PDA

View Full Version : I need help

eamon
22nd January, 2009, 05:50 PM
Hi is there someone that can help me my son computer is not working when he put it on the computer seed on the screen computer is in anlog sift mode press any key on keyboard or mouse to start and it won?t open up for hem is there anyone that can help me thank eamon

shady77
22nd January, 2009, 05:52 PM
what exactly does the error message say mate?

eamon
22nd January, 2009, 06:05 PM
hI shedy77 thank for your reply it sead on screen Analog Input In Power Save Mode Press Any key On Keyboard Or Move Mouse so when he dos it the computer wont open for hem

shady77
22nd January, 2009, 06:09 PM
ok. do you see the POST info? (white writing on ablack screen)?

on the monitor menu, scroll through the options. you may have like me, a choice between analogue and digital, try changing this setting.
how old is your son, at the age where he likes to press buttons?

eamon
22nd January, 2009, 06:31 PM
Hi M8 again thank my son is 30 and yes white writing on blany screen some one told me it might be the hard drive r windows have to be instadle is this posable that all that may have to done to it

shady77
22nd January, 2009, 06:33 PM
did you try changing the setting on the monitor mate?

eamon
22nd January, 2009, 06:37 PM
hi i can not do anythink with it if i turn on and over the monter it gose to a stand by mode and then back to a blank screen

Lanxman
22nd January, 2009, 06:39 PM
May be the first thing you did, But have you tried checking to see if the vga cable is properly connected to the computer?

shady77
22nd January, 2009, 06:40 PM
ok. back of pc.
how many monitor connections are there?
a lot of pcs have two. one in built on mobo and another on the graphics card.
try swapping these over

eamon
22nd January, 2009, 06:58 PM
I tryed another monitor on the computer Philips and it still sead the same on it that why it touck me so ling to get back to you

Lanxman
22nd January, 2009, 07:04 PM
Try what shady said b4 mate, there may be another socket for the monitor. Try plugging the monitoe into the other socket.

jckw
22nd January, 2009, 07:34 PM
sorry to butt in lads but i had the same problem when i put new monitor on my pc the resoloution on the new monitor wouldn't let me see anthing other than the warning message you need to change resoloution on a different monitor make it smaller then reconnect it i think thats how i done it

eamon
22nd January, 2009, 08:33 PM
Hi jckw how do i change the resoloution on the monitor thank

jckw
22nd January, 2009, 08:37 PM
if you can access it and c it right click on desktop go to properties then settings and adjust there if im understanding ur problem correctly i had to change my monitor to old one then change resoloution on pc the put new monitor back on