PDA

View Full Version : EGR off BMW EDC17 120D

Morette
1st May, 2012, 03:16 PM
Hi,

Is it possible to turn off the EGR or reduce it to almost nothing in EDC17?

File attached, BMW 120D 177BHP EDC17 CP02 0281013536,
Pre TP.

Thanks!

bondiblu
15th June, 2012, 08:04 AM
I'm am after similar infomation for a E82 123d. When I looked, there seem to be many EGR related maps. Could someone point me in the right direction, or hopefully point me at BMW EDC17 damos. My recent searches have found very little info on the EDC17.

any GURU's willing to assit me, even by PM should you feel you need to.

Morette
15th June, 2012, 02:38 PM
I haven't seen any EDC17 damos for BMW yet.
I'm just going to look again and se if it is like EDC16

jovime
15th June, 2012, 03:13 PM
EGR on DPF equipped cars it's a must to be in working order. To shut it off you have to make dpf off first. Then you can switch off dtc's and close it, not an easy job :)

bondiblu
15th June, 2012, 09:42 PM
I haven't seen any EDC17 damos for BMW yet.
I'm just going to look again and se if it is like EDC16

I've looked at one, it has some similarities, but not enough in some cases

EGR on DPF equipped cars it's a must to be in working order. To shut it off you have to make dpf off first. Then you can switch off dtc's and close it, not an easy job :)

Thank you for this advice, after I purchase a replacement pipe, I will find someone with Swiftech, I believe it gives a DPF off solution and then continue my quest to get rid of the EGR valve.

Also, there are quite a few turbo maps, does anyone have info on what scenario each one is used, or do I tune them all? after the 1st atm boost limiter, there a a few more low pressure turbo, what are they for, Regen?

bondiblu
5th July, 2012, 08:07 PM
Is this correct? I've seen a BMW tuner offer this with no mention of DPF removal?