PDA

View Full Version : dvi-d to vga adaptor

ray156
5th May, 2012, 01:14 PM
i had my pc hooked up to my monitor and tv via vga y splitter,but the problem is i was getting music feedback from tv to speakers on pc monitor,i noticed i had dvi output on pc,so i bought a dvi to vga converter(see picture)but when it came would not fit pc,had a closer look,pc is dvi-d,plug i bought was dvi-a,so ordered another but dvi-d to vga,but will not give picture on tv through vga cable,since reading up,says dvd-d will not give a picture through vga to tv,so why do they make these things and sell them knowing they dont work,so it looks like back to vga y splitter,just have to unplug the audio cable from pc to monitor,

R_J
6th May, 2012, 01:15 AM
Make sure your pc's video card is setup for dual output. Check the display properties for proper setup. What make and model video card do you have?

ray156
6th May, 2012, 08:25 AM
Make sure your pc's video card is setup for dual output. Check the display properties for proper setup. What make and model video card do you have?
http://uk.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM2Plus/M2N68CM/

tried it all,even with nvidia detection tools.only way pc will pick up tv is through vga,not with the dvi-d to vga adaptor.