoots right back up to around 82%

does any one have a decent xml file for the channel list for the vu duo or recommend which one to download ?

apart from that i cant fault the box now i have got the epg working

digicon
23rd April, 2012, 10:36 AM
Gibbo is this a Clone or original, I can only comment on the clone and swapping from my Ultimo to my Duo results in only a few % difference on the SNR scale of the receiver.

The Technomate should be a lot different as the tuners are a lot more sensitive than any other receiver i have tried, But also take into account if it was 82% on the TM the breakup point on the TM will be higher than that of the Duo which i have found to be around 30-35% on most channels.

There will always be a variation between different receivers.

Just as an example i had the other day a TM5402HD for an install the following day after sorting it out with firmware and channel list i decided to pit it against my Ultimo, The test was the Al Jazeera Sport HD channel on 7.3? west Atlantic Bird now the evening i tried it we had a fair amount of rain so on the ultimo i was getting around 32% snr and breakup of the picture when i swapped it for the 5402 same channel same weather i got a healthy 53% and a rock solid steady picture.

So there you go, That probably explains the difference in signal quality not all receiver Tuners are the same.

ramjet
23rd April, 2012, 10:39 AM
firstly you should have posted in the vu section so check in there or the dreambox section for the files you require

also make sure your usals is correct after installing the channel files and try checking in diseqc as well with fine tuning and storing if necessary

it seems to me the usals is out on the vu and so the signals are suffering

digicon
23rd April, 2012, 11:23 AM
firstly you should have posted in the vu section so check in there or the dreambox section for the files you require

also make sure your usals is correct after installing the channel files and try checking in diseqc as well with fine tuning and storing if necessary

it seems to me the usals is out on the vu and so the signals are suffering

That will not matter if you store the same USALS figure in one receiver and enter the exact same details into another receiver there will always be some signal differences as i have pointed out all receivers are not made the same.

And slightly altering your lat lon details to compensate for signal issue wont bring signal levels up to the standard of another box, its impossible

ramjet
23rd April, 2012, 11:57 AM
my point is that if he installs a channel list from somebody else , like the catseye list , he should check or input his own personal usals coordinates so that the new list is relevant to his location

this should always be done on any box when you use somebody elses list, and many will use the catseye list or similar ones like likra

the problems he is talking about sound to me like his usals is incorrectly set having used somebody elses list

his other boxes seem to indicate he has no motorised signal issues , just a vu issue

digicon
23rd April, 2012, 12:08 PM
When you install Catseye or any other E2 list this does not affect your USALS setting as a list is just that a list, there are no USALS co-ordinates stored in any of the popular channel lists that people make.

They are not scanned on someones machine and then uploaded they are created from Dreambox edit or one of the other channel list editors.

ramjet
23rd April, 2012, 12:11 PM
his other boxes indicate the motor is spot on , but clearly his vu is not as he has signal issues especially on 5 east

so it still appears to me as if he hasnt set the usals correctly , despite your statements about what is stored and where

clearly you state that the catseye lists do not store usals positions , maybe that is true as I dont have a vu to check , but if his technomate is ok on 5e and his vu isnt then clearly he has an issue with the vu and how it handles satellite positions and that was the reason he posted

ie:- if one box works , they all will , even though the tuners vary

that is my point

cris808
23rd April, 2012, 12:17 PM
Tuners are always different on various boxes.

I have two DM800's, slightly different versions and the SNR difference can be anything up to 25% on the same channel.

As long as your receiving a picture with no break up, I wouldn't worry.

gibbo74
23rd April, 2012, 01:46 PM
thanks guys im not reciving any channels at all on 4.8e witht the vu duo and its an genuine model , i have re entered the usals and still the same results

digicon
23rd April, 2012, 01:53 PM
If you entered in the exact same USALS figure asyour other receivers and they have a good signal then you know your Dish is spot on and its down to the sensitivity of the Duo tuners.

Gibbo do me a favour and plug the Blade 7000 in this has the same tuner as the TM5402HD and see what figures are like then.

ramjet
23rd April, 2012, 01:57 PM
thanks guys im not reciving any channels at all on 4.8e witht the vu duo and its an genuine model , i have re entered the usals and still the same results

in that case you definitely have a duo problem

what I would now do is connect the tm or blade to the motor and place it on 5e and on transponder 12073H 27500 and check ru music and the business channel , and check sig levels and quality (77% and 98% on my spiderbox on 1.1 metre dish with ultrablack lnb)

also check the travel channel etc on 12111H 27500 as that has similar levels

now assuming the techno or blade picks them up ok , connect a loopthrough cable from the techno or blade to the vu and select 5e and the same channel/transponder , then check if you get signal and quality on the vu

doing it this way means the techno or blade gets you onto the satellite and gives you sig and quality readings , and whilst its still locked on you can view the same transponder on the vu (with both boxes on) and compare notes

then repeat for the second transponder , again using the techno or blade as the positioner box and reference point for the same channels

ideally you should get good readings on both transponders on both boxes

at least you will then know where the problem lies

digicon
23rd April, 2012, 02:14 PM
Ramjet is correct but also allow for a few DB discrepancy on your Loopthrough as the blade will be acting almost as if you had a diseqc switch in place so there maybe a small amount of signal loss anything between 3-5db

ramjet
24th April, 2012, 06:49 PM
so what was the outcome of the above suggestions ?