PDA

View Full Version : Kein System message *Help*

shezasingh
7th May, 2008, 03:19 PM
Can anyone help???

I have flashed the new Blade_Quad 2x not realising I required 1x, doh!!!

I have followed the FlashFXT Guide and it informs that to fix this problem I need a program called IFA.

Can anyone guide me to a user guide for IFA or some instructions? Also where can I get the IFA prgram?

Can anyone help PLEASE??

Jaffa
7th May, 2008, 03:30 PM
You can get IFA in the downloads section...it is best if you have a null modem cable when using IFA but it can be done witha crossover cable, although its really all about timing and when you turn the dbox on, it may take you quite a few attempts but it does work. If you have a null modem cable then it will be a simple job.

IFA is pretty simple to use, just follow the instructions on the screen.

shezasingh
7th May, 2008, 05:30 PM
Sorry but this is not working for me!!

I have connected a cross-over cable and a Null Modem Cable (serial Cable). I open up IFA 2.1 and then follow the instructions. As I press ok I then input the dbox power cable.

Dbox shows "|" at first then Kein System.

Also Boot manager pops up and automatically minimizes and the IFA screen shows dbox image flashing but nothing is happening!!

Do I need to change the network settings as I was using FlashFXP 1st? I have changed the Network IP address to the dbox IP address and a connection is showing.

Also it states that the dbox must be in debug mode but after checking the tutorial it is not nessisary to doing anything if the dbox has an image already installed, but not sure what I should be doing here!!

Can anyone help??

Jaffa
7th May, 2008, 06:12 PM
You dont need to change the IP addy cos IFA will set a temporary one.

IFA can be a fussy thing, try a different version. I had to try a few before I got one to work.

Try V1.56, its at link below.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=113

shezasingh
7th May, 2008, 08:07 PM
I have downloaded IFA V1.56 and now the dbox shows "dbox2 Flashing assistent".

It has been like this for 30mins and the Com port messages from the dbox section on IFA is blank. The tutorial shows that this should show progress messages if a Null Cable is connected.

Do I need to cancel and try again?? (sorry if Im asking too many Q's but I have never done this and just want my box working again)

shezasingh
8th May, 2008, 12:07 PM
Ok I have managed to Flash the dbox with IFA.

The box boots up and the new image (blade_Quad) comes up.

But none of the channels are working!!! When I select a channel the screen shows "Error channel not available"

The channel name comes up but showing "awaiting for time" & the dbox LCD shows "No EPG-Info"

I have checked connection to cable wire and this seems to be fine.

Can Anyone help???

Jaffa
8th May, 2008, 12:10 PM
Need just a wee bit more info m8,

Did you press Blue button and set your location ??
Did you ftp your services and bouquets back to the dbox ??
Dd you do a rescan ??

shezasingh
8th May, 2008, 12:31 PM
ok I just thought I had to re-image the box and it would all work (stupid me)!!!

I have not done any of the above!!

Jaffa
8th May, 2008, 01:00 PM
O.k if you dont have a copy of your services and bouquets, there may by a set for an area near you in the downloads section at link below.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=18

If not then press blue button and set your location and do a rescan after it reboots.

shezasingh
8th May, 2008, 01:31 PM
Jaffa your a STAR!!!!

I set my location and done a rescan and all channels are back.

Thanks

Jaffa
8th May, 2008, 01:39 PM
Glad you got sorted m8, now if you havent already sorted them into bouquets then its time to start that..lol, then you can back them up for future reference.

busta87
19th May, 2008, 01:26 AM
Yeah nice bit of info im having issues with that app aswell

wolverine100
26th May, 2008, 02:02 PM
Can anyone help???

I have flashed the new Blade_Quad 2x not realising I required 1x, doh!!!

I have followed the FlashFXT Guide and it informs that to fix this problem I need a program called IFA.

Can anyone guide me to a user guide for IFA or some instructions? Also where can I get the IFA prgram?

Can anyone help PLEASE??

you must take an image with 2x not 1x

what for dbox has you and how many intel chips ??

Dr Evil
20th August, 2008, 09:37 AM
Hi mate, There really is an easier way of flashing the Dbox without using a serial cable or the IFA (Flashing assistant software) which I think is pretty overcomplicated.

1. Plug your dbox into a spare port on your broadband router (PC also connected).
2. On Dbox goto settings>network then turn on DCHP and restart network.
3. Select show network settings, and make a note of the IP address.
4. On PC install FireFox web browser and flashFTP plugin for it and the BigMaq toolbar.
5. Download your image from the toolbar to your desktop (unZip it) so you can find it.
6. Start FireFox/FireFTP, select quick connect, enter your Dbox IP from step 3, Username: root Password: dbox
7. using FireFTP browser chuck a copy of the image you saved to your desktop into the /TMP folder on the Dbox.
8. On the dbox select service from the menu and towards the bottom you can enter the advanced options which enable you to select "flash without bootloader", then you can select the image you put into the /TMP folder.
9. Confirm with the red button and let it do it's stuff ;-)

NOTES
FireFox with the FlashFTP plugin is a great, free FTP program that's very easy to use so use it.

If your Dbox wont boot after you have reflashed it,, you have probably reflashed the wrong image type e.g. 1X, 2X so try the other variety.

Anyone got service files for Bristol?

Rob

redhound
21st August, 2008, 03:09 PM
if using an external firewall that when its switched off for flashing the built in windows xp firewall version sometimes defaults back on.

smiffy_john
23rd October, 2008, 11:14 PM
hi ive looked at this thread and i cannot get mine working , how do u do this ,,,,
Did you ftp your services and bouquets back to the dbox ??

littlelou
3rd December, 2008, 04:23 PM
im tryin to reflash my other dbox as i put wrong image on and got kein system but it stops flashing only about an inch of the bar goes green on the flash bar

smiffy_john
3rd December, 2008, 04:49 PM
thats as far as the green line is supposed to go , if u r using segam then make sure its a 1x image that u use if its a nokia then it could be 1x or a 2x image , hope that helps
:rangers2:

littlelou
3rd December, 2008, 05:08 PM
its a nokia box and i put 1x on by mistake so tryin to put 2x on. so the green bar only goes abourt a quarter of the way? but i get server error (1024)
then i get whilst trying to open \tmp\flash .img no such file or directory

scarface_34
3rd December, 2008, 05:21 PM
you will need to flash your dbox again using a null modem cable

littlelou
3rd December, 2008, 05:24 PM
im using null modem cable and the error i said in other post is wot i get

NUKEMALL
3rd December, 2008, 05:37 PM
triying to do this myself now lol.

i have a eurovox max v great and easy .

but i have an old sagem dbox that at the mo is in KEIN SYSTEM .
will let you all know how i get on , never tried this so this should be fun .

littlelou
3rd December, 2008, 08:17 PM
im still getting the message tmp\ flash.img no such file or directory then does a back up copy to pc ive tried this about 20 times

NUKEMALL
3rd December, 2008, 09:19 PM
right got it working .....

flashed using image flash assistant .

null modem and also network lead from my router .

had to flash 20 times till the message at the end said 7mb flashed .
changed location
scanned for channels and it found 350+

only thing one long list of channels .
any body know where i can find a faviourts list for the kent area
thanks lads this sit ROCKS

jetsada
3rd December, 2008, 11:18 PM
im still getting the message tmp\ flash.img no such file or directory then does a back up copy to pc ive tried this about 20 times

are you using IFA? If so did you definitely set it to say you were using the null modem cable + com port? Try plugging in a crossover as well if you have one.

Did mine the other day (though Sagem not Nokia) had loads of trouble trying to do it from my laptop so gave up and used a desktop with nullmodem, worked first time though IFA didn't realise the box had finished flashing but worked fine for me.