PDA

View Full Version : Dbox file permission HELP!!

v1ks
7th May, 2008, 10:39 AM
Hi People

Just need some one to tell if im doing something wrong here.

I have dbox with a image already loaded on there, i purchased the dbox from a guy on ebay.

after connecting the dbox to my router using the dhcp on the box i was able to FTP on my box and browse the files/folders.

I tried to copy over the service and bq xml files across using FlashXP but it just wont let me copy so i tried WS FTP program just to make sure it wasnt flashxp. I can connect ok so no connections issue here.

After playing around and doing some test i think the guy has done something on the box/image so i am not able to write to the box. I mean i cant even put my own image in the "tmp" folder in flash xp it just fails. I even tried ftp via IE and it comes with some permission error.

I FTP'd using the root and dbox/dbox2 login details, which seems fine, all i want to do is put my own image and the xml files.

Is there a way to fix this permission issuse as i dont think it could be anything else.

Thanks for any help given.

Devilfish
7th May, 2008, 10:54 AM
Sometimes the image locks and goes into read only mode, there's no explaination for it, it just happens. I've noticed it happens if the box has been used for a long time without being connected to a PC so if this is the first time you've done it in say a year then that might explain it. But I don't know why it does it.

You should still be able to transfer an image to the /tmp folder because this is a different memory location than /var. Try again.

If not, you will need to reflash the box using IFA (Image Flash Assistant). It's in te dbox2 download section.

father ted
7th May, 2008, 11:12 AM
does it by any chance come up with this error? " can not open mtd device"?
Rename the image to mtd3.img and try that.

v1ks
7th May, 2008, 12:24 PM
well i got the box ebay so nt sure how long it was used for...as its 2nd hand...the guy i got it off is being akwards and wants to charge me for re-flashing it.

Ted - i cant rem the error message i will check tonight and let you know.

i will also try putting my image on the tmp folder and see what happens.

Thanks for help guys!:burnout: