PDA

View Full Version : vu+ duo set up guidanceI have taken the plunge and purchased a vu+ duo clone which I

ttrini67
28th April, 2012, 12:34 PM
I have taken the plunge and purchased a vu+ duo clone which I should receive next week. I have done a bit of research on the setting up this box. I've no experience with a linux based box, but I don't see this as being a problem. I just have a few questions that I want to throw out to experience users of this box.

If this is a version 2 box can I install any Image straight out of the box via usb?
Which image is considered to be the best performer?I know this is a personal decision,but there is always one that ticks all the boxes, personally I'm leaning towards VIX image.
I am going to use a fixed dish on tuner A for 28.2 E and on tuner B my motorized dish for other European sats.What settings should I use.
I already have a Blade bm7000 with a sea lion, do I have to get an addition sea lion if the 2 boxes will be in operation at the same time?
The vu+ is replacing my sky+ which is connected to a 2nd tv via an eye., can the same be done with this box using the eye?
What is the best program to use to add or edit files on the vu+?

Thanks in advance for assistance provided.

DOUGALMCD
28th April, 2012, 01:44 PM
1 If v2 yes
2 Image I would try a few and see which you are more comfortable with.
4 Yes.
6 Vucc or Dcc whichever you prefer.
Not up to scratch on rest though.

digicon
29th April, 2012, 12:54 AM
I have taken the plunge and purchased a vu+ duo clone which I should receive next week. I have done a bit of research on the setting up this box. I've no experience with a linux based box, but I don't see this as being a problem. I just have a few questions that I want to throw out to experience users of this box.

If this is a version 2 box can I install any Image straight out of the box via usb?
Which image is considered to be the best performer?I know this is a personal decision,but there is always one that ticks all the boxes, personally I'm leaning towards VIX image.
I am going to use a fixed dish on tuner A for 28.2 E and on tuner B my motorized dish for other European sats.What settings should I use.
I already have a Blade bm7000 with a sea lion, do I have to get an addition sea lion if the 2 boxes will be in operation at the same time?
The vu+ is replacing my sky+ which is connected to a 2nd tv via an eye., can the same be done with this box using the eye?
What is the best program to use to add or edit files on the vu+?

Thanks in advance for assistance provided.

1. You can load any image you like new or old.
2. Image preference is down to you if one fails try another
3. dependant on image you can download settings straight to the box via the image servers otherwise you would have to FTP them over yourself Catseye & Vhannibal seem favourite for Multi sat
4. Yes or else ECM's will sky rocket
5. Yes either with a RF Modulator & Global Link+ or the Triax RF Kit
6. as mentioned VUCC is probably the easiest

Hokane3
21st September, 2012, 10:22 PM
Buying the above this weekend. A bit anxious as it is a clone although the supplier has given me a year warranty. Are these machines reliable. Would appreciate a reply. Just joined this forum today so I would like to say hi to everyone:manusign:

septicsmurf
21st September, 2012, 11:53 PM
Hope you get one of the good ones. Mine has had a blown psu and won't drive my motor with any regularity.
Good luck.

cactikid
22nd September, 2012, 09:03 AM
will they standby the warranty when something goes wrong and how much will be the postage?you should have done more research before purchase to let yourself know what you are getting.

potrobber
22nd September, 2012, 11:46 AM
just prey you did not order from aspley sat , dreamboxparts .co.uk or dreambox .me.uk

all clones from this one man scam are junk

notluckyuk
22nd September, 2012, 11:51 AM
Ive bought 4 clones from a Uk supplier in Manchester, one as failed (rom failed to hold image after reboot) and he swapped it out straight away. if anypne wants his contact details PM me.

Hokane3
25th September, 2012, 12:38 AM
Lives beside me and no postage costs. Did a little research online and gambled.

Hokane3
29th September, 2012, 11:46 PM
Hi
Just got vu duo and am delighted with. Seller installed it and programmed it for me as I am not tech minded. Question. Red rec light is on although I am not recording anything. Also is there a button for removing items I have recorded. Suppose I am spoilt by the ease of the old sly plus box.
Ps picture quality better than old system

potrobber
30th September, 2012, 11:02 AM
hi

i would say he has setup timeshift and thats why record light is on

to delete recorded programs just hit menu button when in file list

IAmATeaf
30th September, 2012, 12:31 PM
I've got timeshift enabled on my box and don't have a red light on all the time.

Also what red light are we talking about, the one on the front of the box or the rec indicator on that appears when you press OK on the remote?

Hokane3
2nd October, 2012, 11:17 AM
Hi
First of all many thanks for replying. Not all of us are tech minded so its great you help the likes of me out. I was using the hold button at the bottom of the remote instead of the yellow button this caused the red rec light to come on. Sorted. Next question. I am using a passport external hard drive for recording. How do I remove items that I have already watched. Again many many thanks. I would be lost without you

Hokane3
2nd October, 2012, 11:24 AM
Thanks pot robber for your info. Great. Many thanks

Hokane3
2nd October, 2012, 06:26 PM
What does message Sid not found in pat mean. Was surfing through channels and this appeared on the 18+ channels. Does that mean they are encrypted.
Many thanks.

cactikid
2nd October, 2012, 07:51 PM
moved frequency possibly so check here.

Astra 1N / Astra 2A / Astra 2B / Astra 2D / Eutelsat 28A (28.2E) - All transmissions - frequencies - KingOfSat (http://en.kingofsat.net/freqs.php?&pos=28.2E&standard=All&ordre=freq&filtre=Clear)

Hokane3
2nd October, 2012, 10:40 PM
Is it easy to change skin on vu duo. I'm a novice.

Hokane3
3rd November, 2012, 02:21 PM
Will original remote work on vu+duo clone

benny/9
3rd November, 2012, 02:51 PM
simple answer YES

benny/9
3rd November, 2012, 02:54 PM
yes but make sure any skin is compatible with your image
if the image has a addons manager you can find skins in there

manster
3rd November, 2012, 03:02 PM
i use VIX and it has a couple of skins built into the image . just change them in setup

Hokane3
28th January, 2013, 11:05 AM
Write error while recording. Disc full. BH message. Using passport 320gb. 300 gb empty. Any one know how to solve this.

DOUGALMCD
28th January, 2013, 11:14 AM
Initialise the hard drive and when you want to ask a question start a thread please don't double post the same questions.