PDA

View Full Version : FEAR 2 - anyone played the Demo yet?

C64
23rd January, 2009, 12:04 AM
How good is this game!?!

I grabbed the demo from Xbox Live earlier today and I got to say it's shit hot.

It starts off in a creepy derilect school, reminded me of the original Silent Hill 1 school scenes :)

http://games.genieknows.com/files/story/Projectori.jpg

vipermo
23rd January, 2009, 08:27 AM
lmao mate i like the bit when the lockers in the corridor go mad i was like wtf is that haha
think this will be a great game.

C64
23rd January, 2009, 02:54 PM
Yup, that was freaky. :)

Those projectors in the classrooms were freaking me out for some reason. They were only showing drawings of Teachers, Playground etc but the audio was intentionally out of sync, I found it creepy :)

Looks like the people behind the Project had been using school kids in their experiments, Alma must have been one of them.

Ever since playing Silent Hill on the PSX I've always found schools spooky. :)

Raven
26th January, 2009, 02:57 PM
Ever since playing Silent Hill on the PSX I've always found schools spooky. :)

Gee, I wonder why ? ;) .....I'm with you on that one though!

I think I'm gonna grab the demo now...I didn't even know the demo was out so thanks alot for the heads up witchy :)

This one looks and sounds freakier than the first one!

C64
28th January, 2009, 07:55 PM
I see people are selling genuine retail copies of Silent Hill Homecoming PAL for the Xbox 360 on eBay.

I wish someone would rip it and post it ;)

Bulld0g
28th January, 2009, 08:00 PM
I see people are selling genuine retail copies of Silent Hill Homecoming PAL for the Xbox 360 on eBay.

I wish someone would rip it and post it ;) I can't wait for that to come out m8. :)

C64
28th January, 2009, 08:36 PM
Same here mate. :)

I almost bit the bullet and bought the NTSC PS3 version but I stayed strong and held out for the 360 version :)

The reviews don't look too good, kinda mediocre, but I don't care, I'm still gagging to play it :)

Bulld0g
28th January, 2009, 08:39 PM
First one ws best of all. Still, i'm looking forward to playing this one :)

C64
28th January, 2009, 08:49 PM
Agreed mate, tho to be 100% honest, I'm still not entirely certain of the exact story line of Silent Hill on the PSX :)

I played it, loved it and at the end of it I sat back and thought "WHAT THE ~~~~ WAS THAT ALL ABOUT???".

lol

Raven
28th January, 2009, 09:43 PM
Tend to do that with all Silent Hill games because of the way they execute the ending scenes and kind of leave it open to interpretation which I thought was very cool at the time because it leaves a lasting impression.

As for Silent Hill Homecoming, I played it on PC and personally I thought it was disappointing to put it politely...you can tell Americans made this one and not the japs.

C64
28th January, 2009, 10:06 PM
I've got the PC version but it won't run on Windows 7, so I'll just wait for the 360 version, not long now. :)

bakojosuke
31st January, 2009, 12:37 AM
I love how the AI is so smart in this game.