PDA

View Full Version : Challenger Technician (or other similar software)

Khein
2nd May, 2012, 08:35 PM
Guys I need please the software to connect to a Challenger 35.
Im using Cat Com adapter 3 and ET to connect to a Challenger 35 and I cant get connected. I guess I need other software besides Cat ET. I think the woftware is CHallenger Technician, but Im not sure. Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you in advance.

c16man
3rd May, 2012, 07:49 PM
You will need challenger technician and the challenger to pc adapter think the part nr is 1U-1900 or 1U-9100(cant remember will look it up)

What is the trouble?

Khein
4th May, 2012, 05:36 PM
You will need challenger technician and the challenger to pc adapter think the part nr is 1U-1900 or 1U-9100(cant remember will look it up)

What is the trouble?

The problem was that we had an alarm ON and we couldnt find what the problem was. Today it seems we solve, but I want to be able to connect just in case we have to do a service in the field.
We are trying to conect using challenger technician and cat com adalter 3, connecting the challnger 35 plug to the com adapter 3 bypassing the conectors but we are failing doing this.
Do you imagine what the porblem might be?

The code of the adapter is 1U-9100. But if I use this adapter, I will be able to connect the challenger plug witht the pc? No need of an interface like com adapter?

c16man
4th May, 2012, 07:22 PM
Yip you will be able to connect to the tractor, the coms adapter 3 wont work.

c16man
4th May, 2012, 07:30 PM
Try this, you must enter mode 1 and change the fault on/off setting. Think the setting is, off alarm will sound but no fault code.

c16man
4th May, 2012, 07:54 PM
Fault codes and elec diagram

Khein
4th May, 2012, 08:17 PM
Thank you and regards!

Khein
4th May, 2012, 08:29 PM
C16man, I was reading the documents you post and it allways talk about using CAT ET. I have to use this software or the Challenger Technician?

c16man
4th May, 2012, 10:43 PM
You will have to use challenger tech. I have also wondered about that ET is mentioned in the manual (maybe print fault?), all that you can do with chall tech is upload new bin files (flash) and see active and stored fault codes and if I remember correctly change a few parameters.

The 35,45,55 use an old canbus system rs232, the chall to pc adapter is not listed in Cat ET.

Antoniooo
15th April, 2022, 07:10 AM
Hi, I can't download Challenger Technician ? What's the problem in my account ?