PDA

View Full Version : Commando 14.5 CCcam.cfg question please

spudorange
3rd May, 2012, 10:32 PM
Usually use pli but tried this and am impressed on first view.

However I need to get it FULLY working.

I disconnected box "A" with plijade on and sat box "B" with commando on it and powered up then connected to it via ftp.

In /var/etc/ it did not show CCcam.cfg so I right clicked and made one, edited my info into it and closed it.

It did what it usually does and ftp'd the info to the box.

It is not however showing anything other than fta.

The info I have put into CCcam.cfg is ok as all I need to to is switch this box off and the other on and it works fine with the same info.

I enabled dhcp in menu/settings/network

Is there a cccam enable mode I am missing please

appreciate help

Murf22
3rd May, 2012, 11:11 PM
you'll probably either need to set CCCam up as the default softcam or you may need to install cccam.

take a look in /var/bin

..can you see CCcam file there?

if you can see the file in /var/bin then you probably just need to set it as the defult softcam, if not, then you'll have to download & install it to the box ;)

spudorange
3rd May, 2012, 11:33 PM
Thanks but still need a bit more help please.

It is not there so I copied my CCcam.cfg from var\etc into var\bin but still no joy.

You say download it, from where please?

You also say set it as default cam, where in menu is that please.

Finally you mention installing CCcam, How please?

seems like there's something I am missing such as a secret menu off a blue button for example.

Just found the download ccam 2.14 so playing with it

you'll probably either need to set CCCam up as the default softcam or you may need to install cccam.

take a look in /var/bin

..can you see CCcam file there?

if you can see the file in /var/bin then you probably just need to set it as the default softcam, if not, then you'll have to download & install it to the box ;)

mast
3rd May, 2012, 11:33 PM
Hi

From memory CCcam should be in /var/bin/emu and CCcam.cfg should be in /var/etc/

While you are there just check attributes of CCcam are set to 755 although it should have been changed when you start CCcam.

Press blue button on remote > extras menu > softcam menu and turn on CCcam

Also I think if you dont spell it as Ive spelt it then it wont see it.

Edit: Just read your post again and think you havent downloaded CCcam independantly. It doesnt come with image so you got to download via tinternet. Google for cccam.ppc then once downloaded and ftp to right folder as above rename it as CCcam.

Regards

spudorange
4th May, 2012, 12:06 AM
Thanks

downloaded this "cccam-2.1.4.rar" extracted and put into the empty emu folder 8 files including

"CCcam.armeb"
"CCcam.armeb.eabi"
"CCcam.cfg"
"CCcam.mipsel" etc etc

I now have my usual CCcam.cfg in 3 folders would you believe.

Var\etc
Var\Bin
Var\Bin\emu

I press blue button on remote and go into "extra's menu"

From there I have a choice:

Underneath the heading Extra's there's a softcam menu
In that there is 2 options

camd reset
camd status (in status it shows CAMD-INFO:

Blank screen with yellow bar across it.

seems I am not enabling something, appreciate further help.

Hi

From memory CCcam should be in /var/bin/emu and CCcam.cfg should be in /var/etc/

While you are there just check attributes of CCcam are set to 755 although it should have been changed when you start CCcam.

Press blue button on remote > extras menu > softcam menu and turn on CCcam

Also I think if you dont spell it as Ive spelt it then it wont see it.

Edit: Just read your post again and think you havent downloaded CCcam independantly. It doesnt come with image so you got to download via tinternet. Google for cccam.ppc then once downloaded and ftp to right folder as above rename it as CCcam.

Regards

mast
4th May, 2012, 12:18 AM
Hi

Delete the other cfg files you only need it in the folder Ive mentioned.

Think you only need the cccam.ppc in the emu folder which then has to be renamed CCcam if spelling is wrong it wont see it when you press blue button > extra > softcam menu.

Once you have done everything correctly it will see it in there for you to start it.

Cant remember if you have to reboot when you have transferred the files. Try a reboot if you cant see the files in relevant folders.

Regards

spudorange
4th May, 2012, 12:40 AM
Have done the following:

getting a bit pissed now lol

Deleted everything from the emu directory except cccam.ppc
Renamed that remaining file CCcam

uploaded, rebooted and still the same blank screen

what on earth am I doing wrong?

Hi

Delete the other cfg files you only need it in the folder Ive mentioned.

Think you only need the cccam.ppc in the emu folder which then has to be renamed CCcam if spelling is wrong it wont see it when you press blue button > extra > softcam menu.

Once you have done everything correctly it will see it in there for you to start it.

Cant remember if you have to reboot when you have transferred the files. Try a reboot if you cant see the files in relevant folders.

Regards

spudorange
4th May, 2012, 12:51 AM
Got it now

Thank you very much for your patience

If I get time I will write a quick tut with links cos I am not going to be the only one who struggles.

I have done twenty odd 500's so this was annoying me a bit lol

cheers

mast
4th May, 2012, 09:50 AM
Hi

Glad you got it going and I know commando is slightly different for people who are completely new to it. I was ok cos of familiarity from the old dbox days.

What did you do different than advised just so others know inc myself.

Regards

alladdin
4th May, 2012, 10:35 AM
and what do you see as better ? im interested in trying it
thx.

mast
4th May, 2012, 11:05 AM
thx.

Hi

Commando 14.5 is a very good image, its worth a try dont think you will regret it once setup correctly.

Regards

spudorange
4th May, 2012, 11:42 AM
Mainly an epg thing really

With plijade I am constantly changing channels to get it to refresh what's on.

With Commander they are there auto and right and left arrow buttons work far better in a couple of instances.

What's on next whilst staying on viewed channel, also it allows bouquet selection as well (right/left button)

On first impressions it is clearly better.

thx.

spudorange
4th May, 2012, 11:52 AM
I had had a drink whilst doing it and misread the help.

Renaming a directory in error and not the file CCcam.ppc

When I read it more clearly and changed the directory "emu" (of /var/bin/emu/) back to what it should I mistakenly typed it as Emu with the capital letter, once I had renamed it back and moved CCcam into it everything finally worked.

PS. For those who want to copy a regional bouquet for their area then you will need to move "bouquets.xml" to this directory: var/tuxbox/config/zapit

It took me a bit of finding but apparently there's a read me in their somewhere.

as mentioned when I get time I will do a tut and post up

Hi

Glad you got it going and I know commando is slightly different for people who are completely new to it. I was ok cos of familiarity from the old dbox days.

What did you do different than advised just so others know inc myself.

Regards

sloshed
6th June, 2012, 03:34 PM
Hi iv tryied everything can u explain in detail on what cccam u used and what files u put wher

freck
6th June, 2012, 05:28 PM
FTP to /var/bin/emu. Hit blue, then menu, on the remote, select the Softcam menu to turn it on, then select reset.
Cfg ftp's to var/etc
Freck

spudorange
6th June, 2012, 08:27 PM
Edit:

Ignore that please, just noticed it is the same as if I renamed CCam.ppc to CCcam

Hi freck

just noticed that rar file you posted, "CCcam-.rar" which extracts to "CCcam-" as in:

When unzipped it does not have a file extension

Is that to go "as is" into var\bin\emu as you mention.

Just wanted to make sure before doing so because of it lacking the file extension such as .cfg etc

ta

FTP to /var/bin/emu. Hit blue, then menu, on the remote, select the Softcam menu to turn it on, then select reset.
Cfg ftp's to var/etc
Freck

sloshed
7th June, 2012, 09:10 AM
Sorted many thanks all

j1ksx
21st September, 2012, 12:39 AM
How did you guys get it to work?

Thanks