PDA

View Full Version : vu duo issues tuner setup

asad5150
1st May, 2012, 10:04 PM
im having problems watching one channel while recoding another. i have sky uk dish with one cable connected to the back. in the config i have set tuner a to sky uk simple and tuner b to loop.

digicon
1st May, 2012, 10:15 PM
im having problems watching one channel while recoding another. i have sky uk dish with one cable connected to the back. in the config i have set tuner a to sky uk simple and tuner b to loop.

Then you can only watch and record a channel that shares the same transponder, The LOOP function does not act the same as having a true independant feed to each tuner.

asad5150
1st May, 2012, 10:17 PM
wat about if i get a splitter and put cables into both tuners will that be ok?

potrobber
1st May, 2012, 10:19 PM
m8 it will not work like that you need 2 separate feeds to record different channels at same time what your doing will only let you record what your watching or same transponder

digi you beat me to it lol

i will let you explain he needs a twin lnb with 2 cables

RuberDuck
1st May, 2012, 10:26 PM
wat about if i get a splitter and put cables into both tuners will that be ok?

doing that can lead to both the lnb and tuner cards being damaged. the only solution is to fit a multi feed lnb and a second separate feed to the second tuner.

asad5150
1st May, 2012, 10:27 PM
well i cant do that becuase it will mess up our room as we have wooden floors. anyway i just got box for this reason but i may aswel sell it now

trance
1st May, 2012, 10:37 PM
You can replace the existing wire with a shotgun cable, which is more or less the same size as a single cable . as said above you will need a dual/quad lnb[5-7? on ebay]

asad5150
9th May, 2012, 03:36 PM
I spoke to my local sky dish installer and he sed u wil need a new dish as my current one is too old. He sed it wil cost ?40 for dish with quad lnb and double cable fitting included

RuberDuck
9th May, 2012, 05:19 PM
I spoke to my local sky dish installer and he sed u wil need a new dish as my current one is too old. He sed it wil cost ?40 for dish with quad lnb and double cable fitting included

Im sorry mate but most installers are just out to take you for a mug. in almost all cases you will just need to replace the lnb and run dual or shotgun coax in place of the existing single coax.

for example one of my own zone 2 sky minidishes is almost 8 years old and all i did was replace the old single feed lnb with a octo ( 8 feed ) lnb and new coax runs.

there was absolutely no need or a new dish.

potrobber
9th May, 2012, 05:59 PM
it will cost ?40 for dish with quad lnb and double cable fitting included

if he is doing all this for 40 quid i would jump at it if i was you
i cant see where he is making any money are you sure thats for all you have said inc fitting?

mdt
9th May, 2012, 06:10 PM
it will cost ?40 for dish with quad lnb and double cable fitting included

if he is doing all this for 40 quid i would jump at it if i was you
i cant see where he is making any money are you sure thats for all you have said inc fitting?

the ?40 will be for the dish,lnb and cable run although it would probably stand him at ?15 or less, regards mdt

digicon
9th May, 2012, 08:43 PM
the ?40 will be for the dish,lnb and cable run although it would probably stand him at ?15 or less, regards mdt

I wish mate 43cm dish and quad from suppliers about ?15 and then shotgun however long the run and of course 4 shotgun 'f's' i would say about ?20, prices went up around 3 weeks ago even though the country is in a recession LOL

asad5150
9th May, 2012, 11:55 PM
i know very cheap i phoned him again to confirm and he said everything is included even the fitting so im going to book him when weathers better