PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of upgrading my main box

yasminandrio
30th April, 2012, 11:51 AM
Whats your thoughts, I have around ?300 my main box at the moment is a spiderbox 9000 i think i will be looking for a box with a gift again but i am looking at maybe a twin tuner and with a built in hard drive also i want 7 days epg!! Also should i get a new one now or wait till August!! As its used most for football!! Thanks all

alom5
30th April, 2012, 12:24 PM
if your'e looking for a twin tuner....it has to be the clone vu duo for appx ?200 or the original for just under ?300

can add hard drive, has 7 day epg...customise box as you want. everything you need it to do mate.

if you can wait...it will probably get cheaper over time as newer boxes come onto the market.....

yasminandrio
30th April, 2012, 01:41 PM
if your'e looking for a twin tuner....it has to be the clone vu duo for appx ?200 or the original for just under ?300

can add hard drive, has 7 day epg...customise box as you want. everything you need it to do mate.

if you can wait...it will probably get cheaper over time as newer boxes come onto the market.....

Thanks Alom what about a plug and play with a good gift??

Manic01
30th April, 2012, 01:57 PM
Protek.....
Dynavision.

yasminandrio
30th April, 2012, 02:02 PM
Protek.....
Dynavision.

Can you send me a link plz Manic, i think i've found it but not sure!! on ebay ?208??

yasminandrio
30th April, 2012, 02:12 PM
Protek.....
Dynavision.

any of these??

Dynavision (http://www.creativesatellite.co.uk/contents/en-uk/d353_Dynavision.html)

Protek Receivers (http://www.creativesatellite.co.uk/contents/en-uk/d238_Protek_Receivers.html)

which one is the best ie for gift, HD EPG and overall

Manic01
30th April, 2012, 02:26 PM
@mdt is knowledgable on the protek wait till he appears mate.
As for the dynavision, I think the fox hd is probably best but tbh have never used one yet sorry.

yasminandrio
30th April, 2012, 02:27 PM
@mdt is knowledgable on the protek wait till he appears mate.
As for the dynavision, I think the fox hd is probably best but tbh have never used one yet sorry.

thanks Manic

markedz
30th April, 2012, 03:26 PM
got a protek 9710hd with ongoing gift,as these do for sale
had it 4 months
let me no if interested

gaz1968
30th April, 2012, 03:35 PM
Anyone got any links were i can get a clone duo for 200? cheers

alom5
30th April, 2012, 03:53 PM

you will have to get it from china for that price mate.....i use hdgate for my chinese clones

@yasminandrio regards the gift thing......i wouldn't go for a box with gift mate. you are a million times better off finding a decent server and sticking a line in the box. a lot more variety (you can choose what to have and not to have) and much more stable.

on that note.....do you need to have 2 lines for a twin tuner box or can 1 line be enough???? any1???

my personal opinion anyway....:manuscarf:

yasminandrio
30th April, 2012, 04:02 PM
you will have to get it from china for that price mate.....i use hdgate for my chinese clones

@yasminandrio regards the gift thing......i wouldn't go for a box with gift mate. you are a million times better off finding a decent server and sticking a line in the box. a lot more variety (you can choose what to have and not to have) and much more stable.

on that note.....do you need to have 2 lines for a twin tuner box or can 1 line be enough???? any1???

my personal opinion anyway....:manuscarf:

I no what you are saying i have a lot of shares already just wanted a box with a gift which i can put lines on also

alom5
30th April, 2012, 04:06 PM

I no what you are saying i have a lot of shares already just wanted a box with a gift which i can put lines on also

if you got shares already....then i'm confused as to why you would want a box with the gift on it.

but each to their own eh??? lol

in that case ....protek is one of the more popular ones from previous readings

yasminandrio
30th April, 2012, 04:10 PM
I am going to put the new one in the front room i have one in the bedroom and i want one for the kitchen, the one for the kitchen will just have the gift on it, the one in the room, a new one with shares and gift and the one in the bedroom for.......... i still don't know my way around the sat and sat boxes yet so the easier the better for me!!

alom5
30th April, 2012, 04:15 PM
ermmmmm.......i think i know what that one in the bedroom will be having lol

chuck an openbox (is HD as well) in the kitchen....don't cost much and a line won't cost ya much either ....lot cheaper than the gift option

potrobber
30th April, 2012, 04:42 PM
check aspley sat see if he has uk stock again he was 190 delivered next day for duo clone

i also thought the proteks with gift need motorised dish as gift does not cover 28.2 but i could be wrong

mdt
30th April, 2012, 07:34 PM
the protek 97XX boxs are excellent gift style boxs but will only run a sea-lion using newcamd.... @dick b can give you more info as ive lost touch with the latest proteks as i find them a little expensive and the people i install for sometimes just wont pay ?250 plus for a box..if your going to get a sea-lion anyway then get a duo clone and shove a hard drive in it, regards mdt

satsmo
30th April, 2012, 08:51 PM
Can we have less of the CS discussion please, especially those relating to pay servers.