PDA

View Full Version : We was brung up proper!!!

gizmo.1484
30th April, 2012, 07:47 PM
We was brung up proper!!
"And we never had a whole Mars bar until 1993"!!!
Congratulations to all who where born in the 1930's,1940's,50's, 60's and 70's
First, we survived being born to mothers who smoked and/or drank while they carried us and lived in houses made of asbestos. They took aspirin, ate blue cheese, raw egg products, loads of bacon and processed meat, tuna from a can, and didn't get tested for diabetes or cervical cancer. Then after that trauma, our baby cots were covered with bright coloured lead-based paints.
We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, doors or cabinets and when we rode our bikes, we had no helmets or shoes, not to mention, the risks we took hitchhiking. As children, we would ride in cars with no seat belts or air bags. We drank water from the garden hose and NOT from a bottle. Take away food was limited to fish and chips, no pizza shops, McDonalds, KFC, Subway or Nandos. Even though all shops closed at 6:00pm and didn't open on the weekends, somehow we didn't starve to death!
We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle and NO ONE actually died from this.
We could collect old drink bottles and cash them in at the corner store and buy Toffees, Gob stoppers, Bubble Gum and some bangers to blow up frogs with. We ate cupcakes, white bread and real butter and drank soft drinks with sugar in it, but we weren't overweight because...............WE WERE ALWAYS OUTSIDE PLAYING!!
We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the street lights came on. No one was able to reach us all day. And we were O.K. We would spend hours building our go-carts out of old prams and then ride down hill; only to find out we forgot the brakes. We built tree houses and dens and played in river beds with matchbox cars. We did not have Play stations, Nintendo Wii, XBoxes, no video games at all, no 999 channels on SKY, no video/DVD films, no mobile phones, no personal computers, no Internet or Internet chat rooms.............WE HAD FRIENDS and we went outside and found them!
We fell out of trees, got cut, broke bones and teeth and there were no Lawsuits from these accidents.
Only girls had pierced ears! We ate worms and mud pies made from dirt, and the worms did not live in us forever. You could only buy Easter Eggs and Hot Cross Buns at Easter time...
We were given air guns and catapults for are 10th birthdays; We rode bikes or walked to a friends house and knocked on the door or rang the bell, or just yelled for them! Mum didn't have to go to work to help dad make ends meet! FOOTBALL had trials and not everyone made the team. Those who didn't had to learn to deal with disappointment. Imagine that!! Getting into the team was based on MERIT.
Our teachers used to hit us with straps, canes, blackboard dusters and gym shoes and bully's always ruled the playground at school. The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke the law was unheard of.
They actually sided with the law and battered you when you got home! Our parents didn't invent stupid names for their kids like 'Kiora' and 'Blade' and 'Ridge' and 'Vanilla' We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned HOW TO DEAL WITH IT ALL! And YOU are one of them!
CONGRATULATIONS! You might want to share this with others who have had the luck to grow up as kids, before the lawyers and the government regulated our lives for there own good...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnner
30th April, 2012, 09:58 PM
~~~~ me ! Are you in an A+E waiting room,waiting for admission or something ? How long did it take you to type that tome ?

FWIW - We were tough little bassads back then,and now !! Now stitch yer thumbs back on,and go home.:top:

manxspud
30th April, 2012, 10:29 PM
Sorry blue ... its just to hard on the eyes to read lol

gizmo.1484
1st May, 2012, 09:50 AM
~~~~ me ! Are you in an A+E waiting room,waiting for admission or something ? How long did it take you to type that tome ?

FWIW - We were tough little bassads back then,and now !! Now stitch yer thumbs back on,and go home.:top:

lol.... No i was on the golden throne lol

chris31560
1st May, 2012, 10:13 AM
yeh born in 60,s me best years of my life i can tell ya...

ecufix
3rd May, 2012, 07:29 AM
Them good ol days

super jumbe
3rd May, 2012, 07:42 AM
Do you know I want to go back in time when I used to drink in pubs with lads and smoking cigars, the good old days??..

I do remember mate, now 21st century no smoking in public, most pubs in our town disappeared, miserable life ahead for our lads!!!!!!!!! (END)

:ciao:

:hello:

ray156
3rd May, 2012, 08:13 AM
having a kid nowadays is like having a zombie,they dont know what life is,the more kids that are born in years to come is going to cause a wide shortage of cotton wool,even if your kid falls at school and cuts knee,the school cant put a plaster on in case it causes a reaction,give me a break,yep uk has gone mad,all those do gooders and government etc,my daughter was outside on pavement,i told her things i used to do,so she drew out beds with chalk on pavement and gave her old shoe polish tin to use,she got pulled up by passing cop car,and they said to her to get rid of,as that was damaging council property,jeez the rain would was it away in couple of days.its about time punishment was given back to the parents,and the goverment bodies concentrate on the real abused kids,not treat everybody as abusing there kids just for a little smack on the back of the leg,but i think it is to late now to change it,as my kids hit me with,you cant shut me in my room its false imprisonment,or you cant scream and shout at me,i am just a kid,now the way i see it,is the parents are getting to scared to be around there kids,so let them go out to wander the streets,just to get peace from them,as now if you bawl and shout at kids for going over the score,they go to school and tell teacher,next thing you know boys in blue at the door.

waqasahmed
7th May, 2012, 02:52 PM
having a kid nowadays is like having a zombie,they dont know what life is,the more kids that are born in years to come is going to cause a wide shortage of cotton wool

How British. I mean there's the recession, lack of jobs etc... but what we're really worried about is the shortage of cotton wool

Johnner
7th May, 2012, 03:31 PM
Waq, I think there was a certain lash of sarcasm,and a little truth in rays statement !

waqasahmed
7th May, 2012, 03:38 PM
Waq, I think there was a certain lash of sarcasm,and a little truth in rays statement !

I was being sarcastic as well

nsw9154
7th May, 2012, 05:42 PM
:goodpost: I Was born in 54 and every thing gismo said is correct we used to swimm in the sea and their would be turds bouncing in front of us :puke: them days the raw sewage was pumped strait in to the sea goodness knows how much sea water we drank but i am still here and fairly healthy
when i think back now i wonder how we survived but we where made of tuffer stuff them days, central heating was a stove in the midle of the room and double glazing was ice in the inside

and the dreaded sunday bath was the tin bath in front of the fire range in the kitchen and seeing that i was the youngest i went in last 2 buckets of scumm out and another 2 buckets of clean hot water back in :dong: and when i finaly went to the pub (under age) at 16 it cost me 1shilling & 6pence for a pint of Strongarm beer about 7p now

toolmansteve
8th May, 2012, 12:32 AM
I also was hatched in 1954, such a good year, and for the first 3 years of my life was living in a small village in a tiny cottage, no running water, no t.v,no electricity,toilet was outside , good job I do not remember much of it. My Dad was earning ?6 a week and the cottage rent was ?2 .We only moved into town because Mum had a stillborn baby and that was attributed to the poor conditions we lived in.Try getting anyone to live like that today ???

This is beginning to sound like a Monty Python sketch The Four Yorkshire Men Four Yorkshiremen- Monty Python - YouTube

Hoppy01
8th May, 2012, 01:18 PM
We was brung up proper!!
"And we never had a whole Mars bar until 1993"!!!
Congratulations to all who where born in the 1930's,1940's,50's, 60's and 70's
First, we survived being born to mothers who smoked and/or drank while they carried us and lived in houses made of asbestos. They took aspirin, ate blue cheese, raw egg products, loads of bacon and processed meat, tuna from a can, and didn't get tested for diabetes or cervical cancer. Then after that trauma, our baby cots were covered with bright coloured lead-based paints.
We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, doors or cabinets and when we rode our bikes, we had no helmets or shoes, not to mention, the risks we took hitchhiking. As children, we would ride in cars with no seat belts or air bags. We drank water from the garden hose and NOT from a bottle. Take away food was limited to fish and chips, no pizza shops, McDonalds, KFC, Subway or Nandos. Even though all shops closed at 6:00pm and didn't open on the weekends, somehow we didn't starve to death!
We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle and NO ONE actually died from this.
We could collect old drink bottles and cash them in at the corner store and buy Toffees, Gob stoppers, Bubble Gum and some bangers to blow up frogs with. We ate cupcakes, white bread and real butter and drank soft drinks with sugar in it, but we weren't overweight because...............WE WERE ALWAYS OUTSIDE PLAYING!!
We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the street lights came on. No one was able to reach us all day. And we were O.K. We would spend hours building our go-carts out of old prams and then ride down hill; only to find out we forgot the brakes. We built tree houses and dens and played in river beds with matchbox cars. We did not have Play stations, Nintendo Wii, XBoxes, no video games at all, no 999 channels on SKY, no video/DVD films, no mobile phones, no personal computers, no Internet or Internet chat rooms.............WE HAD FRIENDS and we went outside and found them!
We fell out of trees, got cut, broke bones and teeth and there were no Lawsuits from these accidents.
Only girls had pierced ears! We ate worms and mud pies made from dirt, and the worms did not live in us forever. You could only buy Easter Eggs and Hot Cross Buns at Easter time...
We were given air guns and catapults for are 10th birthdays; We rode bikes or walked to a friends house and knocked on the door or rang the bell, or just yelled for them! Mum didn't have to go to work to help dad make ends meet! FOOTBALL had trials and not everyone made the team. Those who didn't had to learn to deal with disappointment. Imagine that!! Getting into the team was based on MERIT.
Our teachers used to hit us with straps, canes, blackboard dusters and gym shoes and bully's always ruled the playground at school. The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke the law was unheard of.
They actually sided with the law and battered you when you got home! Our parents didn't invent stupid names for their kids like 'Kiora' and 'Blade' and 'Ridge' and 'Vanilla' We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned HOW TO DEAL WITH IT ALL! And YOU are one of them!
CONGRATULATIONS! You might want to share this with others who have had the luck to grow up as kids, before the lawyers and the government regulated our lives for there own good...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He he he, nice post and so true..
People tend to think that kids have it easy today and in some respects thats true but a wouldn't trade my childhood era with todays at any cost.
At Primary school we all had the same uniform and shoes with those black rubber Dunlop trainers for P.E.
Most of us came from a family of two parents who were working class and most of us had to endure steam cooked school dinners..

A couldn't imagine being confined to a back garden to play with ma mates, that was punishment in my day..
We were down the park playing footie, swimming in the river or fooling around with anything on wheels..
There wasn't a silver cross pram in our street that was safe, that was our version of bling alloys.
That combined with a saw,hammer+nails, old door or plank, bit of rope, old paint, drop of Fairy liquid and a pair of old shoes with segs or thick soles and you were ready to compete in the street 500..

Parents today would have a seizure if the saw their kids whizzing down the street at 30mph plus on a sparking plank with one hand on the wheel and the other holding your can of creamola foam..:bounce: