PDA

View Full Version : bh 1.7.3 image

damiensk
25th April, 2012, 11:36 PM
still getting my head around the duo scene,
my box ( clone) is running on a bh 1.7.2, if i want to upgrade to 1.7.3 will this be ok.( will i gain anything) not sure what b/l i have in it, how do i find out?
do not want to brick the box.
am i right in saying that, i d/l the file, if its in zip, open it, extract to a clean usb, then plug it in to the box prior to starting the box up?
it will then go through the sequence of loading.
once loaded, do i then shut the box down again and re-boot? taking the stick out before re-boot.

thanks in advance

digicon
26th April, 2012, 01:22 AM
No need to worry about the image mate your box is already running the latest 3.1.1 kernel, so just do as you say load onto a USB stick switch off at rear and back on with USB inserted and it will flash automatically and even tell you to reboot when its done.

lincsat
26th April, 2012, 01:51 PM
Do a personal backup first then when you load the new image, you can easily restore your settings. I find the PQ to be better on BH173.

damiensk
26th April, 2012, 11:46 PM
cheers chaps,
one last question. have had a look around,
but cant find the bh173 image to d/l, can some one point me in the right directiion!!!!!!!!!

digicon
27th April, 2012, 01:20 AM
certainly can try Here Blackhole 1.7.3 (http://www.8a8f8.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=5912&filename=BlackHole-1.7.3-bm750_usb.zip)

bigup
9th May, 2012, 08:25 PM
Do a personal backup first then when you load the new image, you can easily restore your settings. I find the PQ to be better on BH173.

will a personal backup, backup cccam details too?

digicon
9th May, 2012, 08:35 PM
will a personal backup, backup cccam details too?

Taken directly from the horses mouth so to speak

The new function "Personal Backup" is a better and easy way to backup not only the settings but all the preferences and additions that users usually add in their own preferred image.

digicon
9th May, 2012, 08:53 PM
For anyone that wants it currently running on my clone

Blackhole 1.7.4 (http://www.8a8f8.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=6596&filename=BlackHole-1.7.4.0-bm750_usb.zip)