PDA

View Full Version : tuner issues

Bumsrus
27th April, 2012, 08:03 PM
Does anyone know the correct tuner settings for a motorised dish,

many thanks

dell_xps
27th April, 2012, 08:47 PM
Sorry m8 just got a static dish, few guys on here should be able to help you though.

digicon
28th April, 2012, 01:29 AM
Menu - Setup - Service Searching - Tuner Configuration Pick which tuner you want to set to motorised either A or B and then change Configuration mode to Simple - Mode - Positioner and enter your Longitude and latitude setting.

Remember to change your Longitude from East to West

Bumsrus
1st May, 2012, 11:34 PM
so far i have tried tuner a;
positioner
input my settings ie, 53.000 north, 002.000 west
tuner B: set to equal to tuner A-
also tried vice versa but scan never goes past 0% and gets stuck on 8.0w alantic bird 2

i have tried a simple search on single
28.2 eurobird
diseqc - no

and this picks up all channels expected

any advice on where im going wrong?

potrobber
1st May, 2012, 11:41 PM
any word on what happened your duo clone ?

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f11/vu-duo-alternative-268613/

Bumsrus
2nd May, 2012, 12:11 AM
not really any update potrobber, still left with a shiny black box with a red dot, kinda given up with the clone. very happy with original, but would be even happier if i could get the motorised dish working lol

digicon
2nd May, 2012, 12:20 AM
personally i cannot understand people scanning for channels on an enigma 2 receiver when all available channels are available from the very nice people called Catseye,Vhannibal,Sgtflipflop etc...

Save a lot of hassle and if your install is setup correctly will pick all the available channels that are within your Dish size & area.

RuberDuck
2nd May, 2012, 12:26 AM
Because more often than not those very same bouquets are out of date at the time of their release especially ones like catseye who only tend to release once a month.

I personally use a combination of SGTFlipFlop and Vhannibal but do occasionally do a scan as well on certain satellites, such as 28.2 east as this only takes around 4 minutes to do a full blindscan with the uno / ultimo on this satellite location.

Bumsrus
2nd May, 2012, 12:28 AM
Would the bouquets pick up all channels on a server? or only just 28.2. Sorry about the noob question

RuberDuck
2nd May, 2012, 12:30 AM
the bouquets are a channel list and as such have nothing to do with your server.

now depending on who's bouquets you use they can cover a single satellite location or a many.

digicon
2nd May, 2012, 12:32 AM
Transponders change rarely on most satellites and doing a blindscan on 28.2? east is really unnecessary for one it doubles up on Tp's and channels.

Blindscan feature on receivers is more used for when trying to find an odd occasional feed on a satellite that may be there one day and then gone the next.

RuberDuck
2nd May, 2012, 12:40 AM
Transponders change rarely on most satellites and doing a blindscan on 28.2? east is really unnecessary for one it doubles up on Tp's and channels.

Blindscan feature on receivers is more used for when trying to find an odd occasional feed on a satellite that may be there one day and then gone the next.

like any other scan method you can choose the clear before scan option in blindscan. as for doubling up on TP data that is just plain wrong as the found TP's are not written to the satellites.xml at all, they are discarded however in ViX we have added a feature where you can save this data to a separate file so that you can check it if you want to.

mtv1
2nd May, 2012, 12:56 AM
however in ViX we have added a feature :eek: we are not worthy :D

had a problem with a vu+ duo turned out to be the dish slightly out sd and hd :stickyman: :itsme: thanks for your help ;)

digicon
2nd May, 2012, 01:09 AM
like any other scan method you can choose the clear before scan option in blindscan. as for doubling up on TP data that is just plain wrong as the found TP's are not written to the satellites.xml at all, they are discarded however in ViX we have added a feature where you can save this data to a separate file so that you can check it if you want to.

That was my point why scan a whole satellite when no TP data is stored at all, Because its already on the sat.xml file which can only be edited manually and not by the receiver.

Bumsrus
3rd May, 2012, 12:55 AM
Right, installed Catseye bouquets, i can see all the different folders ie sky uk movies, sky uk sports which all work correctly, however when i choose a different satalite ie hotbird 6 and choose sky italia news there are no channels available not even fta, and this is the same with all other satalites. What am i doing wrong ?

digicon
3rd May, 2012, 01:24 AM
It could be absolutely anything dish alignment, Cable problem, Motor Problem etc....

trance
3rd May, 2012, 05:18 AM
however in ViX we have added a feature :eek: we are not worthy :D

had a problem with a vu+ duo turned out to be the dish slightly out sd and hd :stickyman: :itsme: thanks for your help ;)

what was the problem, as my vu randomly loses signal

mdt
3rd May, 2012, 07:20 AM
Right, installed Catseye bouquets, i can see all the different folders ie sky uk movies, sky uk sports which all work correctly, however when i choose a different satalite ie hotbird 6 and choose sky italia news there are no channels available not even fta, and this is the same with all other satalites. What am i doing wrong ?

are your usals settings correct for your area??? regards mdt

Bumsrus
3rd May, 2012, 09:20 AM
Don't think it is a motor problm as I can go to positioner settings and can manually move the dish by searching east or west etc,

Is there a way I can check the usals settings as an installer set it up for me?

Bumsrus
3rd May, 2012, 10:47 AM
Not sure if this could be the reason but when I enter my Longitude = -2.1926, I don't seem to have a minus symbol . Could this be causing the problem ?

digicon
3rd May, 2012, 11:00 AM
Not sure if this could be the reason but when I enter my Longitude = -2.1926, I don't seem to have a minus symbol . Could this be causing the problem ?

If your Longitude is -2.1926 then in your settings you will see it has a 6 figure combination 000.000. so you enter it as 002.192 in your settings

Bumsrus
3rd May, 2012, 11:36 AM
Ok thanks digicon. That's not the issue then as that's the way I have it set .

benny/9
3rd May, 2012, 01:05 PM
what i'm going to say had me thinking this
sounds strange but is it worth trying?
on anouther forum a few had the problem
with usuals on the clone duo and one said
he got his working by first setting the tuner
to advanced for diseqc 1.2 setting that up
and numbering all the sats he wanted.
then he change the tuner to simple and possitioner
and typed his long/lat settings in, and after loading a
channel list the motor found every sat

Bumsrus
3rd May, 2012, 07:51 PM
Thanks Benny/9 will give ur suggestion a go , but before I'm going to try and swap the coaxial cable over just incase iv put them into the wrong ports in the receiver . I have posted this in another forum which just gives a bit more detail about the problem I am having .

Hi guys hope u can help, I have a Motorised dish connected to my duo, an installer did the fitting but couldn't get the tuners to scan so left with just a dish up saying its fully working but need to play around with the settings to get it to work. He says It has been set up using usals.

Settings I have :
Tuner a:
config mode - simple
Mode positioner
Long(entered from satsig)
Lat ( entered from satsig)

Tuner B: set to second cable of Motorised

When auto scanning I was getting no channels so i have tried a simple search on single
28.2 eurobird
diseqc - no

and this picks up all channels expected in the region of 1051

however when I use the settings above for the Motorised dish all I seem to pick up are the standard uk channels and no foreign fta . I installed Catseye bouquets, i can see all the different folders ie sky uk movies, sky uk sports which all work correctly, however when i choose a different satalite ie hotbird 6 and choose sky italia news there are no channels available not even fta, and this is the same with all other satalites. What am i doing wrong ?

Bumsrus
8th May, 2012, 12:18 AM
Quick question ... Let's just say my usals have not been set up correctly , could this result in the satfinder locating each satellite, establishing a lock however when I do an automatic scan the only channels found are uk ones ie 1060 total services found ?

digicon
8th May, 2012, 01:34 AM
If your USALS settings are not correct and your only finding UK channels all the time it seems to me that your dish is stuck on 28.2? east.

Listen mate your best bet is to call the installer back and get him to sort it after hearing something being said like this it appears another 10 gallon hat has rode out of dodge.

an installer did the fitting but couldn't get the tuners to scan so left with just a dish up saying its fully working but need to play around with the settings to get it to work. He says It has been set up using usals.

dell_xps
8th May, 2012, 10:38 AM
Can someone who has a motorised sat set up give the guy the exact settings they have on tuner A and tuner B please, and any other settings he needs to change, thank you :-)