PDA

View Full Version : Stream bouquet/channels to PS3 or Internet TV/Device with Web browser ???

saayinla
27th April, 2012, 11:00 AM
Hi All,

I just got my first Vu+ Duo yesterday and all I can say is why did I put up with the crap that is the Openbox (IMO) before this...

Any, I am looking at the possibility of streaming the Tv Channel listing to watch on the PS3 or basically on a media player with a web browser and some internet browser enabled TV, this will basically resolve issue of having multiple boxes.

I saw a video on youtube of this working on the dreambox and someone created an enigma2 plugin which works for the Vu+ as well because I have installed it and all it does is:

What the plugin does:
- Creates a new directory under the WebInterface plugin's webdata
- Creates symlinks to all detected picon images (if the corresponding channels are in some bouquets)
- Builds an html page for each bouquet and links the pages together, channels shown as a picon matrix
- If there are channels without a picon text-links will be added below the picon matrix

Usage:
- After installation open the plugin via plugin menu, hit Generate (takes about 1 min for ~100 channels)
- Open http://Vuplus-ip/web-data/streampage in your browser or Popcorn Hour
- Direct mode pages are for devices like the PH
- m3u mode works better in a PC browser

I have tried this and it works on the PC albeit it does not show the Picons but just text and it also works on my HTC One X.

Anyone thought of this or anyone has a better working solution, anyone with a internet browser enabled tv can please give the above option a trial and report back if it works or not, I will upload the picon/stream creator plugin which was not created by me but I ve tried it and it works basically

condor30
29th April, 2012, 08:51 AM
Ok. I want to try.

condor30
29th April, 2012, 10:11 AM
I see plugin on my Vu+duo, I see web page on my ps3 with my channels, but they didn't play, when I press on channel sony falls
On PC: SERVICE ERROR:-257

saayinla
29th April, 2012, 09:03 PM
I am using a 3.55 PS3 and it works fine on the the standard Def Channel albeit freezing on the HD Channels and constantly buffering, the error you saw I heard its something to do with updates to the browser on the PS3.

condor30
30th April, 2012, 01:15 PM
What image are you using?

digicon
8th May, 2012, 01:27 AM
If you use the recently released Blackhole 1.7.3 or the just today released 1.7.4 on your Duo then you can use the Server tuners which installs Virtual tuners on your PC,PS3 etc.. without any need for plugins

meggiedude
8th May, 2012, 11:41 AM
I'm assuming none of this will work on a wifi connected Xbox 360, as there is (currently) is no full web browser option???

digicon
9th May, 2012, 12:22 AM
I'm assuming none of this will work on a wifi connected Xbox 360, as there is (currently) is no full web browser option???

Sorry dude i cant answer that as all i know is they support the PS3 so yes your probably right. (Web Browser)

karlh
21st September, 2012, 10:25 PM
thank very much, i?m going to to try it.

vibezinguk
26th January, 2013, 11:57 PM
used an old version for my popcorn hour worked a treat on a pli image

lee5916
30th January, 2013, 06:09 PM
If The Playstation browser is updated past 3.55 u wil have to use iitv catchup browser as this still uses the old 3.55 browser