PDA

View Full Version : Tuner failed ?

trance
24th April, 2012, 07:36 AM
Ok, I know gibbo74 has a thread with a similar name, but I started a new thread because my problem is slightly different.

right, my problem is I keep getting tune failed on my clone VU+ Duo.
I'll be watching TV then all of a sudden the box says, 'tune failed' and I have to reboot the box before i can watch any channels.
This seems to happen once every 1-2 days.
I have just scanned channels. my setup is 28.2 east on bh 1.73
guys help me out please. hope its not a hardware issue

septicsmurf
24th April, 2012, 08:06 AM
I get this problem sometimes when changing satellites. The flashing satellite comes up but the dish doesn't move, eventually flashing up tune failed. Sometimes i sort it by moving dish to 0, other times i have to reboot the box.

potrobber
24th April, 2012, 09:15 AM
what is your tuner settings set at?

both on single, simple ,28.2 as thats how i have mine with no issues

trance
24th April, 2012, 07:52 PM
what is your tuner settings set at?

both on single, simple ,28.2 as that how i have mine with no issues

yep mine is the same, both on 28.2e single simple.
im waiting for it to happen again, trying to narrow down the possibilities of the cause

trance
28th April, 2012, 05:20 AM
ok, it happened twice today, 'service not found sid not in pat' is what came up, out of the blue when changing channels.
then later on when switching to film 4 [87% signal] it displayed the same message.when i try to change channel from here on the signal is between 3% and 10%. after rebooting all is back to normal.
originally i thought maybe its my wiring or lnb needs realigning as i changed both recently. but my dm800se was running fine even with low signals on some channels.
I performed a scan , but it failed to pick up a lot of these fringe channels like some qvc , and other shopping, religous channels. after retuning manually im thinking maybe its my tuner on the vu thats on the way out. some channels are 10% down on the vu compared to my dm800se.
Im not sure, ive only been using this box for over a week
any ideas?

the man
31st May, 2012, 06:41 PM
ok, it happened twice today, 'service not found sid not in pat' is what came up, out of the blue when changing channels.
then later on when switching to film 4 [87% signal] it displayed the same message.when i try to change channel from here on the signal is between 3% and 10%. after rebooting all is back to normal.
originally i thought maybe its my wiring or lnb needs realigning as i changed both recently. but my dm800se was running fine even with low signals on some channels.
I performed a scan , but it failed to pick up a lot of these fringe channels like some qvc , and other shopping, religous channels. after retuning manually im thinking maybe its my tuner on the vu thats on the way out. some channels are 10% down on the vu compared to my dm800se.
Im not sure, ive only been using this box for over a week
any ideas?

im getting the same thing , any news?

trance
31st May, 2012, 11:56 PM
im getting the same thing , any news?

Nope, I'm rebooting my box every day or so when it happens.
I've read maybe I should reseat the tuner in the box. Might give that a go

BTW how long have you had this issue

digicon
1st June, 2012, 12:22 AM

That would be near impossible on the Duo as the tuners are soldered to the main board, The only receivers to have Plug & Play tuners in the VU series are the Uno & Ultimo.

I would take the lid off the box and check all connections to the main board including PSU take them out and re-insert if necessary. If that fails and you still have the same issue then try either a re-flash of your current image or even a different image

the man
1st June, 2012, 12:02 PM

my srn is any where from 40 to 84% my agc goes from 20 to 45%

i uped the lbn votage last nite and will see how it goes new vix image

IAmATeaf
1st June, 2012, 05:39 PM
What sort of dish and lnb have you guys got?

the man
1st June, 2012, 05:51 PM
just sky stuff

trance
2nd June, 2012, 02:26 AM
That would be near impossible on the Duo as the tuners are soldered to the main board, The only receivers to have Plug & Play tuners in the VU series are the Uno & Ultimo.

I would take the lid off the box and check all connections to the main board including PSU take them out and re-insert if necessary. If that fails and you still have the same issue then try either a re-flash of your current image or even a different image

yes your right, I opened it up last night to have a look and just like you said, the tuners are soldered to the main board.
I managed to mess up the display in the process as now thats stop working:giveup:

trance
2nd June, 2012, 02:31 AM
What sort of dish and lnb have you guys got?

zinwell quad , I think its sky zone 2 dish with shotgun cable
I connected the lnb and cable myself