PDA

View Full Version : crossepg downloader

redjohnboy43
23rd April, 2012, 04:26 PM
Hi, am new to all this. I have a vu+ duo . the last 2 days, I have had problems getting my epg to download. all I am getting is a few channels on the epg. I have tried on several occasions to manually download it but getting the same channels each time. Any suggestions (I'd be very grateful if you kept any suggestions simple). If it's any help, I have the following settings, I don't think I have altered any so I don't know why I am suddenly only getting a few channels on my epg -
MENU/SETUP/SYSTEM/EPG/SETTINGS/ - EPG LOCATION - Internal Flash: EPG FILENAME - epg: AUTOMATIC REFRESH - yes: REFRESH EVERY (HRS) - 24: AUTOMATIC SAVE - yes: SAVE EVERY (HRS) - 24: SHOW EIT NOW/NEXT IN INFOBAR - yes: ENABLE EIT EPG - yes: ENABLE MHW EPG - no: ENABLE FREESAT EPG - yes: ENABLE VIASAT EPG - yes: ENABLE NETMED EPG - yes.
Please, any suggestions as this is now really annoying as I have to search on my laptop for tv listings.

digicon
23rd April, 2012, 05:15 PM
You should not save the EPG to 'Internal Flash' you will have no doubt seen the warning message that this is not recommended. What you should do is store it onto an external USB drive preferably or even an Internal hard drive but never in the Flash

redjohnboy43
24th April, 2012, 04:52 AM
Thanks for advice digicon. That was a default setting so I just left it as it was. I have not had any warning messages up, why is this not recommended? The only options for epg location are internal flash, or /media/hdd. will everything work the same if I just change the setting to /media/hdd?

digicon
24th April, 2012, 10:57 AM
You would be wise to change it to Internal hard drive so yes /media/hdd if you have not got an external pen drive.

The reason you dont store it into internal flash is that is used to store the image and any updates the image may need, also called the nandflash which if written to all the time with EPG download will shorten the life of the onboard flash and eventually kill it.

redjohnboy43
24th April, 2012, 03:29 PM
Thank you for the info. I have restored to factory settings, downloaded the epg using crossepg downloader and changed the storage to media/hdd. Will see how that goes, hopefully ok. Do you know if, when crossepg downloader downloads the latest epg, does it write over the previous one or delete the previous one?