PDA

View Full Version : A little concerned (aspley)

stingray13
23rd April, 2012, 03:47 PM
Good Afternoon,

Following suggestions here i ordered a Duo clone from here
VU+ Duo [1xduo] - ?185.00 : DreamboxParts Shop!, DreamboxParts.co.uk (http://dreamboxparts.com/shop/satellite/vu/vu-duo) and asked for shipping from the UK and they said i would have it within a day or so well i've not heard anything at all from them.

Now the payment went to another recommended company Weekly Offers (http://aspleysatellite.co.uk/)

I've tried emailing, even asking questions through paypal and not a word has been said to me before i go around causing problems and charging back are this company ok?

Why don't they respond to my emails, I can't even find a telephone number so no way to do that its nearly a week and from the UK with next day delivery thats unacceptable.

I can't get a response from any email address there live chat on both sites have been down since i ordered, so thought i would try the forums as i know they post on some of these.

I'm only asking for some communication and if the wait is to long (a refund) i was told they where instock and ready to go next day.

All help appreciated.

smirnoff_rules
23rd April, 2012, 03:52 PM
aspleysatellite.co.uk - Whois result (http://www.whoisentry.com/domain/aspleysatellite.co.uk) this is who owns it ,, try there post code in google

dell_xps
23rd April, 2012, 03:54 PM
Guy that runs Aspley is on here Im sure, I'm sure you will get you Vu m8.

HTH.

stingray13
23rd April, 2012, 04:29 PM
I am not overly concerned yet about the VU i understand these things happen and its probably a stock issue but jesus communication is the virtue of good customer service.

I haven't heard a word from them regardless of all my trying, its late the least i should of received was a reason and an eta and an appoligy?

Thanks

rupeshbmnoob
23rd April, 2012, 07:44 PM
I am not overly concerned yet about the VU i understand these things happen and its probably a stock issue but jesus communication is the virtue of good customer service.

I haven't heard a word from them regardless of all my trying, its late the least i should of received was a reason and an eta and an appoligy?

Thanks

According to this post (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f11/vu-uno-vu-duo-clones-released-end-month-225777/index25.html#post1524747), the person who runs Aspley Satellite is on holiday until 28th of this month which might explain why there's a lack of communication.

stingray13
23rd April, 2012, 08:35 PM
I got a reply and have replied to it asking for a refund hopefully its forthcoming but either way i've been lied to and i don't like to do business that way.

I was told next day from the UK, its not been forthcoming i will use someone else if it doesn't arrive tomorrow and if no word by wednesday will request a refund via paypal.

dctyper
23rd April, 2012, 09:55 PM
aspley seem to do ok but you know what they say. pay peanuts........

you cant pay the cheapest price out there and expect the best service.

i hope you get your new toy soon

dc

rupeshbmnoob
23rd April, 2012, 10:04 PM
I got a reply and have replied to it asking for a refund hopefully its forthcoming but either way i've been lied to and i don't like to do business that way.

I was told next day from the UK, its not been forthcoming i will use someone else if it doesn't arrive tomorrow and if no word by wednesday will request a refund via paypal.

Other than dreamboxparts/dreambox.me.uk/aspley who all seem to be owned by the same person allegedly, (the whois results seem to suggest that anyway!) you may wish to try maxsat.co.uk

I'm considering buying a Solo clone from Maxsat although I ought to research them first to see if they are reputable.

To be honest, other than the four retailers listed above, I can't think of many Vu+ clone retailers that are UK based.

potrobber
23rd April, 2012, 11:05 PM
from what i heard also he is on holiday and last week did not have uk stock as i know someone that asked for duo so your box is probably coming from china thru dropshipper sites

Lyrrad
24th April, 2012, 02:26 AM
The bit I can't work out from this thread is that when you go to link from OP purchase company it quite clearly states 7-10 day delivery direct from China.

Where does the UK stock bit come from in the first place as I'm looking for a clone that's in UK to avoid custom charges etc

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

potrobber
24th April, 2012, 09:10 AM
m8 aspley does,did keep uk stock with next day delivery but as stated he is on holiday so no uk supply i would say until he gets back also you need to order from aspley not dreambox.parts or dreambox.me

i have ordered from china and aspley direct and not had any customs charges

Im85288
26th April, 2012, 12:20 PM
I ordered mine from DreamBoxParts on 24th and received DHL tracking today, so the box is on the way :-)

gsmtech
27th April, 2012, 11:09 PM
I think Aspley used to trade under a different business name previously Linuxsat. Linuxsat went bust and came back as aspley...no warantees were honoured left a lot, of upset customers....google it you'll find a fair few threads about it...

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

rupeshbmnoob
28th April, 2012, 10:31 AM
I ordered mine from DreamBoxParts on 24th and received DHL tracking today, so the box is on the way :-)
Do let us know when you get it! I'm keen to hear your experience and if it all works when you get it out of the box.

Also, will you have to pay any customs duties on the order?

Im85288
30th April, 2012, 06:31 PM
Do let us know when you get it! I'm keen to hear your experience and if it all works when you get it out of the box.

Also, will you have to pay any customs duties on the order?

Item arrived today and must admit I'm very happy with the box. It had the v2 sticker on so I put the latest vix image on it. It's so quiet you don't even know its switched on.

I have not been asked to pay any customs, and delivery via dhl was only 3 days.

potrobber
30th April, 2012, 07:04 PM
was it duo or solo you ordered Im85288 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/264823-im85288/)

i ordered my boxs same time m8 got tracking from 26th then seen they got to belfast on 28th then this morning tracking
said Shipment held - Available upon receipt of payment

thought here we go so phoned and was told there must be customs or vat charges and i thought sh-t for 11 boxs

then girl came back with price 11.58 so result but my heart sank for a minute boxs will be delivered tomorrow

Im85288
30th April, 2012, 08:02 PM
Hi mate, I only ordered one solo. There was a sticker on saying it had been security checked. But luckily no additional charges. ?11.58 for 11 boxes is a result though :-)

andy211081
1st May, 2012, 12:34 PM
Item arrived today and must admit I'm very happy with the box. It had the v2 sticker on so I put the latest vix image on it. It's so quiet you don't even know its switched on.

I have not been asked to pay any customs, and delivery via dhl was only 3 days.

you sometimes get a letter a few weeks after for customs..but i havent paid any of mine and had no combacks....i now wait for a massive bill to land on my matt this week (tempting fate or what)