PDA

View Full Version : vu+ duo set up guidance

ttrini67
28th April, 2012, 12:19 PM
I have taken the plunge and purchased a vu+ duo clone which I should receive next week. I have done a bit of research on the setting up this box. I've no experience with a linux based box, but I don't see this as being a problem. I just have a few questions that I want to throw out to experience users of this box.

If this is a version 2 box can I install any Image straight out of the box via usb?
Which image is considered to be the best performer?I know this is a personal decision,but there is always one that ticks all the boxes, personally I'm leaning towards VIX image.
I am going to use a fixed dish on tuner A for 28.2 E and on tuner B my motorized dish for other European sats.What settings should I use.
I already have a Blade bm7000 with a sea lion, do I have to get an addition sea lion if the 2 boxes will be in operation at the same time?
The vu+ is replacing my sky+ which is connected to a 2nd tv via an eye., can the same be done with this box using the eye?
What is the best program to use to add or edit files on the vu+?

Thanks in advance for assistance provided.

RuberDuck
28th April, 2012, 12:22 PM
1. post in the Vu+ section

mdt
28th April, 2012, 12:24 PM
I have taken the plunge and purchased a vu+ duo clone which I should receive next week. I have done a bit of research on the setting up this box. I've no experience with a linux based box, but I don't see this as being a problem. I just have a few questions that I want to throw out to experience users of this box.

If this is a version 2 box can I install any Image straight out of the box via usb?
Which image is considered to be the best performer?I know this is a personal decision,but there is always one that ticks all the boxes, personally I'm leaning towards VIX image.
I am going to use a fixed dish on tuner A for 28.2 E and on tuner B my motorized dish for other European sats.What settings should I use.
I already have a Blade bm7000 with a sea lion, do I have to get an addition sea lion if the 2 boxes will be in operation at the same time?
The vu+ is replacing my sky+ which is connected to a 2nd tv via an eye., can the same be done with this box using the eye?
What is the best program to use to add or edit files on the vu+?

Thanks in advance for assistance provided.

you have made a good choice m8 and heres what i know...

1. yes
2. blackhole 1.7.3 all day long imo
3. its up to you
4. yes
5. no, unless you get a scart to rf mod addon
6. i use filezilla

regards mdt

ttrini67
28th April, 2012, 12:30 PM
1. post in the Vu+ section

Is there a special way to do this or do I have to do it all over again

cactikid
28th April, 2012, 12:36 PM
first bit brings up all boxes with sat.
Satellite (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f74/)

second one is the vu place and select from there
VU+ Duo & Solo (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f186/)