PDA

View Full Version : How would you map for throttle bodies on IAW48P2?

JaboJG
26th April, 2012, 10:02 PM
If I'm going to put independent throttle bodies onto my EW10J4, 2 litre PSA engine then how would I go about mapping ignition/fuel?
Management on it atm is Marelli IAW48P2.
If Marelli can't be mapped properly for it then I will go for Omex or something similar.

Stanton
27th April, 2012, 08:18 AM
Unless you can alter ECU coding to run alphaN strategy, then I wouldnt bother.
You'll find MAP signal will be very erratic, especially at low throttle angles, and as such fuelling will be very inconsistent.

Also for the price, there are much better ECU's then Omex. Look at the DTA S40, its a far more capable ECU and the cal software is LOADS better.

JaboJG
27th April, 2012, 07:35 PM
Running alpha N at high load and Speed-Density at low load is apparently the way to do it.
I don't think I'd be able to hack the IAW48P2 to do speed-density calculations.
Aftermarket is almost definitely the way to go!

Stanton
27th April, 2012, 08:10 PM
Its not the way to do it, trust me :)

Unless you are running positive intake manifold pressure, you will have the best solution with soley alphaN.

As a dealer for DTA I can offer you a little discount, check out dtafast.co.UK for full info/specs

JaboJG
28th April, 2012, 01:36 AM
If it was to run solely on alpha N it would struggle with all the hills in my country, no?

Its not the way to do it, trust me :)

Unless you are running positive intake manifold pressure, you will have the best solution with soley alphaN.

As a dealer for DTA I can offer you a little discount, check out dtafast.co.UK for full info/specs

Stanton
28th April, 2012, 07:37 AM
No, not at all.

If you have alot of atmospheric variation, then you make sure you have your barometric corrections well tuned.