PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the Sensation XE

Rodbouy
27th April, 2012, 08:55 PM
My Mrs had a Desire Z since last oct but the touch screen went twice on it.

The 2nd tim it cam back and they said water damager and ever gave me a night big colour pic to prove it.

So obv that was a lot of shite. So I plastered this on the Facebook page and the customer care got back to me and said they will give it a 2nd look.

Guess what !!!!!!

No Water damage wasnt even a pic from the phone.

So they fixed the phone sent it back minus the battery and battery cover and a bezel from underneath the touch screen.

So after some arguing they offered a free upgrade. So I chanced my arm on that and they were not up for it.

Was either a Desire HD or my phone the Desire S.

But finally broke them in to giving her the Sensation XE.

Just waiting on it arriving now.

Canker_Canison
27th April, 2012, 10:40 PM
It's a good choice, not my personal choice, but still a good one.

1.5Ghz dual core processor is faster on paper than the Galaxy S2, but the Sunse UI slows things down a bit.

The more annoying part is the 1GB of storage. Most other phones in this end of the market offer 16GB before memory cards are needed.
But it does have a micro SD slot, so it's not the end of the world.

Good camera

Good screen

Reasonable battery life, but not mind blowing (only if ICS is installed).

Overall there are far worse phones to have, and not many ahead of it.

Rodbouy
27th April, 2012, 10:54 PM
Luckily she still has the 8gb mem card from the desire z.

I was reading that about the phone having 4gb but on 1gb avail to use.

She liked the qwerty slide out of the Z but i think it was plagued with problems and called a halt to it.

Canker_Canison
27th April, 2012, 11:15 PM
Slide out querty keyboards became popular after the HTC TYTN II, a good phone.
At the time digitizers were a little prehistoric & a lot less accurate than they are now. The capacative screen was still a few years away. But Blackberry were making a name for themselves in the business market.

When the Desire Z was released Blackberry was the in thing for the kids to have. But at the same time the accuracy in the digitizers had hit a level that on-screen keyboards could work more efficiently, & more to the point, a lot cheaper than a hard keyboard.

The two biggest problems with hard keyboards are water damage, prone to corrosion & fur build up. Wear & tear is the next killer. All keyboards in midrange phones are nothing more than thin alloy cups over a PCB ring & center dot. Not good for prolonged use like the abuse suffered when kids send a hundred texts a day.
Even the high end phones, like Blackberrys 9700 range, aren't much different. Just the materials are better quality.

Nav2010
29th April, 2012, 10:34 PM
Got xe fab fone, personally right now I would wait for galaxy s3

Rodbouy
29th April, 2012, 11:48 PM
It's a free upgrade from the desire z, sim free phone.

andy1967
19th May, 2012, 04:44 PM
Did she get the mobile? if so whats the signal like on hers, mine plays up a lot when at home meaning no signal, I had the desire before and the signal was great everywhere.

Rodbouy
19th May, 2012, 05:15 PM
Did she get the mobile? if so whats the signal like on hers, mine plays up a lot when at home meaning no signal, I had the desire before and the signal was great everywhere.

I get that when Im in my loft room for some reason (Desire S) but on the Sensation XE its fine.

andy1967
19th May, 2012, 06:00 PM
Im on vodafone, just wondering which network she has to see if it is network or the phone itself, thanks.

Rodbouy
19th May, 2012, 06:05 PM
Im on vodafone, just wondering which network she has to see if it is network or the phone itself, thanks.

O2 mate. Same as me