PDA

View Full Version : How do I Stream to tablet from outside my home network?

septicsmurf
5th May, 2012, 09:07 AM
Hi all.
As the title suggests. I want to stream to my tablet from outside my home network.
I can stream via the webinterface when inside my home network, but I understand it has to be done differently from a different location.
I have seen a tutorial on it, but it was way to complex for me to understand. Can anyone help me out please?
Thanks for your help

dell_xps
5th May, 2012, 02:01 PM
replace the internal ip address, ie 192.168.0.1, with your isp's ip address, open the port on your router, make sure you have a good upload speed though, or it will just freeze m8.

septicsmurf
5th May, 2012, 05:00 PM
Thanks but I'm not sure I understand. Do I have to go into my router settings and do something?
Or do I just type my vu+ receivers ip in the address bar like I do when I stream in home network?
I am about to upgrade to 3mb upload so hopefully will be enough.
Is there a dummies tutorial anywhere?
I have seen one but it went straight over my head.

dell_xps
5th May, 2012, 11:22 PM
Ok basically when you go to your web interface your typing the ip address the router has given your Vu Box, ie, 192.168.1.1, so you can now access the web interface of your Vu on your comp, to do the same out side your home network, you will have to find your proper IP address, to do this go to google and type in something like find my ip address, now you know your proper ip address, type this http://your ip address you have just googled:80, see if that takes you to the web interface, then we'll take it from there m8.

septicsmurf
6th May, 2012, 07:42 AM
Ok thanks. Got my ip address, but it's not static. Should I open a dyndns account?

dell_xps
6th May, 2012, 11:13 AM
Up to you but my ip is not static either, try to see if you
can access web interface using the ip address now, just type it in your address bar
http://345.543.564.342:80, be something like that, replacing numbers to your own ip.