PDA

View Full Version : DID YOU KNOW

maca
25th April, 2012, 08:38 PM
Bill gates owns a 6% share in carpet right..

jordigirl
25th April, 2012, 08:39 PM
why would he want to ??

GastonJ
25th April, 2012, 08:40 PM
IN case you need a carpet that takes ages to install, turns blue every other day and needs to be updated weekly of course.

Shady
25th April, 2012, 08:40 PM
i knew that... old news :boring:

maca
25th April, 2012, 08:41 PM
i knew that... old news :boring:
its not old news bum breath..

jordigirl
25th April, 2012, 08:42 PM
but aint carpet right english ?

Johnner
25th April, 2012, 08:42 PM
So now yer gonna get ~~~~ing cold calls from carpet telesalesmen offering to patch yer shag !!! :eek:

GastonJ
25th April, 2012, 08:43 PM
but aint carpet right english ?

No it's a retail outlet for carpets. English is a language and a nationality. :rolleyes:

jordigirl
25th April, 2012, 08:47 PM
har bloody har gas,

why woulda a yank want a share in a cheap n cheerful carpet shop ??

GastonJ
25th April, 2012, 08:48 PM
har bloody har gas,

why woulda a yank

Bringing the tone of the forum down already eh?

Meat-Head
25th April, 2012, 09:39 PM
carpet right..

ADVERTISING FEATURE:-

Franchise Opportunity with United Carpets > Carpet Retail Business (http://www.franchisedirect.co.uk/retailfranchises/united-carpets-franchise-05381/)

Now rumor has it, the company was called "paul Eyre Carpets"

Nice when you can prove a rumor correct

rumor has it they went bust, did find this link which is cool, caroet place burnt down.

Status_Building | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ukwanderer/3575909873/)

Buy United Carpets at 9p Tips | Sharecrazy (http://sharecrazy.com/beta/Tips/4102/buy-united-carpets-at-9p)

United is run by Chief Executive Paul Eyre, or as he used to be known in marketing for his previous venture, Paul Eyre Carpets, ?Mr. Super Deal.? He co-founded the business in the late 1990s following the collapse of Paul Eyre Carpets. Eyre has 30 years experience in the industry and currently owns almost half of the business.

inamghafoor
26th April, 2012, 09:07 PM
hasn't he got shares in a chinese energy firm

Meat-Head
26th April, 2012, 09:24 PM
hi welcome to DK the worlds best website.

who, paul eyre ltd or bill gates VERY limited?

DJSimo
27th April, 2012, 12:17 AM
its not old news bum breath..

Err yes it is, he bought 3% Carpet Right shares back in 2008

Meat-Head
20th February, 2013, 10:12 PM
DID YOU KNOW:-

If you send emails to gocompare that are QUOTE:- "containing profanity" they do not get viewed they get ninned.

Funny thing is they just so happen to know you have sent QUOTE:- "emails containing profanity"

Funny that

OFF TOPIC:-

Caveman Nige did say there si NO rules about posting drunk on DK. :beer:

DJSimo
24th February, 2013, 03:57 PM
how do :party : u know this?

I think this link may answer your question:-

(http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/2790723/Bill-Gates-takes-stake-in-UKs-Carpetright.html)Bill Gates takes stake in UK's Carpetright - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/2790723/Bill-Gates-takes-stake-in-UKs-Carpetright.html)
(http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/2790723/Bill-Gates-takes-stake-in-UKs-Carpetright.html)

RedSpider
25th February, 2013, 12:36 PM
What, if any, are his options on these shares?
How much did he pay for them?
Does he boast about them at dinner parties?
Is his PC wallpaper a picture of Carpet Right?
What are his views on laminate flooring?
Do Carpet Right consider him important enough to manufacture him a suit made of carpet if he so commands?
Does he make carpet-based innuendoes to his wife/mistress/ladies-of-the-night such as offering them a deep shag?

If you cannot answer all of these questions in detail and offering a minimum of three points that show that your answers are correct, then I'm not reading anything else that you type about carpets, Maca.

jaws2
25th February, 2013, 03:50 PM
it goes hand in hand when you get blue, you feel like kicking it, and you need kicker to install a carpet most times. so its Bill at his best good business venture.

ajax2061
25th February, 2013, 08:22 PM
let me guess you don't own a carpet from carpet right you only own the licence to walk on it....

Meat-Head
25th February, 2013, 08:39 PM
you only own the licence to walk on it....

wounder if the length of the carpet has to equal the license key - adds up to a 'magic number'

ifred
25th February, 2013, 09:14 PM
I reckon Bill bought shares in carpet right so he can install in the carpet pile fibres than when you sit your PC on a carpet it shags your PC :tee:
One minute it Tickle boo next minute it Blue screen with a little logo carpetrite of Bill :argh:

Shady
25th February, 2013, 09:20 PM
this all makes sense.
I bought a rug from carpetright, its full of holes i have to wait for a pack to be delivered to patch them.

I tried putting it over laminate from floors to go go, but it wouldnt sit right as it is only compatible with laminate from carpetright.

Meat-Head
23rd July, 2014, 09:51 PM
DUD YOU KNOW

Today is 3 years since amywinehkuse.co.uk was dekcreaed beyond economical repaur.

akdo 3 years ago I was off line in some shut hole called Blackpool

M T Glass
25th July, 2014, 09:23 PM
So now yer gonna get ****ing cold calls from carpet telesalesmen offering to patch yer shag !!! :eek:

Well, be glad it's not Clinton. He'd shag your patch.

gc1966
27th July, 2014, 08:29 AM
i think it may be to do with his philanthropic ventures,all the off cuts go to homeless people for dossing on.

ifred
29th July, 2014, 08:23 AM
Maybe Bill bought into them to help develop wall to wall windows shag your pc (codename windows shagpile) after all windows is getter threadbare now against the opposition!!
I hear a rumour Bill's trying a hostile takeover, of Meat's ishit failure as a future windows development (they have the problem with implementing meat's drunk falling down stair programming technique and slamming motor in wall as an update feature) :beer: